What would you like to see in the new era?

I love the team, I just think that it's gotten a bit stale for them to be doing this week after week for so long.
I think the revolving door of new people who came and went due to what was going on aggravated this. Hopefully now they can attract some new talent who will stick around.

The "how are we doing" emotional wellness check ins need to stop, as well as any political talk. We are all dealing with stuff, and we are not tuning into the Dis to hear about other people's stuff.
Shorter videos, that are more focused, would be so much better than the hour+ long current format, that is not very informative.
I like hearing about the team's emotions and how they're doing. I'm always a fan of a bit of chatter and it actually does make me more inclined to listen. I am tuning in to hear about people's stuff. Liking hosts is why I tune into certain podcasts and not others.

Politics are a part of their lives and a part of all of ours. I don't trust anyone who tries to pretend otherwise. Hearing where the team stands is always welcome to me.

I would like to see a series like 7-in-7 again. It was important when I was going for the first time in 2018 to see what hotels I wanted to stay at and I know there have been a lot of changes since then. Hopefully get new perspectives from new people too

I can't help but wonder how much of what came across as "burned out on Disney" was really driven by the toxic workplace environment. I'm hoping that all of them can regain that spark of Disney love with a better, safer, happier workplace.

I know from personal experience how my love of the work itself suffered when I was unhappy with the job situation. As soon as I got out of the bad situation, my love of the work quickly returned.
I really think Craig and Ryno will have more enthusiasm now with the less toxicity aspect everyone is expecting going forward. Craig seemed very excited at the Disneyland podcast and alluded to something about being excited of the new era and changes that are ahead- I’m sure that’s not a exact quote as I only listened to the podcast while doing other stuff but I feel that meant everyone is glad about the change in leadership . I think we can expect big improvements in this new direction the podcast shows and the boards are attempting. Hope it is successful and fulfilling for everyone.

I
I like hearing about the team's emotions and how they're doing. I'm always a fan of a bit of chatter and it actually does make me more inclined to listen. I am tuning in to hear about people's stuff. Liking hosts is why I tune into certain podcasts and not others.

Politics are a part of their lives and a part of all of ours. I don't trust anyone who tries to pretend otherwise. Hearing where the team stands is always welcome to me.
I agree!!!! Politics has to go! There is no room for politics on a podcast that is SUPPOSED be dedicated to navigating Disney theme parks and Disney updates...keep politics to your own private discussions please.

I think the revolving door of new people who came and went due to what was going on aggravated this. Hopefully now they can attract some new talent who will stick around.
Yes, and having more direct control over the next chapter should spark engagement. I can see how the content side can lead to fatigue, even without all the chaos.

I hope they take their time and do a commercial assessment of what worked on the show, and what didn’t. What content has higher value, what people want to hear and see. There’s a lot of great ideas on this thread alone.

I think if they made this process transparent, ie podcast discussions, surveys, etc, they’d draw a lot of people in.

I
I agree!!!! Politics has to go! There is no room for politics on a podcast that is SUPPOSED be dedicated to navigating Disney theme parks and Disney updates...keep politics to your own private discussions please.
I think you mean disagree. I'm saying the politics can stay. I want the politics. I want to hear what people think about the politics that will be affecting Disney and the surrounding area.

Also the idea that it should be 'fair' discussions for politics is impossible. Politics are deeply personal and by nature often unfair to someone. I don't want watered down mentions when it comes to people's livlihoods. As a queer person I want to know, most especially, what the queer people on the panel have to say about the politics going on locally.

Also the idea that it should be 'fair' discussions for politics is impossible.
I also don't think that it is required that the discussion be balanced. This is a Disney-centric enterprise not the Associated Press. It is promoting Disney travel and it is absolutely necessary for such an enterprise to side with Disney. It would be odd indeed for a Disney-centric travel agency to host hourlong podcasts where the panelists came out on the side of Disney being wrong. Can you imagine a podcast sponsored by Ford Dealerships of America putting out shows that discussed how awful Ford vehicles are? It would be equally odd for a podcast sponsored by a Disney travel agency to say that Disney is dead wrong here and people should join the boycott to show Disney how they feel. Meanwhile the DUT agents' email boxes turn empty. Why would the DIS do that? There are lots of outlets where people can go if they want to hear the other side of the story. If the DIS podcasts' angle on the Disney stories don't float your boat, sail to a different harbor.

I would say one of the biggest things they are missing is the perspective of non locals. I’m not sure of the best solution for that.
I don't think that there is one. I think that lots of people are saying that they would love to hear from a non-local because they dream of that person being "them". But it's not going to be. And I honestly have no interest in having some rando who goes to WDW once a year come on and brag about their vacation. Not sure what value that would add. One myopic trip to WDW does not unpack enough information to be of value to anyone. Look at all of the other successful WDW podcasts and YT videos. They are all done by locals. AllEars. Mammoth Club. Paging Tom Morrow. Josh (R.I.P.). Even Deni and Panda. All it really requires is a concerted effort to rengage with the parks which the current crew abandoned, coupled with an intentional effort to "tour as a visitor" even though they are locals. It's really not that hard. And the other thing that is lacking is a persistent family perspective. Julie is "special guest star" and not a regular, and she is the only one with kids (older than 10 months.) They need a regular panelist who has three kids, ages 4, 6 and 10. But of course, having three kids ages 4, 6 and 10 may in and of itself make it impossible to be a panelist! :D

I don't think that there is one. I think that lots of people are saying that they would love to hear from a non-local because they dream of that person being "them". But it's not going to be. And I honestly have no interest in having some rando who goes to WDW once a year come on and brag about their vacation. Not sure what value that would add. One myopic trip to WDW does not unpack enough information to be of value to anyone. Look at all of the other successful WDW podcasts and YT videos. They are all done by locals. AllEars. Mammoth Club. Paging Tom Morrow. Josh (R.I.P.). Even Deni and Panda. All it really requires is a concerted effort to rengage with the parks which the current crew abandoned, coupled with an intentional effort to "tour as a visitor" even though they are locals. It's really not that hard. And the other thing that is lacking is a persistent family perspective. Julie is "special guest star" and not a regular, and she is the only one with kids (older than 10 months.) They need a regular panelist who has three kids, ages 4, 6 and 10. But of course, having three kids ages 4, 6 and 10 may in and of itself make it impossible to be a panelist! :D
Absolutely agree. There needs to be more young families represented. One baby amongst the lot of them is not much in the way of perspective.

Absolutely agree. There needs to be more young families represented. One baby amongst the lot of them is not much in the way of perspective.

I agree. It's also odd that, from photos on social media, Craig has taken his son to the parks several times, but he has never talked about his experience there with his baby. Why not? I mean, I understand wanting to keep your baby out of the spotlight, per se, but you can certainly talk about how the experience is different with a baby in tow and talk about how that is. It isn't helpful if the one panelist with an infant never talks about his experience with the child in the parks.

I agree. It's also odd that, from photos on social media, Craig has taken his son to the parks several times, but he has never talked about his experience there with his baby. Why not? I mean, I understand wanting to keep your baby out of the spotlight, per se, but you can certainly talk about how the experience is different with a baby in tow and talk about how that is. It isn't helpful if the one panelist with an infant never talks about his experience with the child in the parks.
Maybe it's because Pete drove the content. They may have also shared the same opinions as Pete per his direction. We may see a shift in that now.

I just listened to the Disneyland podcast - and they honestly acknowledged a bit more than I expected. When people said they didn't mention anything, I assumed it was literally business as usual.

I was surprised to hear Julie talk about how hard things have been lately, as well as Kevin saying that he was weary about the Disneyland event after everything came out.

The great thing is, if it's not something that you want to consume, then you don't have to watch it. Can't appeal to everyone but content has to be where there will be viewers.
That's a nice take...the "keep on scrolling" approach to discourse.

That's a nice take...the "keep on scrolling" approach to discourse.
Political discussions aren't discourse. You may choose to watch Fox News over CNN or vice versa because that channel may lean more towards your views. Same thing. You may disagree with their political takes. Why would you watch something that's not enjoyable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter