What's Going on the Week of June 10th, 2019?

Shanti

Momketeer
Maybe I'm an ignoramus for asking this, but is something big going on the week of June 10, 2019? The only domestic airline I can find prices that week for is United, and their prices go from very reasonable the entire week prior, continuing to be very reasonable on Sunday, June 9th, not rising at all, and then bam, they go straight to crazy 6X more expensive on June 10th, 11th & 12th (Monday - Wednesday). That's where their schedule stops.

I checked & this trend is for every itinerary I looked out, with different departure & destnation cities around the country. Is this due to some big happening that week? Or is it a short-term anomaly because United is the only airline to have pricing out for those days?

Anyone seen this phenomenon before? It's creeping me out because I already have nonrefundable plans that require me to fly on the 11th or 12th. But those prices are literally 6 to 7 times as high in every category as the prices for the week before. I could fly overseas for what they're asking for a short haul domestic flight on those days.

Maybe I'm an ignoramus for asking this, but is something big going on the week of June 10, 2019? The only domestic airline I can find prices that week for is United, and their prices go from very reasonable the entire week prior, continuing to be very reasonable on Sunday, June 9th, not rising at all, and then bam, they go straight to crazy 6X more expensive on June 10th, 11th & 12th (Monday - Wednesday). That's where their schedule stops.

I checked & this trend is for every itinerary I looked out, with different departure & destnation cities around the country. Is this due to some big happening that week? Or is it a short-term anomaly because United is the only airline to have pricing out for those days?

Anyone seen this phenomenon before? It's creeping me out because I already have nonrefundable plans that require me to fly on the 11th or 12th. But those prices are literally 6 to 7 times as high in every category as the prices for the week before. I could fly overseas for what they're asking for a short haul domestic flight on those days.

School vacation starts.

School vacation starts.
I really don't think it's that because summer vacation doesn't start everywhere all over the country at the same time. And no one's school vacation abruptly starts on a Monday (crazy pricing), as opposed to Sunday (normal pricing).

And I'm not talking about a 50% price increase here. I'm talking about a 600% price increase from one day to another. Completely insane.

You're looking exactly when the traditional airlines release their flights. I've found prices will drop in a couple of days/weeks. Keep watching.

Yes it is the beginning of summer vacation period. Even the DVC resort points per night always increase this week in June. If we would have gone the week before this year it would have been cheaper. And the school vacation pricing is based on when Florida schools get out for the summer.

There was something this morning on the news about fuel price increasing, causing airfare increases. Not sure how far ahead they contract for fuel, but fares in general are expected to rise.

There was something this morning on the news about fuel price increasing, causing airfare increases. Not sure how far ahead they contract for fuel, but fares in general are expected to rise.
It doesn’t matter if their fuel contracts run out in 10 years, they’ll still claim that’s why they’re raising prices. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter