what would you add/remove from your street?

Fire hydrants. We live past the city line and have volunteer fire departments

I wish we had someone to dispose of the animals that get hit. Lots of deer get hit out here and we pretty much have to take care of it ourselves otherwise we get to enjoy the smell of rotting meat till it's gone. I live way out in the middle of nowhere and there isn't much auto traffic out here, so the deer are pretty much not worried about getting hit because they don't seem to be too concerned about horse and buggies. An unexpected automobile pretty much does them in.

The boat that has been parked across the street for about 3 years. It has never been used. It doesn't move. It just sits there taking up valuable parking space on the street.

I'd also like the car that has been parked in front of my house for about 6 months to be gone as well.

About 3 years ago they changed out all the street lights to LEDs. I swapped out all my light bulbs in my house to LED, but they just don't work for street lights. They only put out about a quarter the amount of light as the old lights, and it is an odd color, not white light. The street lights have 4 hours between them, and they alternate sides. The old ones produced enough light to light up the street in front of all 4 houses between them, the new ones leave the middle two dark now.

A neighbor across the street has obnoxiously bright lights on his garage which he leaves on at all night hours.

Odd thing, but every house around us is owned by single, divorced men. So we have an odd street, without a lot of women around! The guys are very nice, but it's just not the same without some ladies to chat with!

A neighbor across the street has obnoxiously bright lights on his garage which he leaves on at all night hours.
Yeah, my neighbor across the street, and also across the street and down one put in super bright LED motion security lights that come on when anyone walks or drives by, in large part because the LED street lights don't light up the fronts of their houses anymore. A little annoying when we walk by or drive out of our driveway, but our window coverings block all the light from shining into my house.

The neighbor 2 doors down from me that can't seem to stop doing drug deals even though he's been arrested over a dozen times for it.

A well stocked supermarket, superette or bodega would be nice on the street. I lived in Manhattan for so long that I’m not used to these 100% residential areas.

Sidewalks. It's a main road heading out of town with a lot of truck traffic so I don't think the planners thought people would be walking. But there are two neighborhoods where they are building new houses and we are only 3/4mi from the little downtown so I see people walking past my house several times a day. We have walked as well, but have to stay on the grass instead of the shoulder because it's dangerous.

I would add a neighborhood pool like they seem to have a lot in the south but rarely up north. With a swim-up pool bar. And a hot tub of course. Maybe even a water slide. Love my neighborhood so I wouldn't remove anything.

I'd get rid of the 2 new apartment complexes going up next door and across the street. So much for the pretty trees and fields around me. :sad:

Driveways on my side of the street, they’re in the back, I’d rather have a bigger backyard. There is so much on street parking (right now there are zero cars I can see and lots are only 60 feet wide) so parking isn’t an issue. Plenty of sidewalks and no on street overnight parking so most just use their driveways most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter