What would YOU say to start an argument on the DisBoards?

TipsyTraveler

DIS Veteran
I just learned over on the Tokyo boards that my all-time favorite Disney show, Mystic Rhythms, is closing. When I told my boyfriend he tried to offer some consolation by saying he was sure whatever takes its place will be equally amazing. Being purposely dramatic, I said "No it won't. Mystic Rhythms and AKL are the best things Disney has ever done in its 80 year history!" He asked if I was going to make that proclamation on the DisBoards as a statement of fact, to which I broke out laughing because I could already imagine the kind of outrage something like that would cause.

Then we started thinking of other things that, if said here, were sure to cause an uproar. Things like "Sleeping Beauty wasn't an artistic masterpiece, it was a bunch of scribbled nonsense" and "The Academy must've been high when they gave Snow White an award".

So my question is, what can you think of that would be sure to get the boards riled up? Whether you even agree with your own statement is moot.

Disclaimer: Please do not actually start arguing with one another. This thread is meant to be lighthearted and fun, a way for us DISers to poke fun at ourselves. :)

The real question is what one could say to not start an argument. I think the only question that qualifies is "Will you help me name my cat?" (Unless, of course, said cat was not a rescue.)

In the spirit of participation I will offer the following sure-fire argument starters:

Would you let your 17.42 year old use the bathroom alone at Disney?

I just saw a fat guy in an ECV in EPCOT. Boy is he fat.

I just saw someone at the Magic Kingdom scamming the GAS system.

I am a better mom than all of you. I love my kids because I never let them leave my sight.

Fish Extenders are quite possibly the most ridiculous idea of all time.

My favorite:

Barring a health problem, school aged children should walk in Disney, not be pushed around in bulky, oversized strollers. Kids are just as capable of walking as adults are. It's even good for them!

Oh, the list is endless! And so fun too! ;)

My 10 year old tires easily. Would it be okay to rent a stroller for him while we're in Disney World?

I love Fastpass+! It's the greatest thing ever!

I hate Fastpass+! It has ruined Disney World!

Would it be okay to let the rest of my family go ahead & find a table while I'm standing in line to order our meal?

Disney princesses do not portray appropriate ideals for girls.

Why can't Disney provide better & more varied meals for children?

Why can't Disney provide more chicken fingers & hot dogs for children?

I refuse to stay at a value resort w/ the kinds of people there.

I refuse to pay the price to stay at deluxe value resort because I'm more financially responsible than that.

Do I need to tip mousekeeping?

I'm thinking I can book a restaurant in the Magic Kingdom for 7:00 pm, eat really slowly, & then see "Hallowishes" on our way out of the park without buying a ticket to MNSSHP.

Would it be okay to buy my picky child a meal from counter-service & then take his meal w/ us into a table-service restaurant for our ADR?

If I want to sit in the middle of the row, I'm going to.

Universal is way better than Disney.

Pool hopping is so fun! Especially at Stormalong Bay.

Why can't I have my family of 6 in a standard hotel room? They are all petite and can sleep in the dresser drawers.

:rolleyes1

Haha these are hilarious. Here are some of mine:

I hate Ohana!

I Love Ohana!

I love that they are finally refurbing the Poly!

Why would they refurb the Poly? It's a classic!

Oh they should definitely turn the Maelstorm into a Frozen ride!

BOG isn't THAT great!

The giant hat ruined the feel of HS! Get rid of it!

That giant hat is a staple of HS! Keep it forever!

Magicbands are just Disney's way of keeping track of us! #BigBrother

I could go on and on and on some more haha! :rotfl2:

I'm going to bring a bottle of bubbles into the line to pass time whilst plotting how to pool hop ;)

Is it OK if I bring my refillable mugs from 2002? My 10 year old, who will be 9 at Disney, can hold them while he rides in the stroller with his 4 year old (2 at Disney) sister since walking is too exhausting. We'll really only use them in the afternoons when we pool hop. We'd never try to use them when we make our salad at the Toppings bar while sharing our double burger with the extra bun we bought.

I am planning to pool hop on my next trip. Can I use my refillable mug from 1998 at all of the deluxe resorts?

Fastpass+. Just Fastpass+.

Harry Potter world is better than Disney.

I am taking my vacation money ELSEWHERE. :mad:

Refillable Mugs & Pool Hopping have always been a hot topic on DIS for as long as I can remember. Seems like a strange thing to me to get their undies in an uproar about, but without fail, it happens.

Non-Disney related:
Hmmm, I think asking something like this would do it.:
"What do you think about taking a 9 year old to a gun range?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter