• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's a secret porthole room - 5560

There is no room 5560 on the Magic or Wonder.

Category 6 rooms all have verandahs. Those in the aft have metal-sided verandahs. Those that are forward to the Category 7 staterooms have plexiglass-sided verandahs.

I am thinking that maybe she simply got the numbers wrong... 5520 is a Secret Porthole Room. Non-connecting. With the very least obstruction! We have it booked for our upcoming cruise!

And, do check out Castawayclub.com which has some photos of different staterooms, including the SPR's. :D

Please take good care of SPR 5520 because hubby and I have this stateroom booked for our November cruise. Have you stayed in this one before? I booked it based on the good reviews from this site and the pictures on Barb's site.

Have a great trip!

We'll take good care of it for you!!!

I too was happy to book this room based on the reviews, etc. I always told DH that I could never cruise without at LEAST a porthole. So, on our budget, early booking, and being able to snag 5520 is what make this possible! ;)

Now, if DCL would just upgrade us to a nice verandah!!!:Pinkbounc (Okay, I can wish can't I - that is my username after all!)

what is kept in those white barrels outside the secret porthole windows? Anybody know?

Barb you are correct. They are life rafts that the crew can use. We saw them doing a drill with one of them on our Feb. cruise.

Wishing on a star and zeraspride...Let me know how 5520 is when you get back, as I have it booked for next year.

Thanks
Joanna

Secret Porthole Room 5520 is a Cat. 10 but is the same room as a Cat. 9 except the porthole (window) view is obstructed by a Lifeboat or equipment used (white barrels) for life saving procedures. They are in great locations if you have children in the kids clubs.

Hi: While we were on the Wonder two weeks ago (6/29), we booked the 9/18/04 Magic (Antigua stop) and are going to be in 5520. As soon as Colleen (DCL rep) mentioned that room, I told her that Barb and Tony had that that stateroom is on their secret porthole list. Jan P.S. By the way, anyone else booked the same cruise yet???

We were in 5524 on the Wonder. We did hear our neighbors, but they were adults with no children, in our tour group, so it really didn't bother us. In fact one day we even opened our connecting door so we could chat about our group activities.
5524 was quite obstructed and there was a light on the entire cruise. We loved the "secret" porthole, but we had to close the drapes if the light got too bright. I also liked the location. It was easy to get to the elevators, and didn't have much traffic noise. We were across from a luggage room, so when luggage was transported we did hear some noise. We would stay in a SPR again, but next cruise in Sept 2003 we are staying in a SVR, (secret but obstructed open verandah room) cat 7 on deck 7.
Michele

Cathy at DU just changed my cat. 11 to room 5520 SPR for our Sept. 4, 2004 (San Juan) Cruise. It made my weekend to snag the hard to get rooms!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter