What would you reply when you tell someone your going on a Disney cruise and they reply saying ...

I prefer to indulge my inner child rather than be a stuck up prig. :D So yes, I'm totally 5. And own it!

I should add, I'm totally going to be the one squealing as we walk onto the ship :) Been to the World and Land many times and it NEVER grows old.

What I tell people is:
Whoever pays the piper calls the music. :rockband: :charac2: :mic: :music:
If someone wants you to go on a vacation and they are willing to pay for it, go and have a great time on them. If you are paying for the trip you go where and when you choose to go.

Last edited:

"Yep. And I'm the one bringing the crayons".

We are going on a Merrytime Cruise in December. The little girl in me is definitely coming out to play. Even though we do not have little kids, I am definitely going to the kids' club open houses, so I can see what we bigger kids are missing. DH wants to "drive the ship".

Ha - I just discovered cruising in general last year and am so hooked. While I've never cruised Disney yet, I mentioned to a couple of people that I was going on a cruise and they asked "what are you - 90?" That's for "old" people! :rolleyes:

So I guess you can't win either way.

Since my Children are grown, we still like to cruise with Disney, the comment I get a lot is, you travel Disney without kids?? Why??
Your right, I just stop trying to make them understand. They just don't get it.

I've never gotten a "what are you, 5?" type of comment before. A lot of people I know are usually jealous.

My parents just came with us in September. It was their first cruise ever and obviously on Disney. They are NOT Disney people. They took us to WDW when I was 13 years old in August and hated every minute of it. It was their first, last and only Disney experience. My dad came off the cruise raving to anyone about how it "exceeded his expectations" and he would cruise on DCL again without any kids because everything was great. He will not stop talking about the food. "Every night I had the best meal of my life!" lol.

Ha - I just discovered cruising in general last year and am so hooked. While I've never cruised Disney yet, I mentioned to a couple of people that I was going on a cruise and they asked "what are you - 90?" That's for "old" people! :rolleyes:

So I guess you can't win either way.

HA HA -- I get that when I mention that I cruised Holland America and Princess -- that's it's all old people and boring (none of which we experienced).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter