• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What were the big hit presents this year?

Rose Gold Minnie Ears ;) DD15 and I went to WDW in October and they were nowhere to be found. They happened to show up on the Disney Shop Parks app a few weeks ago and I grabbed two pairs (one for her and one for me). She was thrilled! All she wanted was loads of makeup and bath bombs, so that's about all she got. I got a stroller for my little dog!

ODS: Hard call - 13 years old, didn't give any indication to anything. So, he got a lot of gift cards. Plus, he was caught snooping on gifts, so the ones he saw, his brother got. I would say Madden 18 was probably his favorite...or the Footlocker gift cards. He is a shoe *****.

YDS: No doubt, the Fournette jersey he got. He has been begging for one ever since we vacationed in Jacksonville last month.

I forgot to mention that I got my dh a Lego set of the Taj Mahal. It’s insanely huge and putting it together has taken over the dining room table. He’s from India and one of his prized possessions is a photo of him and his (now dead) brother in front of the Taj during a family vacation. We still haven’t taken the kids to India yet but I want to take them in a few years and recreate that photo.

I got a fondue set, some limited time only Graze snacks I loved, some candleholders that look like branches and babysitting IOUs.

The big hits:
DS20 is most excited about his counter top ice cube maker for his dorm room! He always complained about the lack of ice. He went out and bought old fashioned trays, but it takes 24 hours for his dorm fridge to freeze the water into ice. Now he can have ice in 7 minutes. He's thinking all his fraternity brothers are going to be jealous!

DD18 loves the Miracurl hair curler I got her. That thing is absolute magic! She also loves her new electric toothbrush (she asked for it), and the Virginia Tech Hokie bracelet we got her.

DH loves his Sony Bluetooth speaker.
I got one of those icemakers for my office last year, love it, they work great

My DGD wanted this ice cream truck toy. It's about the size of a dorm fridge and has 128 little plastic pieces of ice cream, cones, scoops, toppings, etc. I didn't think it was all that great but her Barbies (including an Ariel Barbie) have been gorging on ice cream treats since yesterday morning. Some of the Barbies stop by in a sports car, others arrive on horseback. Who knew Barbie was such an ice cream chow hound?

The popular adult gifts were the copper cookware. Grandson was his cell phone just like dads, he is 11. Granddaughter loved her huge stuffed unicorn. It’s bigger than she is.

Mine was the fact that everyone was home. DS is moving to Florida next month, Dd graduates from college in April and expects to move and oldest DS started a new job and expects to have to move after training. This may be our last Christmas all together.

Florida Ultimate Speedway! Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned (or maybe I missed it). It's really fun for all 3 kids and DH!

Dd turned 16 on the 17th. So we gave her Nintendo Switch to her then, so she could enjoy it longer while on break.

Ds18 only had $, dorm snacks and an athletic jacket on his list. We had to guess and fill in the blanks. He got a jersey from his favorite pro soccer team. That was a hit. And some athletic pants. And Fifa18 for the xbox.

Ds20 had an Xbox 1 on his list. We splurged for the x. He was shocked! Hit!

Ds23 got $ for a new suit he needs for work. On the 23rd, he and his new wife decided to stay over night Christmas Eve. It occured to me that night that I had left nothing out for their stockings. So dh and I went out the morning of the 24th and bought 2 Christmas ornaments each, Christmas hand and kitchen towels, a Christmas salt and pepper shaker set and lip balm for them. He loved it!

Ddil loved the Wise Men for her Willow Tree Nativity set that she had just the Holy Family for and her stocking.

Dh loves his dodger jersey and t Shirt.

Ds and his wife had my grandmother's signature engraved in an ornament. That was pretty special. The other 3 gave me pink Himalayan salt - which tickled me because when my sea salt runs out the Himalayan is what I was buying next. And fuzzy house socks. I hate cold feet and am known for giving others fun socks. They did well!

Best gift of all was having all of us here Christmas morning. That change of plans was a big, welcome surprise as I thought last year would be our last since d' got married in August.

Dd turned 16 on the 17th. So we gave her Nintendo Switch to her then, so she could enjoy it longer while on break.

Ds18 only had $, dorm snacks and an athletic jacket on his list. We had to guess and fill in the blanks. He got a jersey from his favorite pro soccer team. That was a hit. And some athletic pants. And Fifa18 for the xbox.

Ds20 had an Xbox 1 on his list. We splurged for the x. He was shocked! Hit!

Ds23 got $ for a new suit he needs for work. On the 23rd, he and his new wife decided to stay over night Christmas Eve. It occured to me that night that I had left nothing out for their stockings. So dh and I went out the morning of the 24th and bought 2 Christmas ornaments each, Christmas hand and kitchen towels, a Christmas salt and pepper shaker set and lip balm for them. He loved it!

Ddil loved the Wise Men for her Willow Tree Nativity set that she had just the Holy Family for and her stocking.

Dh loves his dodger jersey and t Shirt.

Ds and his wife had my grandmother's signature engraved in an ornament. That was pretty special. The other 3 gave me pink Himalayan salt - which tickled me because when my sea salt runs out the Himalayan is what I was buying next. And fuzzy house socks. I hate cold feet and am known for giving others fun socks. They did well!

Best gift of all was having all of us here Christmas morning. That change of plans was a big, welcome surprise as I thought last year would be our last since d' got married in August.

Can you share where they had that made?

DD really loved her new Vitamix blender. She screamed in deafening delight when she unwrapped it, and I reveled in the spontaneous hugs and kisses she gave me throughout the day. She has heavily used and broken two cheaper brand blenders already, just by concocting her vegan smoothies. This Vitamix had better live up to its name.

Whole family- PlayStation VR thingy. Pretty much every house in DH's family got one and we are having a ball sharing the videos with one another. The cousin who was convinced her brother was moving her chair, the aunt screaming her head off... Hilarious!

DD- Art supplies(we got her some good quality sketching stuff and instruction books)

DS- Toss up between the Ipad and the Dr. Dreadful crap :rotfl:

In my house, it was the plush Porg that we got my 8 year old DS. When he saw trailers to Star Wars, they seemed to capture his attention. And then at the beginning of the month, he was drawn to any toys of them, including Pops (which he does not like). So when we were at the Disney store, we picked one up. Not only does the new plush go to bed with him (which is amazing in itself, for years, only his teddy bear went to bed), but when he crawls into my bed in the middle of the night, it comes with him (which the teddy bear never did).

DS1's favorites: Fossil watch, some stabilizer thing for his camera, Marmot sweater.
DS2's favorites: Gallium, mortar and pestle and salt box container, Steam gift card
DH: ? Seemed to really like the tie I got him.
Me: My edelweiss charm and music box.

We had our Christmas with the grandkids on the 14th as they spent Christmas day in DL.
GS paw patrol truck
GD Disney leggings she got (she got quite a few as she loves them)
oldest GS well, he's going to be 13 he got A LOT of Disney gift cards because that's what he told everyone he wanted It was a downer for him so his mom traded out $100 in cash for him to go buy what he wanted when he gets back.

Our best present was my oldest daughter got to come to my youngest daughter's house for Christmas on the para transit. Really want to thank those guys for working on the holiday. My BIL and nephew who hasn't been to a family function since my sister passed in 09 came this year.

Can you share where they had that made?

It came in a nice plain black box unmarked and meant for the ornament. Dil said she found it on Etsy and had them done for me and ones for her parents with their parent's signatures.

It looks like the ones on FoxForest handmade site. Clear, glass, very pretty.

Last edited:
DD13: A pair of Adidas sneakers. (She has never been "label conscious." This is the first brand-name clothing item she's asked for. I kind of love that she's not caught up on labels, so I kind of hope this isn't a permanent change, but she loved them.)

DS17: Gift cards for apple music, and a "natural light" alarm clock. It's an alarm clock that starts slowly emitting light 30 minutes before the alarm goes off to simulate a sunrise. (He asked for it.)

DS14: Toss up between his Steam gift cards and a huge Lego set (Assembly Square). He loves collecting the Expert pieces for this Lego town, but doesn't really enjoy putting them together. But I think it will take all three of us (DS, DD and me) to complete this one, so it should be a fun project.

DD19: A red and black plaid pea coat and a bunch of Pusheen items.

DH: A Club 33 challenge coin that he was eyeing while we were there and I was able to sneak away and buy it while the kids distracted him.
Although my favorite present for him was a t-shirt that says "Husky Dad - this is how I roll" with a picture of a lint roller on it. I wrapped it with a new lint roller/replacements. LOL - our Siberian Husky sheds so much that we go through so many lint rollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter