What would you have done?

Feel free to report any of those posts especially the one about my trip in August and the one about my recent cruise or the one about me stating the rules had changed. Those were just over the top mean.
I chose not to cherry pick, funny that you did. 😂

How privileged ...anyone who discounts the severity of Covid, as it still is detrimental, to this day. Anyone who mocks people who test or mask or "think about Covid". You must have all healthy people in your circle, or you just don't give a ****. One of my people, that we have been cautious FOR, died this very morning. It is very raw - that anyone would mock anyone trying to keep their loved ones (or themselves) Covid-free...whatever the reason.

I had a long post typed up, but it isn't worth it. Selfish people gonna selfish.

I’m sorry for your loss. And you’re so right, it isn’t worth it & will never change them.

How privileged ...anyone who discounts the severity of Covid, as it still is detrimental, to this day. Anyone who mocks people who test or mask or "think about Covid". You must have all healthy people in your circle, or you just don't give a ****. One of my people, that we have been cautious FOR, died this very morning. It is very raw - that anyone would mock anyone trying to keep their loved ones (or themselves) Covid-free...whatever the reason.

I had a long post typed up, but it isn't worth it. Selfish people gonna selfish.
:hug:'s MN

If I hung out with someone on Tuesday and learned later on that day/next day that they tested positive for flu, covid, strep, etc. I would consider skipping a party. I would not have symptoms at that point but I still may be contagious and pass it along to others. No, it is not living in fear, or not living my life. I consider it a courtesy to my friends and family by not exposing them to something that I may have picked up from someone.

ETA - when did being considerate of others' become a bad thing?
But, doncha know, "my freedoms" are more important than courtesy. 🤷‍♀️
I’m sorry for your loss. And you’re so right, it isn’t worth it & will never change them.
Thank you. 💜

So sorry for your loss...:sad1::grouphug: Agreed 💯 with you. No one's health is guaranteed. I don't wish harm on anyone, but they won't know until it hits home.

not a medical expert, but have been told my many ( my DD's cardio for example) even asympotmatic or mild it's good to know if it's Covid vs the cold etc.... as with covid even if 100% "recovered" you should still take it easy.. Many think ok I had a mild case it's over,, but with Covid sometimes it can still linger and cause issues..So dont go out and do the heavy workout once you feel great, but to give yourself a week or two after systoms are gone.. to give your heart muscle time to recover.

this is why testing is good, so you know.
This 100%. It’s good to test and know whether it’s Covid or not for your medical history. Even a mild case of Covid can cause lingering after effects (blood clots, heart issues, etc.) and it can be very helpful for your doctor to know if/when you’ve had Covid if new issues crop up in the weeks or months after. A coworker of mine had a relatively mild Covid infection last summer. Like a “cold”. This person is early 40s, healthy, athletic, very physically active, no history of high blood pressure or heart issues. Two months later suddenly had atrial fibrillation and needed to have an ablation procedure. The recent prior Covid infection was very useful information for his cardiologist to have because researchers are starting to see a pattern/correlation with Covid and sudden onset atrial fibrillation.

And along the lines of “testing is good, so you know”, I always err on the side of having more data than not enough data, and not just in terms of Covid. In the future, I hope more things become as easy and cheap to test at home for as Covid currently is. In some countries they have rapid home tests that test RSV, flu A and B, and Covid all in the same test, and I hope something like that becomes available in the U.S. because I’d love to have some tests like that on hand at home. If you’re feeling sick or if you have a known exposure…test for all the things at home to minimize spreading whatever illness you (may) have, and if any of the results are positive, have a telehealth visit to get whatever appropriate prescription called in to a pharmacy that you can hopefully drive through to pick up or have delivered. Plus, knowing which illness is causing your symptoms can guide how long you stay home and isolate based on how long you are likely contagious since RSV, flu, and Covid all have different isolation guidelines.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter