What were your favorite Super Bowl Ads?

I liked a lot of the commercials, but I was sad that once again, there was no Budweiser Clydesdale commercial
Is there no Clydesdale ads because of sensitivity to the horses?

I saw an article some years ago that Budweiser had to give up those Clydesdale commercials as they are such a special breed and it takes so long to find photo-worthy ones and then train them to ride together in formation like that. AND they need to train extras, to swap out, if the ones that usually ride together need to be substituted on the day(s) of filming. It took months of training. It was all too arduous of a process.

Groundhog Day commercial for Jeep was awesome by far the best and never to be bested because how likely are you to have a movie about a given day that the games takes place on to draw from. This was a creative home run just to think of the concept and get all the key actors from the film together and then tie to the product? The ad agency should be very proud.

Did also enjoy the Google ad with memories and the P&G ad was cute.

I saw an article some years ago that Budweiser had to give up those Clydesdale commercials as they are such a special breed and it takes so long to find photo-worthy ones and then train them to ride together in formation like that. AND they need to train extras, to swap out, if the ones that usually ride together need to be substituted on the day(s) of filming. It took months of training. It was all too arduous of a process.

Thanks Imzadi, I hadn't heard that, but I guess it makes sense. Just makes me sad, I always loved looking forward to their commercials using them! :(

Thank you for this info.

Thanks Imzadi, I hadn't heard that, but I guess it makes sense. Just makes me sad, I always loved looking forward to their commercials using them! :(

Yes, those commercials were wonderfully iconic. :cloud9:

Um, twice in 58 years? Also, twice in seven years :).
Not sure that is right, because the other varible is not only when Groundhog Day is on a Sunday. The NFL also has to place the Super Bowl on that day, and if you can predict if that would ever happen again them you better start picking lottery numbers because you have some super powers.

Not sure that is right, because the other varible is not only when Groundhog Day is on a Sunday.
2014 and 2020 (so twice in seven years) :) and I had found a site with the next few dates, through 2024/Super Bowl LVIII (so also twice in the 58 previous and scheduled games).

Probably it was an original concept this year, but maybe somebody came up with idea in 2014, but too late to implement it.

Not sure that is right, because the other varible is not only when Groundhog Day is on a Sunday. The NFL also has to place the Super Bowl on that day, and if you can predict if that would ever happen again them you better start picking lottery numbers because you have some super powers.

Super Bowl 48 (XLVIII) was February 2, 2014

They have the next four Super Bowls already scheduled out. And the first Sunday in February has become a standard day for Super Bowls now, so it would be pretty likely in the future as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter