• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's awesome about The Polynesian!?

quirkymom

Mouseketeer
After visiting The Polynesian with my husband on our last visit, I'm really intrigued to stay there. I know there are some die hard Poly fans out there. Tell me your favorite aspects.

Since it isn't a DVC resort, we have to pay extra, but I'm thinking I'd really enjoy being that close to MK for once and the monorail on site.

What else is a "seller"?!

We loved everything about the Poly :)......the tropical surroundings, laying in a hammock on the beach watching the fireworks, seeing the castle while swimming in the volcano pool, the waterfalls in the lobby, and all the very friendly CMs saying "Aloha" every time we saw them :goodvibes. We always wanted to stay at the Poly and finally did in Sept '07 and we can't wait to go back!!! We thought the rooms were very large and we loved just walking around the grounds taking in all the beautiful scenery ;). We like to try different resorts, but we really liked the Poly and will definitely be staying there again :thumbsup2.

We stayed at the Poly for the first time last Aug. We loved it!
it is great to be on the monorail, and also it is in easy walking distance to the TTC, where you can take the monorail to Epcot. So easy access to both parks!

Rooms were very big. Scenery and theming was great. At night, you can see Wishes and the EWP from the beach. Actually, even though we had a garden view room, we could see the top half of Wishes right from our room, over the roof of the Hawaii building, on nights we were too tired to leave the room. The kids got a big kick out of seeing fireworks while lying in bed.

The volcano pool, the monorail, the lobby, loved Ohana, the view of the castle from the beach, and the grounds/tiki torches. We loved it there :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We love everything about the Poly. The location, the view, the buildings, the landscaping, the luau, the Disney magic, the Kona, Ohana, and the Great House.

However, I have to say my absolute favorite thing ever at the Poly was one of our last nights there in 08, we came back after a long day at HS and my wife, daughter, and I went back to the room about 10 minutes before the fireworks. I grabbed a couple of beers out of the refrigerator and we left the room and headed for the beach. Passing by the bushes with the crickets chirping (speakers playing this, but that is part of the magic right?) and wondered in the hot June air down to the sand. My wife and I sat on our 9th anniversary, a beer each, our daughter digging in the sand as we listened to the Wishes music and watched the greatest fireworks view ever.

That is why the Poly is my favorite. It just makes me feel good to sit in that sand, stare at the castle, and think that sometimes life is just unbelievable.

What all of the pp's said. And adding the wonderful background music, the beaches, the lovely landscaping, and the friendly "aloha" we get from the CM's there. Also, the customer service all around is just great. :).

Ahh - it's a long time to wait until next April. :goodvibes

I've never stayed at the Poly - but the hotel will always have a soft spot in my heart as we got married there on the beach up at Sunset Pointe :love: We love to just visit and sit in a hammock and gaze across the waters to the Castle.

One day I'll save up enough money to actually stay at the Resort!

Staying our first time in Sept and I am so exicited, we visit the Poly for dinner and breakfast each trip and wish we could stay so its a dream come true and for our anniversary too! I am truly blessed!

Location, theming, the rooms are huge, being close to MK and TTC. The lush and tropical landscaping....it's beautiful!

The Poly is magical! It is a vacation within a vacation. Walking at night with the tiki torches lit is beautiful. Shopping is fun. The restaurants are some of the best on property, IMHO. The flowers are beautiful and the bunnies and ducks are fun to watch.

Seeing the fireworks at night from the beach is priceless if you want to be out of the congestion of the park. The monorail is so convenient and you fell like you are a part of the MK.

It is just a wonderful resort!

We love everything about the Poly. The location, the view, the buildings, the landscaping, the luau, the Disney magic, the Kona, Ohana, and the Great House.

However, I have to say my absolute favorite thing ever at the Poly was one of our last nights there in 08, we came back after a long day at HS and my wife, daughter, and I went back to the room about 10 minutes before the fireworks. I grabbed a couple of beers out of the refrigerator and we left the room and headed for the beach. Passing by the bushes with the crickets chirping (speakers playing this, but that is part of the magic right?) and wondered in the hot June air down to the sand. My wife and I sat on our 9th anniversary, a beer each, our daughter digging in the sand as we listened to the Wishes music and watched the greatest fireworks view ever.

That is why the Poly is my favorite. It just makes me feel good to sit in that sand, stare at the castle, and think that sometimes life is just unbelievable.

I LOVE THIS QUOTE!!!! :lovestruc This really embodies all that is great about Poly, and..........(see next quote)

The Poly is magical! It is a vacation within a vacation. Walking at night with the tiki torches lit is beautiful. Shopping is fun. The restaurants are some of the best on property, IMHO. The flowers are beautiful and the bunnies and ducks are fun to watch.

Seeing the fireworks at night from the beach is priceless if you want to be out of the congestion of the park. The monorail is so convenient and you fell like you are a part of the MK.

It is just a wonderful resort!

I LOVE THIS QUOTE TOO!!! This is what I always tell people that is so wonderful about Poly. It truly is a vacation within a vacation. It really feels like you are on your own tropical island. You know that you are in Disneyworld, because you can see the Castle. But in some ways you would never know you are in the middle of Disneyworld, because you feel as if you have been whisked away to some far off place. You could literally spend all day at the resort, just enjoying the lush tropical feel of it. The beach is so nice, the pools are wonderful, the restaurants are outstanding. And then there is the added convenience of being on the monorail, and seeing Wishes, the EWP, etc. It's so convenient. With so many different choices of longhouses, you can make yourself as secluded, or not secluded as you wish to be. Last year we stayed in Tahiti, but felt it was a little farther than we wanted to be from the GCH. This year we are requesting Raratonga, to be a little closer to the amenities. WE LOVE POLY!!! :lovestruc Give it a try!!!

I think the Polynesian is one of the most "relaxing" resorts around. You really do feel like you are on a Polynesian island. The resort music completes the mood.

All of the above plus:
EWP nightly at 9PM - to me it's just best from the Poly with the castle in the background
Torch-lighting Ceremony Tues-Sat 6PM
Hula lessons (check the schedule when you're there, I think it changes)
Tambu Lounge for tropical drinks
Slide down the lava floe into the volcano pool
Views from most of the rooms
Aromas!
Lunch at Kona Cafe

I just have to comment on this post, too! It brings tears to my eyes. DH, my two DSs and I leave for the Poly in 13 days and I can't wait to do the same thing!

The last time I stayed there was 1989 at Christmas, the year my grandmother died. My family couldn't bear to have Christmas at home without her, so we went to the Poly. It holds a special place for me, for that reason, too.

Jackie

i loved everything about the poly. i loved the scenery the pool watching wishes and electrical water parade on the beach the rooms are really nice and huge and the monorail. i love the polynesian

I am so excited to see this thread!!! I have wanted to stay at the Poly ever since I was a little girl and we will finally be checking in on June 4! We are so excited for the pool, we scored a reservation for 'Ohana...plus with the Main Street Electrical Parade being back...I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter