• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Would You Add to Harry Potter World?

Cheyflan

there's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Hey guys, with all of the rumors surrounding possibly a HP expansion in the future when Universal opens their 4th gate, it got me thinking. What COULD be added to HP World?

We have the two main spaces in which HP takes place so I’m curious to what else they would elaborate on.

I, personally, think it would be cool to elaborate on London a little bit, add the house on Privet Drive. Even then though, I’m not sure if that has cause for an entire new land like Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley. Maybe they could do the Ministry of Magic?Also, I know FJ is “like” you‘re flying on a broomstick, but I’d love to see some ride where it actually feels like similar to how Hagrid’s ride vehicles ARE the motorcycle, but that might be redundant since we have FJ. Another thing is I’d love to see a bar. I know 3 Broomsticks and LC have their little bar spaces, but I would love to see an actual bar where it has the grumpy, drunk wizards working.

Anyways, what would you guys like seen added to the world?

A Ministry of Magic dark ride on the adjacent Fear Factor theater plot has my vote.

It's clear they plan to expand in that direction anyway, as they have giant doors and a service corridor all lined up for it (just to the left of the Hopping Pot).

Oooh yes, I’d love to see a dark ride.

A Ministry of Magic dark ride on the adjacent Fear Factor theater plot has my vote.

It's clear they plan to expand in that direction anyway, as they have giant doors and a service corridor all lined up for it (just to the left of the Hopping Pot).
Similar to submarine voyage at disneyland

a ministry dark ride would be great. they would have loads to play off like the flushing toilets, or the elevator, maybe even how you return through the fireplaces, could do something with the detonators that make an appearance in DH part 1, dolores' office with the creepy cats, etc. nothing too intense but would still be fun.
or any sort of Tri-wizard tournament idea i'm sure would be a hit.
i could walk around the wizarding world for hours (and i do) so honestly adding privet drive, bars, any sort of stores and what not is something that i would absolutely be into to make the expansion still an entirely immersive experience.

when comparing the current HP rides to also what Universal already has we obviously would want something new and different (like Hagrid's is) but i can't think of anything unique...probably why i'm not making millions

I'm sure they'd make any additions unique and amazing. I love what they've done with the Wizarding World so far. I trust them to make it worthy. I'm sure they'll be adding Fantastic Beasts into the equation at the new park.

I would add the Cauldron Cakes they used to have.

Do they not sell them anymore? I had one last year unless you mean different ones.

Edit: Ah I know what you mean now. I thought they still sold those in the counters, I didn't try one so I'm guessing it just looks similar.

Last edited:
I agree with Ministry of Magic going in the land next to Diagon Alley currently occupied by the Fear Factor stage. Its the main Harry Potter addition not realized yet, that could be easily done for a ride.
I'd have it so you enter via the floo network in some manner so the queue line starts in the hallway with all hte fireplaces and into the atrium with the fountain. Then could go by some of the offices like Arthur's and Umbridge's. The ride would be a trackless dark ride similar to Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Dinseyland and have you going through the Department of Mysteries in the different rooms. Could be just a fun ride seeing all of the unique and weird stuff there or make it more intense and have you joining Harry and the DA to rescue Sirius an have it take place during the fight with the Death Eaters.

A walk through ministry of magic where you literally are Harry and the gang fighting for the prophecy, complete with realistic-feeling wands (unlike the resin ones they sell) that “cast” spells- if you are a wizard/witch and have been studying hard :p

That would probably be too low capacity and hard to pull off, so a dark ride version would be awesome. Entering through the phone booth would be amazing. A 4th park could do something from Fantastic Beasts though. Have the streets of old New York with some sort of attraction in MACUSA, have the speakeasy bar, and maybe there will be a restaurant in one of the future films, or even an American version of Diagon Alley.

I'm sure they'd make any additions unique and amazing. I love what they've done with the Wizarding World so far. I trust them to make it worthy. I'm sure they'll be adding Fantastic Beasts into the equation at the new park.

Do they not sell them anymore? I had one last year unless you mean different ones.

Edit: Ah I know what you mean now. I thought they still sold those in the counters, I didn't try one so I'm guessing it just looks similar.

The old one was made of delicious, moist chocolate cake with a cream filling, chocolate ganache icing, and a molded chocolate handle.

The new one is made of black rubber. ;)

I should have tempered my comments about a Ministry of Magic attraction being the obvious choice for going next door to Diagon Alley and replacing Fear Factor by saying that latest rumors I've heard are that MoM has allegedly been chosen to be the Potter contribution to the 3rd Universal park ("Fantastic Worlds") currently in development in Orlando.

The original assumption was that "Fantastic Beasts" would go into Fantastic Worlds, but I'm guessing the tepid reaction to the films has made Universal balk and want to go with a sure thing in the new park. Which would really be a shame as MoM should be in London, and the set-up for it to go in where Fear Factor is and not end up there would be a terrible missed opportunity.

I should have tempered my comments about a Ministry of Magic attraction being the obvious choice for going next door to Diagon Alley and replacing Fear Factor by saying that latest rumors I've heard are that MoM has allegedly been chosen to be the Potter contribution to the 3rd Universal park ("Fantastic Worlds") currently in development in Orlando.

The original assumption was that "Fantastic Beasts" would go into Fantastic Worlds, but I'm guessing the tepid reaction to the films has made Universal balk and want to go with a sure thing in the new park. Which would really be a shame as MoM should be in London, and the set-up for it to go in where Fear Factor is and not end up there would be a terrible missed opportunity.

That would be a disappointment, as I've been wanting FF to disapparate (*ba dum tss*) for quite sometime now and MoM makes the most sense, especially with the telephone booth being there is such a tease. I am honestly surprised they still haven't done anything in relation to the Ministry considering it's such an iconic place and bridge for the wizarding world. Ages prior to Hagrid's coaster existing I thought if they did anything else next, they'd get rid of FF first and replace with with an MoM attraction (especially since once again, that telephone booth), but alas, nope.

I have to say, if they took the same care into making an attraction as much as everything else we've seen so far, Universal would definitely have a lot of work to do as making the lobby alone would be quite elaborate and a stunning site to see.

Last edited:
The old one was made of delicious, moist chocolate cake with a cream filling, chocolate ganache icing, and a molded chocolate handle.

The new one is made of black rubber. ;)

Exactly. The old one was one of the best chocolate desserts I’ve ever had- and the price was reasonable. Now it’s double the price for a lame standard chocolate cupcake that is in no way magical. Cauldron cakes aren’t described in the books but I imagine them as cauldron shaped, not in a cauldron. What would witches and wizards do with a tiny, impractical cauldron every time they enjoy the cake? Most would probably end up vanished, which is just a waste.

How about Harry Potter movie props and a Harry Potter Museum right up the fake steps/stoop below the breathing dragon. How about a wand factory with a wand factory tour. How about a horcrux scavenger hunt throughout both Harry Potter lands similar to Pokemon go.

Please I hope they get rid of the fast and furious ride too!

I wish, but unfortunately they spent a lot of "doh-re-mi" on FaF so I doubt it'll go anywhere anytime soon. I don't know how popular it is within the parks (it seems generally hated on here), but it'd have to be drastically disliked for the ride to switch shifts (pun intended) and be generated into something else.

Also, even if they changed it to the Knight Bus, they'd have change the attraction how it works as a whole for me to personally like it, because while I never been on FaF I've heard it's a copy of the CA one and I've seen video of the CA one ages ago, was not impressed, and if it's all just screen work, they're going to have to do a lot more than that for me to be amused.

When I get my AP I'm going to at least go on it once that way I can officially have the right to not like it like everyone else, since technically I can't really judge since I never been on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter