What would you do first?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
If you had to pick the first four attractions you would do at DL (on a Wednesday, of that matters), based on crowds, what would you do 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

What if you threw available fastpasses into the mix?

Thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ

psimon said:
If you had to pick the first four attractions you would do at DL (on a Wednesday, of that matters), based on crowds, what would you do 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

What if you threw available fastpasses into the mix?
I would not do anything with FP, but I would collect FPs. The answer depends on your interest in the FL rides, which are often considered to be kiddie rides, even by us big kids :earboy2:. Rather than giving a specific four, I will give a range based on what one's interest might be:

1. Peter Pan
2. Dumbo
3. Alice in Wonderland
4. Mad Tea Party
5. Mr. Toad
6. Jungle Cruise
7. Star Tours
8. Matterhorn

If you knock out all of these that interest you first, the other good ones will be fast loading (like HM or POTC), have FP, or have low demand (Tiki Room/HISTA).

We just got back from Dl and we were there on a Wednesday the crowds were not to bad. Line for Splash Mountain and Space mountain got up to 70 minute wait!

1. Splash Mountain
2. Peter Pan
3. Dumbo
4. Space Mountain

Peter Pan always had the biggest crowds when we were there - and it has no fastpass, so that's the one I'd be heading straight for (it's a great ride for all ages).

Dumbo has huge queues, but is not worth it unless you have a child under 6 - it's much more interesting to look at than ride!

After Peter Pan I'd be heading for rides like Splash, Space, Indiana etc, and doing a mix of queuing and collectings fastpasses

hrmm....
1. Space Mountain
2. Indiana Jones
3. Space Mountain
4. Buzz (or space mountain)

:teeth:

We had our first day in DL on a Wednesday. We were doing Fantasyland the next day for early entry so with 2 kids, 5 & 8, heres what we did....

1) Got FP for Indiana Jones,
2) Jungle Cruise
3) Pirates of Caribbean
4) Tarzans Tree House (while DH went to get FPs for Splash which ended up being closed)
5) Child Swap On Indiana Jones (5 yo is too short)
6) Me & the kids saw Tiki Birds, while DH rode IJ.

We pretty much walked on all of these rides and this was in August.

I would do space mountain
then space mountain
big thunder mountain railroad
splash mountain :earseek:

I would say that when we were there last week, Peter Pan had lines right off that don't let up and Splash ran out of fast passes very early so if you don't mind a bit of walking

Peter Pan
Space
Splash
Indy

Or if you are a fantasyland type
Peter, Dumbo, Toad
Matterhorn
Space
Splash

Depending on the age of the kids I would do the following:

Older Kids/Teen & Adults:
Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash

Younger Kids:
Peter Pan, Dumbo, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Teacups

I do not like to "run around" to do rids. So I generally do rides in one area and move around the park.

Get FP for space mountain
Ride Buzz
Ride Matterhorn (no FP)
Go Haunted Mansion
Get FP for Indiana Jones

The next FP opening, get another one for Space Mountain... :teeth:

Have fun!

cseca said:
Get FP for space mountain
Ride Buzz
Ride Matterhorn (no FP)
Go Haunted Mansion
Get FP for Indiana Jones

The next FP opening, get another one for Space Mountain... :teeth:

Have fun!

I'm going to be running into cseca a bit...

Get FP for Space
Ride Matterhorn (this starts to back up pretty fast)
Then ride Buzz (first of several rides, but it's usually not too hard to pick up FPs later in the day for later rides)
Haunted Mansion (if during holiday overlay and the FPs are unconnected, I would ride AND pick up a FP for later)
Get FP for Splash next (I'd chose this FP early over Indiana only because it's location and the availability of FPs)

1. I would get a fast pass for Space Mountain (unless the line was short then I would ride it)
2. Peter pan (best fantasyland ride and the most popular so ride it early if you want to ride at all)
2. Ride Buzz (the line for that ride is normally pretty small early in the morning)
3. Ride Matterhorn (line gets really long through the day and theres no fastpass)
4. Head over to ther other side of the park and ride Splash Mountain (another popular ride with shortest lines in the morning)
5. Jungle Cruise
6. Indy (either ride if the line is short or fast pass if the line is longer)
7. Haunted and Pirates both had short lines everytime I tried to go on them in the summer but if it's holiday haunted that you are going to then I would ride haunted early in the morning as well

I know you just said top four I went a little overboard!!

CalGal said:
I'm going to be running into cseca a bit...

Get FP for Space
Ride Matterhorn (this starts to back up pretty fast)
Then ride Buzz (first of several rides, but it's usually not too hard to pick up FPs later in the day for later rides)
Haunted Mansion (if during holiday overlay and the FPs are unconnected, I would ride AND pick up a FP for later)
Get FP for Splash next (I'd chose this FP early over Indiana only because it's location and the availability of FPs)

:wave2: Hi CalGal :wave2:
We have a similar schedule! :rotfl:
I was surprised that Matterhorn doesn't have a FP considering how popular the ride is. And it is a very cool ride. It does get busy real fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter