• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do? Trip planned for 05/29-06/02

sadiebug

Mouseketeer
So I was expecting SWGE to open in June when I booked this trip. We are NOT interested in being part of the throngs of crowds trying to experience this new land when it opens on the 31st. I know it says that the new land will be reservation only for the first few weeks that it is open, but I'm afraid it will still negatively impact crowds in DL and CA. Does anyone have an opinion on crowd levels for 05/29 and 05/30? Should I try to rearrange the trip to go the week before? We have a kiddo who is not out of school until 05/23, but I might be able to convince my boyfriend to pull him out the 23rd as long as he doesn't have any testing to do. But then we run into Memorial Day crowds. Unfortunately, our 2 day Disneyland tickets are already bought and paid for or I'd switch the trip to WDW instead. Help!!

I don't have advice, but can totally see where you're coming from. We're going to DL May 7-12 for the same reason. I would try to move earlier if I were you, but that's easier said than done sometimes. Good luck! I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what!

Personally, I would go anyway. Arrive very early each morning so that you don't get caught in terrible security or entrance lines. Avoid the Star Wars area and enjoy your time on the other attractions.

If it were me and I could move my travel dates, I would do that because I wouldn't want to be there on opening day.

Just plan for the worst. Get there early. If you want table service, make reservations right at the 60 day mark. Budget in maxpass, etc.

We are there June 2-8, DVC stay so no moving for us. I’m really excited but scared. We are just going to expect huge crowds and try to enjoy.

We’re in a similar boat. Our Trip is planned for June 6&7th. We have a great rate on our hotel and we cannot reschedule for any earlier, we could postpone to later in the year though that doesn’t seem helpful. As of right now my plan is to continue to watch as more info comes out and see how this whole reservation system plays out. Then make a decision closer to our date.

Jumping into the "you're not alone" boat . . . we are currently scheduled for 5/30 - 6/3 and I'm torn about what to do as we picked these dates to AVOID Galaxy's Edge. Now that it will be open though, is it crazy to move on-site and hope we get a reservation to get into the land? Guessing it will still be packed and do I want to spend 8 hours of my short vacation in line for one ride?? Decisions, decisions . . . the FOMO is real now that it's actually a possibility. I should be better than this lol

Just throwing this out there: Memorial Day Weekend the last two years was pretty good crowd-wise. On the days that the lower APs were blocked, things were good to very good. The Monday is when things got crowded, and the crowds built as the week went on. Check the AP blockout calendar for your proposed new dates to see how many passes are blocked. The more passes blocked, the better. Remember that the current promotional tickets expire 5/23, so that day and the days/weekend before should be busy as people realize they have to use up their tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter