What would you have done?

Maybe go back and re-read the OP. OP was asking advice as to whether they should sit out a friend's B-Day party after hanging out with a co-worker who tested positive the next day. OP WAS NOT SICK.
Yup I read that and I said "make a more cautious choice like the OP". Conflating that with "sit out life experiences" is an extreme. They were talking about a planned hang out with coworkers and opted to be more cautious. It's a pattern of people who discuss things with such an end of the spectrum way. The OP isn't sitting out on life experiences because they got a call the morning of from a close contact and made a different choice. I also spoke much more to your "If you want to get tested" which reads to me like you'd just rather not know so why bother.

Yes, the “echo chamber” as you dismissively referred to it early on I believe - that didn’t age well in light of your complaint that you were only trying to get across your opinion from one side of your mouth while protesting that you were not saying anything nasty or disagreeable from the other side. That’s a toughie …
Now I remember why you were on my ignore list. Can you please tell me what “ nasty” thing I said.

Last edited:
If I hung out with someone on Tuesday and learned later on that day/next day that they tested positive for flu, covid, strep, etc. I would consider skipping a party. I would not have symptoms at that point but I still may be contagious and pass it along to others. No, it is not living in fear, or not living my life. I consider it a courtesy to my friends and family by not exposing them to something that I may have picked up from someone.

ETA - when did being considerate of others' become a bad thing?
The one time I got Covid (pre vax) was by a friend with no symptoms. She had been out to brunch the day before, and shortly after we parted she got a call friend a friend she was with the day before that she had tested positive. This was February 2021. I stayed home until I tested, and was positive.

Now I remember why you were on my ignore list. Can you please tell me what “ nasty” thing I said.
I would consider your passive aggressive statement such as “now I remember why you were on my ignore list” to be nasty, but my standards may be different than yours.

I already provided you with your dismissive approach to other’s opinions by calling anything you don’t agree with an “echo chamber” …

I would continue, but I don’t get the sense that you truly are interested. Maybe, I am wrong?

I would consider your passive aggressive statement such as “now I remember why you were on my ignore list” to be nasty, but my standards may be different than yours.

I already provided you with your dismissive approach to other’s opinions by calling anything you don’t agree with an “echo chamber” …

I would continue, but I don’t get the sense that you truly are interested. Maybe, I am wrong?
I will give credit where credit is due . You are a very good writer and have a very eloquent way of being insulting.

Have a good day John.

In the first years of the pandemic I managed to avoid it, despite even working near COVID patients.

Then weeks ago at my hospital, some coworkers and myself all got COVID at once. Likely thanks to the one coworker who was openly coughing and sneezing without taking any precautions. Suddenly a handful of us called in sick. Mr. Patient Zero was the only one who decided not to wear the work-mandated N95 mask upon return to work like the rest of us (he's a vocal advocate against all COVID precautions).

Even after feeling better, I occasionally have intermittent, residual side effects. It took awhile before I was able to exercise again without feeling like my lungs were heavy weights.
How was he allowed to not follow protocol?

How was he allowed to not follow protocol?

I've no clue. He seems to have this notion that protocol doesn't matter up in our office area, as if viruses are picky about where to infect. On the hospital floor, he may or may not wear a surgical mask (we were at a point were even non-vaccinated staff had to wear one, and in certain areas you have to wear a mask regardless), but up here, never. And an N95 post-Covid? Nope. The guy has broken many rules, but doesn't care. He shouldn't even be working here after lunging at another coworker and losing his position as manager.

If I hung out with someone on Tuesday and learned later on that day/next day that they tested positive for flu, covid, strep, etc. I would consider skipping a party. I would not have symptoms at that point but I still may be contagious and pass it along to others. No, it is not living in fear, or not living my life. I consider it a courtesy to my friends and family by not exposing them to something that I may have picked up from someone.

ETA - when did being considerate of others' become a bad thing?

Being considerate of others is not only being presented as a bad thing, but a weakness, something to be laughed at and belittled.

I have a question, DC. How do you converse with John if he is on your ignore list? :confused3
You can unignore messages from people on your ignore list and then you can quote their post. You don't get notifications if they've reacted to your post or quoted you though.

You can unignore messages from people on your ignore list and then you can quote their post. You don't get notifications if they've reacted to your post or quoted you though.
Yes, I've just learned about how "ignore" works in this thread.....lol. I would call it "ignore light".

I have a question, DC. How do you converse with John if he is on your ignore list? :confused3
There were a few people posting in this thread that were on my ignore list. I don’t always remember why maybe from previous heated threads like this one. I haven’t added a one to my ignore list lately. I had to start unignoring people to follow the thread it was getting confusing and hard to follow.
There are some people that you’re better off not conversing with for a variety of reasons. You were a mod once you should know. It was probably the best advice I got from a moderator.

Not the Covid debates again!

Who does Covid tests anymore? I would have gone without a second thought.

I can’t say I’m surprised that you still do them.

I just got off a cruise with 3000 of my closest friends. I never gave second thought to any sneeze or cough I heard. I can’t imagine living the way some of you do.

You do you.

Or maybe they just like wearing a mask. Some people can’t give it up.

Wow you put a lot of thought into why someone might be wearing a mask. People are free to wear whatever they want to wear. I’m free to think whatever I want to think about what they’re wearing. It’s all good.

It is an anomaly. It's a handful of posters that I call the echo chamber. They are in lockstep on every issue. I hadn't even thought about covid until I read this thread. I spent 4 weeks in Europe this Summer mostly on a cruise ship. I never saw a mask or anyone concerned about anything health related. People have moved on and are enjoying life again... as they should.

It's interesting that Once Upon a Time likes every post. I'm curious what the motivation behind this thread was.

For a long time, Covid discussions weren't allowed on this forum. It seemed a little bit odd.

What's your point? Who called who a name?

I don't see it as part of the rules anymore. It must be a recent change.

I went in August of 2020 it was brutal. That being said it was a great trip. When I look at pictures from that trip I can't believe how empty the parks were.

Maybe time for a new avatar?

How is that extreme? I really had no idea anyone tested anymore. I can't even remember the last time I heard someone bring up Covid. Most people have moved on to worrying about other things like gas prices and inflation.

I guess that means people have moved on. I haven't seen any threads on it. Let's hope this thread is an anomaly. Testing and vaccine requirements for cruising went away about a year ago, and masks longer than that, but it seems like another lifetime. It hasn't been a topic on the cruise forums.

That wasn't what I said at all. I said I don't hear people talking about it or worrying about it. Maybe in your circles, you do. You are certainly entitled to worry about whatever you want to worry about. I also said maybe this thread is an anomaly...nothing more than that.

I traveled and cruised all throughout Covid. I’ve sailed 8 times since the restart. The difference between 2021 am now is night and day. Everything is back to how it was in 2019. The cruise was sold out. I didn’t see one mask on board. People crammed into elevators, busses and bars. I’m not sure whose genius idea it was to have music trivia in pub 687. It was literally standing room only shoulder to shoulder. After a few nights of that they moved it to evolution. Hopefully, the food and service was an anomaly because it wasn’t very good this cruirse.

Have a great time.

Oh please those of us that chose to live normally during Covid took more than our fare share of verbal abuse.

All I’ve said is I’m shocked people still test and worry about it. I don’t expect anyone to conform to my beliefs, but I’m certainly entitled to my opinion. Live how you want to live. I don’t really care.

Yes as do all the regular players around here.

I will give credit where credit is due . You are a very good writer and have a very eloquent way of being insulting.

Have a good day John.

There were a few people posting in this thread that were on my ignore list. I don’t always remember why maybe from previous heated threads like this one. I haven’t added a one to my ignore list lately. I had to start unignoring people to follow the thread it was getting confusing and hard to follow.
There are some people that you’re better off not conversing with for a variety of reasons. You were a mod once you should know. It was probably the best advice I got from a moderator.
Nothing nasty here :rolleyes1

I did know that, SPM (I always smile when I see your name :)), but thought if DC had a person on ignore that he would actually ignore that person. I have several on ignore, and they are ignored. :laughing:

You were a mod once you should know. It was probably the best advice I got from a moderator.
Very true. Ignore is a great feature, right up there, or maybe above, notifications. I gave that advice out at least weekly to people, often repeatedly.

You were a mod once you should know. It was probably the best advice I got from a moderator.
Very true. Ignore is a great feature, right up there, or maybe above, notifications. I gave that advice out at least weekly to people, often repeatedly.

I think it all depends. If I was going to a private party with all the people I hang out with they would have all said, dude, you're coming. Bring a case of bud light.

I did know that, SPM (I always smile when I see your name :)), but thought if DC had a person on ignore that he would actually ignore that person. I have several on ignore, and they are ignored. :laughing:
Trust me I learned my lesson and good advice.

Honestly some of the people on my ignore list I don’t even remember why they are there or if they even post anymore. Most people don’t annoy me even though I disagree with the majority on here on just about every topic.

I try my best to ignore people on my list but sometimes I get curious and check to see what they said. Then I immediately close the message, like yup I can see why you're here in the first place. Back to ignore jail with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter