What would you never want in your home even with unlimited money?

Carpet in bath or kitchen is yucky. I feel like you can never get it clean enough !
Is putting carpet in the bathroom a thing? Who in their right mind carpets their kitchen? My house is like 200 years old so the whole place is hardwood but just the thought of putting carpet in rooms where there is so much moisture or the chance of dropping liquid/food....just a hard no.

32 cents a day for something you enjoyed for years previously. That's all I'm saying. Perhaps you were just "over it"
No enjoyed it. But Doctor says no hot tubs due to high blood pressure.

But I don't think he claims to have a middle class income though. My wife and I bought both of our kids one year old Ford Taurus' from Hertz. A very generic car no doubt, but I was amused to see an article at the time that the most popular make and model car among millionaires was the Ford Taurus.

Isn't his income from Berkshire $0? Why would they even bother to give him a check? He probably lives off his Social Security checks.

When we put in our addition we put tile in the kitchen and baths, hardwood in the hallway and common room, and carpet in the bedrooms, thinking that would be quieter and warmer in the winter. I regularly shampoo'ed the carpets in the bedrooms and the water always came out black. We finally had enough and pulled the carpet out and replaced with hardwood. Not only was the carpet filthy, so was the foam padding and you could see the traffic patterns on the plywood underlayment.

In my best Edna Mode; NO CARPETS!
Same, I do NOT want carpet in my house. Or even rugs. Hardwood throughout the house except for tile in the bathrooms. We use Gathre mats in the kitchen and bathrooms, and their padded mats for the kids to play on. So much easier to keep clean, especially with little ones potty training and all the messes they make.

Crystal lamps, leather sofas, shiny decorative elements. On the other hand i love having carpet in my house , cause it makes it so much warmer somehow. For the last few months i spend most of my time at home , offering writing services in UK https://ukwritings.com/ and that is very important to keep my house clean and cozy.

Last edited:

Doesn't soaking in 98 degree water lower your blood pressure?
Only is you stay in 10 minutes or less according to the research. But the need for repairs was the primary reason for getting rid of ours. It was nearly 30 years old.

Isn't his income from Berkshire $0? Why would they even bother to give him a check? He probably lives off his Social Security checks.
Who is the person you are speaking of?

EDIT: After brief research, I assume you mean Warren Buffet. Apparently he did take a $50,000 salary, but he made $700+ million in dividends just on his Coca Cola stock so he's not cash poor.

This isn't IN the home but when we moved to Texas from the north, I was shocked by how many houses we looked at that had astroturf lawns. Like, fake grass back yards! We have dogs so every time we saw one, that was the end of the tour. I was not about to be cleaning pee/poop out of a plastic lawn. I'm sure people have them because the summers are so hot here, it's easy for the lawn to die if you don't have sprinklers. Less maintenance.

Who in their right mind carpets their kitchen?
Exactly...so we went on vacation for three weeks to Europe back about 10 years ago and when we came home my landlord had renovated the kitchen and put carpet in.
No idea what he was thinking except he got a bunch of free carpet tiles.
Nothing worse than carpet in the kitchen - the first time you drop an egg its over.
At least it was carpet tiles so I could take them out and wash them, but possibly the worst kitchen remodel idea ever.

Exactly...so we went on vacation for three weeks to Europe back about 10 years ago and when we came home my landlord had renovated the kitchen and put carpet in.
Nothing worse than carpet in the kitchen - the first time you drop an egg its over.
At least it was carpet tiles so I could take them out and wash them, but possibly the worst kitchen remodel idea ever.
Oh no, that's horrible. Why would they do that? Your egg example was on point, not to mention dripping raw poultry or pork blood and then having all of that bacteria that you're walking on? YUCK!

Both houses we've lived in we've had to take carpet out of the bathrooms. Our second house, we had to take carpet out of the kitchen, as well. Gross. So, put in me in the no carpet camp. I'll stick with hardwood, tile and throw rugs.

I just might be in the "no guests" camp, too. ::yes::

This isn't IN the home but when we moved to Texas from the north, I was shocked by how many houses we looked at that had astroturf lawns. Like, fake grass back yards! We have dogs so every time we saw one, that was the end of the tour. I was not about to be cleaning pee/poop out of a plastic lawn. I'm sure people have them because the summers are so hot here, it's easy for the lawn to die if you don't have sprinklers. Less maintenance.
What part of Texas? I'm shocked they even allow grass lawns in areas with frequent drought. That is why people put in fake turf. Why don't they just put in landscaping that doesn't require watering?

My husband is from Scotland. His house had wall to wall carpet in the kitchen. 🤢

I had a house with carpet in the kitchen and bathroom 25 years ago. It was nasty, but we were house poor and couldn't change it--then the house got sold in the divorce. I wouldn't want a hot tub, a pool, carpet in bath/kitchen.

Clearly different people - understatement of the year!

I know you didn't lecture me about smoking. I wasn't referring to you! I was trying to head off the "you shouldn't smoke" crowd. So chill out, ok?

You clearly have never tasted a 5,000$ bottle of scotch. Maybe your soy sauce differs from mine, but I find something cool in displaying bottles of spirits, in what I consider, is an art form .

What makes a rat fancy? It's their fine taste in classical music. LOL Fancy Rat simply refers to a domesticated rat; one that is meant to be kept as a pet.

Not gonna lie, I kinda wanna have a beer with you.
Soy sauce takes up about a third to half a shelf worth of space in my fridge--we're at 11 bottles now, and they're all different. If I could display them, I think I would, but they do better in the cool and the dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter