What would you like to see in the new era?

Agree with a lot of what's been said already:

1) Content for families (not just young kids, but those traveling with teens, multi-generational, etc)

2) International perspective (UK, Australia/New Zealand, Latin America - heck, get Tracy H. back on as a Canadian. She has so much helpful knowledge)

3) Trip Planning Advice and Tips (less people use a TA every year. No sense denying reality. Capitalize on that trend and you'll boost your Ad revenue and views)

4) Diversity (hearing what an all-white panel has to say about the Splash Mountain refurb. doesn't land well)

I think Craig and Ryno do a great job. I always got a kick of the videos of them doing things in the park together. Erica is a welcome addition and seems to have good energy with them.

I do have a few ideas of content that I'd like to see, but it wouldn't be anything that would be a replacement of the Tuesday show. I agree with some others in that it does need to be overhauled. Most of the news items are things that I've already heard about from other Disney vloggers a day or two before.

I always thought that Disney missed an opportunity when Magical Express was around (plus the in-room channel) to have a light hearted video about the rules at Disney and how to do things. We've all been behind the family that thought they didn't have to fold their stroller up to get on the bus. Or the person who had a cooler filled with loose ice. Stuff like that. While most of us have been there a few times, there are always those guests that are just clueless about how things should be done. I think they could benefit from a few videos of how to visit the parks. I realize that you can't film going through the security checkpoints, but you could "role-play" it to show what not to pack or how to be ready for inspection.

Maybe a series based on the DIS articles about not being "that" person at the parks. I always enjoy reading Zoe Wood's articles (Five People not be articles). They could re-enact some of them in the parks. Sometimes people need to see how their actions affect other guests before the "uh oh, I've done that" light bulb turns on. I'm looking at you "Backpack Guy" and "Children of the Shoulder". These could be done in a fun style based on the those 'how to act' public service films from decades past. I can just see Craig acting as the narrator... "This is Billy. Billy is a Backpack Guy." Meanwhile, Ryno is playing Billy and has slung his backpack in such a way as to almost hit Erica with it. "Uh Oh! Watch out Billy." and so forth.

Another thing that I'd like to see is a day in the parks from the perspective of one of the crew using a scooter and a discussion about what it is really like for them. Keeping your head on a swivel watching out for people walking backwards or kids stepping out in front of you, etc. I understand that there are also irresponsible scooter drivers, but I've literally had a guest sit on me as I was parked because they didn't see me while they were trying to take a picture.

I agree with many of the others that this can be a good time to do things a little differently.

I think it's scorched earth time.
Level it, start over. There's too much taint on all of this. I can't imagine anyone would want their good name and reputations associated with any of this. It's so ugly.
I somewhat agree with this. I get everyone’s trying to assemble their all star teams and process this but what is the value of the Dis now? It’s no secret that Pete was the draw for a lot of people, most of the popular videos have him in it, he’s on the majority of the podcasts, all over Patreon etc. Without all of that content, what is even left?

I somewhat agree with this. I get everyone’s trying to assemble their all star teams and process this but what is the value of the Dis now? It’s no secret that Pete was the draw for a lot of people, most of the popular videos have him in it, he’s on the majority of the podcasts, all over Patreon etc. Without all of that content, what is even left?
Hopeful now that they aren’t going to be under the iron fist of Pete they can take the show in new directions they may have wanted to but were never allowed to.

It will take time to find a new groove for sure and figure out what works, but this gives the remaining team members a new opportunity.

Last edited:

I do have a few ideas of content that I'd like to see, but it wouldn't be anything that would be a replacement of the Tuesday show. I agree with some others in that it does need to be overhauled. Most of the news items are things that I've already heard about from other Disney vloggers a day or two before.
This is a key point about the show and why it can't be a news show and it is an opinion show. They don't "air" it often enough. How many times have we heard news get released on Wed orThurs of Friday and the next show we hear/see is days into the future.

Hopeful that now that they aren’t going to be under the iron fist of Pete they can take the show in new directions they may have wanted to but were never allowed to.

It will take time to find a new groove for sure and figure out what works, but this gives the remaining team members a new opportunity.

I especially like this for Ryno. Let him take a moment to explore what he is passionate about like Mint Juleps!

Now that I said all that, I've given some thought to the content.

00:00Intro
00:10Theme
00:30Welcome
1:00Block AFeature story 1
Feature story 2
11:00Block BResort Review
21:00Block CQS Dining Review
TS Dining Review
36:00Block DParent Ponderings
46:00Block ERide Openings/Closing/Refurbishments/DCL Announcements/ABD Announcements
52:00Block FQ&A
57:00Block GLighthearted story
59:30Close theme
Love the concept, but I would tweak the time allotmenet for the dining reviews. 15 minutes to do a thorough review of two restaurants is simply not enough. Check out how Dan and Leslie do their reviews. (TS, 95% of the time). Their full and excellent reviews average around 14-18 minutes each. And the when the DIS crew reviews a TS restaurant, it also far exceeds the time provided for in the schedule above. That said, I hate the "pass the microphone around" approach as it seems to waste too much time with people saying the same thing over and over again. ("I also tried the Pork and thought it was very good." Ugh!). Dan and Leslie's approach is perfect. Intro at home. Video at the restaurant. Wrap-up at home. The same could be done here. Intro in the studio. Roll the pre-recorded footage at the restaurant. Wrap-up live back in the studio. But that would really allow only one review per show.

I remember when the Dreams Unlimited podcast content was in the main show go back to that as part of every show. I remember the Kart Cam. How about the stroller cam that looks at issues families have in the parks and tips for traveling with multiple age children, special needs. I did like information about the Disney company but enjoyed perspectives of everyone not just one person. I would love the next show talking about the event of this weekend
John, Craig, Corey, please keep up the great content!! I remember some of Ryno’s content and creativeness in the beginning. Allow each of the team to use their gifts to create new content

Just my 10 cents worth

Love the concept, but I would tweak the time allotmenet for the dining reviews. 15 minutes to do a thorough review of two restaurants is simply not enough. Check out how Dan and Leslie do their reviews. (TS, 95% of the time). Their full and excellent reviews average around 14-18 minutes each. And the when the DIS crew reviews a TS restaurant, it also far exceeds the time provided for in the schedule above. That said, I hate the "pass the microphone around" approach as it seems to waste too much time with people saying the same thing over and over again. ("I also tried the Pork and thought it was very good." Ugh!). Dan and Leslie's approach is perfect. Intro at home. Video at the restaurant. Wrap-up at home. The same could be done here. Intro in the studio. Roll the pre-recorded footage at the restaurant. Wrap-up live back in the studio. But that would really allow only one review per show.

Yes, I though 5 min for a dining review wasn't enough. I always thought DFB was a bit odd because they are all about food but don't do food reviews. I figured out why early on. I was also struggling with how do you review 300+ restaurants in a single year. You can't. I also was having a hard time putting dining reviews into the resort piece. What do you do when there's 4 restaurants? And what about the parks? Or Disney Springs? I finally said to myself, "The idea isn't to tell them the sections in the blocks, the idea is to convey the Stack the Show concept and how to structure it." As I said in my post right before that one, they need to get back to basics, the show needs structure, Stacking the Show is one way to achieve that.

Buc-ee's is a scary place. And I thought the crowds at Disney World were insane. EESH! 🤣 It took us well over a half an hour to get out of the parking lot!
We went to one in June and my wife will never walk into another one again. lol
If you went to the one near the Alabama/Florida state line, it’s the worst Bucee’s I’ve ever been to. It takes forever to get in and out of there.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to get across what I’m trying to say, but the entire team has the perspective of a local that is in the Disney bubble all the time. They need to think about what Disney/Universal/DCL etc. is like for people that come once a year or less. Having guests occasionally that don’t live and breathe it 24/7 would be good for the show.

I think the #1 thing I would like to see is: More viewpoints from an outsider, that is a non local. The show mostly showed the views of the locals. It's not the same thing from someone who goes to WDW only once a year or so. I think the locals can become a little "jaded" on some topics and talk about things we nonlocals might not understand.
So, just my 2 cents worth. I feel it would make the show much more interesting to get a travelers viewpoint.

“The Dis” returns to its original mission according to Bob Varley. A group of friends passionate and knowledgeable about traveling to and enjoying Walt Disney World. Aka Ryno’s “The Connors”. Talking about the ins and outs of enjoying a WDW vacation. As Ryno has said, The Dis isn’t a place of regular Vloggers about WDW rather a company that wants to inform travelers that will be coming to WDW. Vloggers in WDW are there to entertain others and enjoy the park themselves. It is also a larger community of people that read the boards, watch the podcast and travel with the team and go to Disunplugged events.
AMEX is owed close to a million dollars. Corporate credit card. Issued to the president of DU. An owner.

An auction or negotiated sale of assets is possible. Think of potental buyers. Disneyfoodblog, internetbrands or whover owns tripadvisor. Possibly an OTA operating DU as a boutique.

Not saying it's going to happen but certainly a possibility

I would also like the ability to pick a podcast show date from the past, play it, and have it auto play the next show, then continue all the way to the most recent show. I can't seem to make that happen anymore?

I always thought they need to hear and chat with people from all different walks of life on there. So many ways to Disney. Hit me up! Easy to find people to jump on Zoom call.

Unfortunately what I want to see is something I can’t. I want the dis to be a more positive environment behind the scenes, what disappoints me the most was that I supported a program with such a toxic work environment. Make this better and the podcast and YouTube videos will become better

I always thought they need to hear and chat with people from all different walks of life on there. So many ways to Disney. Hit me up! Easy to find people to jump on Zoom call.
I have to agree.

This forum has many good points, predominately the majority of people who cordially chat and the wealth of information shared. There is a ‘connection’ between posters but none of this comes across in the podcasts/YouTube.

I dislike the Touring Plans forum, because it is dominated by a couple of extremely irritating Brits, one who completely dominates the forum with his little ‘mean girl’ gang, and another who starts everyday with a moan and groan, but Len Testa is brilliant at connecting with, engaging with and listening to his ‘customers’ and that comes across on the TP vlogs etc. He comes across as a normal, everyday guy.. and I say that as a compliment. There isn’t anything arrogant about him.

I think @WebmasterCorey could learn a lot from @lentesta . They should share a 🍻 or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter