What week in August would you go ? Got a PIN !!

pandora174

DIS Veteran
We got our AP's recently & we have been enjoying the parks lately ALOT. My family thinks we're nuts but the best vacations we've had as a family have been these last 2 at Disney.

We went for 3 nights in March & stayed at CBR. Over Spring Break last week we went for 3 days & stayed offsite. We had planned to go for a few days over the Summer & then not go back until my vacation for New Year's Eve.

So I got a pin from Disney :cool1: My first ever & we are really excited. The pin is for stays 5/31 - 8/14. I need to save for this next trip so I was thinking of the first week in August.

I know it's going to be hot & crowded but we've been at 2 of the busiest times & still had a wonderful time & with some planning we've been able to ride everything pixiedust: The only ride we haven't had a chance to do is TT.

So any experience with August trips to Disney ? We are looking to stay at the AS Music since the code is for $69 & that seems like too good to pass up. Most meals will be at the food court or snacks so I'm trying to keep the budget tight. Our trip to CBR we splurged on table restaurants but to be honest the food was ok & on the pricey side.

DS (9) is happy with a pizza which he eats for both meals & some snacks. DH is a hamburger kind of guy & since I am on a low carb diet a salad or peice of chicken/fish & I am happy :banana:

I am rambling but I really didn't think we were going to stay onsite but with this code I am really excited. Haven't stayed at the All Stars yet so any suggestions about the resort, parks, strategies for the crowds are appreciated :wizard:

What a nice surprise for you! We liked ASMu but honestly did like ASMo a little better since it had more Disney icons up vs. instruments. Pop is our fave value though. But resort picking is so preference based go with what appeals to your family! And if that's the only one offering the deal definitely do it! It is a nice resort.

We went to Disney mid- August awhile back and my only suggestion is to plan pool breaks if you can! It was hot! Lines were pretty short though second week in. I might suggest that if you can swing it. Easywdw.com is a free site for park touring that may be helpful avoiding some crowds. I used it last trip and it worked well. have fun!

Are you morning people or evening people? While many,many recommend going to the parks for rope drop, doing as much as possible before noon, then leaving at lunch time and returning after dinner, we cannot do that. We HATE getting up in the morning while on vacation! We are evening people... we are the folks walking through MK at 2am (VERY cool to be the only people walking from haunted mansion to splash mountain!). We LOVE being in the parks at night, staying as late as humanly possible. Obviously, this doesn't work with going to rope drop! We sleep in, have a very light breakfast, and head to the parks around 11am. We ride/tour until about 4pm, staying out of the sun (walk through the gift shops? as much as possible, then have our big meal of the day, taking advantage of and hour-long sit-down in air conditioning. We are then ready to go the rest of the night.

Admittedly it takes a little juggling, depending on the park hours, and obviously NOT everyone's cup of tea (I have two friends who think we are NUTS) but it works for us.

buy some of those misting fans....we got two big ones at Rite Aid on clearance last year for $5 and they really made a difference!!!!

We've been in August and September....had a great time both times!!!:thumbsup2

Have fun!!!

We almost always visit WDW during the hottest months because that's just what works for our family schedule-wise. I think the most important thing to bring is the correct mind set. We know it's going to be stinkin' hot and we tour accordingly. Early afternoon breaks are a must. The tips available on the boards as well as a good attitude have always made our trips MAGIC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter