What would be your prefect/dream dining reservations & quick serve for 5 days(or really any days)

If it was "DREAM" than Club 33 or 21 Royal with 11 of my best Disney friends:

Reality Dream dinner reservations would be Napa Rose Dinner

Hungry Bear best seating in Disney/food is decent

Ronto Wrap: will always be on my list!

Pacific Warf

Plaza Inn

Pym's Test Kitchen

Can't go wrong with any of the above suggestions! A few of our family fav's are:

1. Flo's - we find the prices and food to be good and love getting a table outside and watch RSR ride go by. The cobb salad is large and filling and only $11.99, club sandwich is also good. Kids love the milkshakes with oreo "road gravel" on top.

2. Pim's - We love the pretzel with beer cheese (tip...order 2 or more extra sides of cheese...it's delicious!!) The tater tots are really good as well as the banana smoothie. My favorite treat is the "choco-smash" candy bar/dessert they have there. I bring a gallon ziplock baggie and bring it back to the hotel for later (and last trip I got one our last day and ate it the next two days at home......sooooooo goood!!!) Just pack those ziplocks!!

3. We were pleasantly surprised with Wine Country Tratoria last trip. It was our first time there and the food and service were really good! Also they usually have reservations still available longer than other places so might be a good place to try. Rib Eye was terrific!

4. Ronto Roasters - yummmm! Last time we ended up there right as breakfast was ending and lunch was beginning and were able to get a breakfast wrap as well as the lunch one so that was super cool to be able to share and try them both (which both are delicious). The rest of the fam went to Docking bay and they have a great AC seating area as well as good food. The kids meal yip tip (chicken, mac/cheese, veggies) is large enough for an adult and really good.

5. Cafe Orleans - We miss the Pommes Frites side and the Mickey Beignets with vanilla bean sauce that used to be on the menu there, but we always go and get the Monte Cristo and Gumbo (which I get two cups of for just me!!) They also have free refillable mint julips!

6. Fantasyland Fruit Cart - Frozen Apple Juice (my fav mid-day refreshment) soooooo good!!! It's to the left of Casey Jurinor and across the walkway near Red Rose Taverne.

7. GCH Craftsman Grill - Good food here and usually not busy. It's almost the same menu as GCH Craftsman Bar, but no ressies needed and more laid back. The nachos are huge, yummy and sharable. The quesadilla is good as well. It's sort of easy to miss but it is just to the left down the sidewalk as you come in from leaving GCH DCA entrance.

I'm getting hungry now that I've jarred my memories of all these good places...lol! Enjoy!

YES!!! That is actually what I was planning on doing :) I am hoping to get the 1st appointment if possible at BBB and then hitting up the Princess Breakfast right after
Hello! Did this work out for you - doing the princess makeover and then princess breakfast back-to-back? I want to do the same but am wondering if it's a good or bad idea.

Tiana's place i give a 4/10 the food was not good. The gumbo tasted like a bowl of KFC gravy. Shrimp and grit was just meh also. I dont see the current menu lasting very long.

Ooh I love food. Haha.

Goofy's Kitchen for dinner, it's tradition for us.
Plaza Inn for breakfast, also tradition and I love the bananas foster sauce so much.
Cafe Orleans is one of my faves along with Carnation Cafe sometimes. Carnation Cafe is a bit sentimental but I don't love the food with the exception of baked potato soup. For me it's about the ambiance.

I love Black Tap, we are there twice on our last trip. Love, love, love the birria tacos at Cocina Cucamonga.

One thing I'm a bit sad about is the princess breakfast. Unfortunately my girl grew out of her princess phase and she isn't interested anymore. I wanted to do that one pretty bad but the price tag puts me off now that she isn't into the princesses. We'd just be paying for the food.

Daydream dining:

Day 1.
Jolly Holiday breakfast
Rancho Del Zocalo
Oga's snack
Goofy's kitchen dinner

Day 2.
Plaza Inn breakfast with Minnie
Corn dog from little red wagon
Blue Milk from Galaxy's Edge milk stand
Club 33 dinner

Day 3.
Red Rose Tavern breakfast
Hungry Bear lunch
Dole Whip
Blue Bayou dinner

Day 4.
Lamplight Lounge Brunch
Pym's lunch
Trader Sam's snack
WOC dessert party

Day 5.
Storyteller's breakfast
Carnation cafe lunch
Lucky Fortune cookery dumplings snack
River Belle Terrace Fantasmic dinner

Random cookies, churros or cupcakes on any given day.

This would never happen, and I'd never be able to eat it all, but it's fun to think about :)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Smokejumpers in DCA yet - we like to go there for burgers, fries, and a beer for dinner. I'll also hop on the Lamplight Lounge Brunch bandwagon - we did it for the first time last year, and it was my favorite sit-down meal we've had. We also had good luck with the quick service offerings in San Fransoyko (Pacific Warf). In general, we find the food in DCA to be better, but maybe we've just had bad luck in DL.

Princess Breakfast is pricey but the food is amazing! Lamplight is also a must, but their kids menu is limited, and a bit different. We typically bring in food from flo's for the kids and we order off the menu. Our kids also love Goofys. Corn Dog Castle beats Red Wagon for corndogs, they're much better! WOC desert is great for seating and view. You'll have a lots of leftovers to take back to your room.

Ok, so I will probably get a lot of flack for this….but with the exception of magic key terrace and Carthay Circle restaurant, we are kind of over table service in the parks. We used to love lamplight lounge. But, our last three times dining there were not great. It’s hard to spend that much for a family of 4 and not have great experience. I’m talking food and service. Plus, they haven’t really added a whole lot to the menu or changed anything in awhile.

We always usually eat at Naples during our trips.

For other eats, we really like rancho del zocalo, Bengal bbq, jolly holiday, Golden Horseshoe (usually for an ice cream treat), all the restaurants in the San fransokyo area, beignets at jazz kitchen, and Earl of sandwich.

Every time I visit, my two MUSTS that I need to eat at while I'm there are Blue Bayou and the Plaza Inn. While Blue Bayou is a more expensive dining experience, it's unique in that it's inside Pirates and has amazing atmosphere. I personally loved the Prime Rib last time I ate there, and their gumbo is always a hit. The Plaza Inn probably has the best fried chicken in the parks, and has amazing portions for the price. I personally love their pot roast and they have great salad options too.
And I can't forget Rancho Del Zocalo either! They're menu has changed a lot in recent years compared to the last decade or so, but I've never had a bad meal there.

Two thoughts:

1. Story tellers buffet at grand Californian Hotel gets you a lot of characters to see. For a 5 year old, it's amazing. It can also be done the morning of your flight out since you don't need a park ticket to get to it. A real bonus when a lot of people hit downtown Disney anyway at that time. I wouldn't do it on a park day because mornings are for rope drops and rides!

2. Please don't crucify me for going against the heart of the post, but don't do so many reservations. For a family that's park hopping, line waiting, sitting to get your family portrait drawn, lightning lane return times etc, it sucks to worry about making that reservation. Especially with so many quick service and app choices that are amazing.

Let alone if your 5 yo needs a break at the hotel with a reservation that's an hour out which you might make but ugghh.

I would do a reservation every other day. Something like this:

Day 0: fly in. Goofy's kitchen. Lots of characters. Gets you in the mood. Rest up for rope drop.

Day 1: DL. Rope drop new attractions. corn dog from red wagon. Pretzels. The classics really plus that new cheesy bread thing (wow that was good). Be loosey goosey. The 5 year old only eats PBJs anyway. Enjoy the park and let the family just explore.

Day 2. DL. Rope Drop the center classic rides. Reservation of Blue Bayou at open. Asking for a waterside table. Get a light up drink cube for the kiddo.

Day 3. DCA There are probably food trucks around for some event. But if you rope drop, you'll find you can do most of the park in a day unless your 5 year old goes to redwood Creek challenge trail and then you'll spend half your morning watching your kiddo burn through all their energy happily climbing (with you climbing after them) and you know they'll need time to cool off! TONS of amazing quick service options at San Frantokyo.

Day 4. DL. You'll have new favorites that you'll want a second bite at (red wagon corn dog) so the family will just be bouncing between rides or hitting everything they didn't get to. If you were to do the Disney princess thing, I'd put it here.

Day 5. DCA Reservation for Lamp Light Lounge. It's amazing. Do it for the evening after your kids rest break (so 4ish?) By now you're probably getting your fill of Disney and looking at the cheque a little harder. Cozy cone or Flos for lunch.

Day 0.2: Do the early morning Story Tellers at the Grand Californian Hotel. Get the last few pictures of your kid with Mickey. Stop by their gift shop one more time. Go to airport. Start planning the next trip.

You can do so much with food without reservations. Also for mobile order, if you're running late you can push back the pick up window.

Also be very careful about "reserved seating for parades". You don't actually get a seat! And with multiple days the chances of you running into a parade are very high. I snagged a couple reservations but decided against it and cancelled. No regrets!

It's a double hit of having a reservation (boo!) and being at a spot early enough to get a good view/curb (yes even for reserved "seating"). That's a lot of time to be waiting for a parade you probably saw 2 days ago .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter