what would you do?

minniegirl19

Mouseketeer
im an avid Disney goer. I go just about every weekend since I've moved here 3 months ago. I've gone aside from that over 30 times so I know how to work the parks to maximize my time. My friend is coming down Friday. She's 25 and never been. My plan was just to do mk but she wants to see as much as possible because this might be the only time she goes before having kids (she just got engaged so if she visits again we will be on a budget). So what would you do? What are must sees to you for a first time guest. I have a general idea but I wanted other people's opinions too. I wanted to be in mk for FOF but since she wants to see more I'd probably aim to be there by 3 or 4. TIA

a CM is getting her in with a comp ticket so price isn't an issue! I'm thinking of doing studios in the morning and doing rnr tot tsm and star tours. See the march of the first order or the stage show (she's a big fan of Star Wars) and leaving by 11. Then I just can't decide if I want to take her to Epcot or animal kingdom. I'm leaning towards animal kingdom for the lion king show alone but I can't decide what must dos go before the other must dos lol

What I would do is apparently not what you would do, but on such a short timetable, I would skip Hollywood Studios altogether since it's mostly down for refurbishment and I'm not a fan of most of what's open there. If it's only one day then I'd split it between AK and MK or between Epcot and MK.

How far are u from the parks? What is your budget? Would it make sense to book 1 hotel room like at an All Star to get the extra magical hours and then plan your day around that? I also agree that HS should be skipped because a lot of stuff will be down for refurbishment.

a CM is getting her in with a comp ticket so price isn't an issue! I'm thinking of doing studios in the morning and doing rnr tot tsm and star tours. See the march of the first order or the stage show (she's a big fan of Star Wars) and leaving by 11. Then I just can't decide if I want to take her to Epcot or animal kingdom. I'm leaning towards animal kingdom for the lion king show alone but I can't decide what must dos go before the other must dos lol

Not taking a first timer to the MK? Huh? You have to remember that many here go a lot- and have seen and done pretty much everything multiple times. A first timer, on the other hand, should see the MK. That park embodies 'Disney'- and while the others are nice, they aren't the MK. The MK is the foundation of the 'brand'- and many of those attractions (mixed and matched) are found in Disney parks around the globe whether the park name is the Magic Kingdom or Disneyland. If she wants to 'do' Disney- she shouldn't miss the MK.

Last edited:
With only one day, I don't think I would aim for more than 2 parks, and I'd probably do EP, and MK as they are relatively close together. I think I would start at EP in the morning, hit up the biggies in Future World, then a quick tour of World Showcase, possibly lunch there before hopping to MK to finish the day with some rides, and HEA.

Several years ago, my husband and I took an adults only trip to Orlando with another couple. It was a quick weekend trip and we only had one day at Disney World (the other day was spent at Universal).

On our Disney day, we rope dropped DHS and did a few of the big rides. Then we took the boat to Epcot and walked around Workd Showcase. We had lunch and a few drinks, explored the countries, but didn’t do any rides (other than the boat ride in Mexico). Then we took the monorail over to MK and stayed there until the park closed, which was about midnight I think.

We were exhausted, but it was the best day. And the relaxing afternoon in Epcot was enough to get us ready for the evening at MK.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear MK is a must I want to be there by 3pm so we have at least 9 hours. I live on the backside of property (can watch the fireworks from my balcony) so while I've thought about getting a hotel I'm not sure if the money is worth it. But thank you all for your suggestions!

Then rope drop Hollywood studios and get later fast passes for magic kingdom.

Two adults at WDW for one day and your friend may not be back for a while? Heck, I'd do all four parks!!! I would start at AK (perhaps do the Safari and Lion King show), uber to DHS (pick one or two rides), boat or walk over to EP (walk around WS, do one ride) and then spend the rest of the day in MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter