What would you recommend?

BrinxFam

Mouseketeer
We (DH, myself, DD14 & DD6) are going on our second Disney cruise in May 2004. Last time we were on the 3-day this time it will be 4. Our first time in Nassau we visited some of the shops and straw market and then went back to the ship in the early afternoon. What should we do this time? Excursion? Stay on the ship? What do you recommend?

Thanks!
BJ & MIS:wave:

I've done the caribbean queen snorkeling and my whole family liked that. I've heard some people rave about going to Atlantis and checking things out there.

By all means get off the ship and go over to Atlantis. It is a beautiful resort. Click on the DVC Member cruise link below for a look at Atlantis. Very easy to do on your own.

On our 1st cruise we did the Straw market and shops etc. but on our 2nd cruise we stayed onboard while most of the other passengers went to Nassau. We treated it as if it were a day at sea and really enjoyed the ship. It was like having it to ourselves.
The pools were empty and there was plenty of activities to enjoy.
Nassau is OK but once is enough for us. We would recommend staying on the ship that day.

Our first year we went to the Blue Lagoon. It was very nice. This year we went on the Catamaran sail and snorkel. We really enjoyed this. We were back on the ship around 1 or so. We grabbed some lunch and time to go into Nassau (something we didn't have time to do the year before).

Have fun!

I did the tourist thing when we were there for the first time - the second time, we stayed on the ship. Only twice on the Wonder - just gotta have my MAGIC fix!

Rae

This is something I would love to know too! I'm still kicking around the idea of doing the Blue Lagoon excursion, and wondering if it's worth the $$$? :confused:

We were on the 3 day in 1999 and my dh and I went to Atlantis (ds 10 and ds 13 stayed on the ship). They did not have the beach option then, but we went throught the aquarium and thought it was fantastic!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter