What? We’re getting to go AGAIN!?!? - New Years dancing at Disney and Universal...

After dinner all the kids went on The Incredible Hulk Coaster while the adults went on The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man.

img_7144.jpg

And after that we all decided to head back to the hotel to swim...

img_7145.jpg

img_7146.jpg

We had enough time at the boat dock to take these...

img_7147.jpg

Liz, Nina, Skye, Francesca, Ava, and Desiree...

img_7148.jpg

And within minutes we were on our way...

img_7149.jpg

Here's Skye's key ring...

img_7150.jpg

So we got back to the room, changed and headed to the pool. The kids all loved that the music played under the water. I sat in the hot tub most of the time (after hearing the cool music playing under water) and relaxed. From the pool area you could see fireworks so that was pretty neat! We closed down the pool. Liz wanted to have a little impromptu practice in the lobby but that never materialized do we headed to bed.

Skye was up bright and early on January 4, 2019. She had to meet the team in the lobby at 8:15am. We all got up after and were on the boat over to City Walk at 9:35am and headed right to the stage.

img_7151.jpg

When we arrived we immediately saw Desiree's parents and brother sitting down front. They were unable to come and it was Desiree's Birthday! Her brother is one of Tyler's old friends who had a major surgery for a brain tumor they found suddenly from a headache about a year or so ago. He was not given a great prognosis but has beat all expectations they have given him. She did not know they were here. They had been in the area for a couple of days and had posted pictures on facebook and talked to her but she never caught on! When they walked out I could have sworn she looked right at them and didn't flinch...everyone else noticed and finally told her and she was in tears as she ran around the stage to see them. It was very sweet!

So, the dances (I don't have pics this time) we bits and pieces of last year's dances and this year's dances. They were pieced together with some changes. See, this is an optional trip and we never get whole teams to go. So Skye and one other girl did solos (Skye's from last year, Maddie's from this year), Skye and Desiree did a couple of their last year's dances as duets (because they were all that came from those dances) the littler girls did a dance or two. Then they all did a new dance to Happy as their finale. I do have some pics from afterward though, in their Happy costumes.

img_7153.jpg

Nina, Desiree, Liz, Skye, Julia, Amelia, Maddie, Olivia, Francesca, Ava, and Teagan.

img_7156.jpg

img_7159.jpg

Adding in Francesca's little sister, Helcha, and Ava's little sister, Lauren...they dance but are too little for a competition team yet.

img_7162.jpg

Skyler used to be the one everyone carried around...now she's the one that all the littles love!

img_7163.jpg

img_7173.jpg

We headed to get Skye changed...she was H-O-T!

img_7174.jpg

img_7175.jpg

She passed out on the Cowfish...

img_7176.jpg

img_7177.jpg

img_7178.jpg

We were on our way into Universal Studios at 11:09am. We ran into Beetleguise...

img_7181.jpg

He and Cary compared bellies???

img_7182.jpg

We saw the Secret Life of Pets float...

img_7184.jpg

A view towards Diagon Alley (see the dragon?).

img_7185.jpg

We found this set up...

img_7186.jpg

And Doc was out walking around...

img_7188.jpg

We stopped at Lard Lad for Skyler's BIG Pink Donut. Last time it was on her list of things to do but we got one when she was at class and she never got to get one so this time she was determined.

img_7194.jpg

img_7192.jpg

These are a really good donut...both times we have gotten them they are light and fresh. She was a bit upset that it did not fill out the box....our total here was $7.45 (it was 11:28am).

Then we went over to Fast Food Boulevard for lunch. This is one building that encompasses Cletus' Chicken Shack, Lisa's Teahouse of Terror, Luigi's, The Frying Dutchman, Krusty Burger, and Flaming Moe's.

The line looked long but it is separate counters so it moves quickly. We all ordered and Skye saw that they actually sell the BIG pink donuts here too...and they ALL FILLED THE BOX! She was pissed!!!

The boys waited for food and Skye and I went to find a table. It is a huge dining area so we have never had a problem finding a seat. We gathered napking, utensils, etc...and waited for them to come with the food.

I got the
Double Batter Chicken Platter - Corn flake crusted battered fried chicken with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob & coleslaw

img_7189.jpg

Cary ate the coleslaw and thought it was good (no one else eats it). Skye had the corn and some meat. I had the potatoes and some meat. It was plenty of food and really good. We have eaten here before and it has always been good. The chicken is moist and flavorful without being greasy. The potatoes and gravy were really good (I don't get gravy at home very often because no one else likes it). Skye liked the corn too. It was not soggy as if it had sat in water waiting to go onto a place...it was crunchy and fresh.

Tyler got his favorite...2
Chicken & Waffle Sandwich - Double Battered, extra crispy fried chicken breast between two waffles with maple syrup mayo & tater tots

img_7190.jpg

He got the maple syrup mayo on the side and had lettuce put on it. He loves these. They are the size of a toaster waffle and the chicken fills the waffle. I like the maple mayo but he doesn't. The tots are always crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. He was willing to share since he got two orders.

Skyler got the Cheese Pizza - Personal size pizza topped with tomato sauce and 100% whole milk mozzarella cheese.

img_7191.jpg

It was freshly made and had that fire cooked thin crust so it was really good. I don't think we had had this here before but she was happy with it!

Cary got the Clogger Burger - Two 6 oz burger patties topped with applewood smoke bacon, Secret Sauce, cheddar cheese sauce, a giant tomato slice & iceberg lettuce, served on a specialty bun...

img_7193.jpg

It came with curly fries that were very good and seasoned! This was a huge burger! He really enjoyed it too. Looking at the receipt I am seeing that we were not charged for it. I did not notice it before but hey, bonus!

We really like it here. Granted we have not done much dining at Universal so we don't have a lot of experience but as far as fast food at Universal goes, this is a good standard option. One thing I have noticed though, at UNiversal there is a lot of chicken on the menus. You get other things here and there but a lot of the fast food places seem to be chicken based. Not a bad thing entirely but just an observation.

We checked out here at 11:39am and our total was $52.15...so cheaper than last nights fiasco and much better!

Last edited:
After lunch we headed out towards The Simpsons Ride.

img_7196.jpg

img_7197.jpg

img_7198.jpg

img_7199.jpg

img_7200.jpg

And after riding, we headed towards MEN IN BLACK™ Alien Attack™ .

img_7202.jpg

After MIB we headed towards Fast & Furious – Supercharged which was new since we were here last.

Skye knocked on Kreacher's door.

img_7204.jpg

img_7208.jpg

It was ok...we are not fans of the movies so maybe we missed something but the acting of the CMs just seemed off a bit. The line was long and if you're a fan of the movies or a gear head you would probably love it! We enjoyed it but again, we probably missed something.

img_7209.jpg

While we were in line Liz, Papa D, Francesca, and Ava got in line behind us so we waited on them to finish up and we all headed to TRANSFORMERS™: The Ride-3D. In our ride the movie stopped for they allowed us to go through again without getting off.

After Transformers Liz and Papa left, they had other plans, and Ava and Francesca stayed with us. We all went on Revenge of the Mummy. Ava is afraid of nothing and Francesca is afraid of everything...it was a fun experience. This is one scary ride. And when you don't know what it is, it is even scarier. Last time we were here we had no idea. We figured it was a simulator like most everything else here. Skye was not with us at the time and Tyler was about to kill me when he realized it was an actual roller coaster. Hey, I did not know either! But we took Skye back later and while scary it is very cool...well hot, there's fire involved! We all had fun, even Francesca.

We were deciding what to do and ended up by Shrek and saw Puss...

img_7210.jpg

...some towns people...

img_7212.jpg

...the Three Blind Mice and The Big Bad Wolf...

img_7213.jpg

Somehow we ended up in the open area in front of Race Through New York...

img_7214.jpg

img_7215.jpg

img_7216.jpg

img_7217.jpg

Then the kids rode Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit twice while Cary and I tried to get good spots for the parade.

img_7218.jpg

We were standing right at the corner across from this...

img_7219.jpg

img_7220.jpg

img_7221.jpg

While we were waiting for the kids and the parade Cary ran and grabbed us a Pretzel at Production Central - 62 ($7.02).

img_7222.jpg

As the kids were coming back after their second ride, it started raining and the parade was cancelled...so we donned our ponchos and umbrella and moved on...

After that we hopped in lone for a train at Platform 9 3/4...

img_7223.jpg

img_7224.jpg

img_7225.jpg

And ended up in Hogsmeade...

img_7227.jpg

It had stopped raining by now...mostly. We looked around on our way through. Francesca and Ava had to get going soon so we were heading up towards the front of the park. On the way we stopped at Oasis Coolers for some food. This was one of our two favorites from last time. We ordered two Beef Kabob Combos with Cheddar Sun Chips.

img_7228.jpg

They come kabobed. These have been consistently good. It has enough filling that is fresh and hot where it should be and cold where it should be....quite a feat for a little stand. The kids wont eat them because they have sauce on them but if there is any meat the sauce has not touched, they'll grab it!

It was 5:48pm and our total here was $28.74. It is a little expensive for what you get but they are really good so it doesn't feel quite so bad. Seating is across the way and while there is not a ton, there is enough...and bonus! This time there was no one changing a diaper on the table next to people trying to eat!!!

While we were getting this and sitting, the kids ran to Fire Eaters for their favorite!

img_7229.jpg

img_7230.jpg

They got two of these and a chocolate chip cookie. These are the Chicken Stingers (with Hot Sauce) and fries. They love the flavor on these. This place is just the other side of the seating area so it's kind of all right in the same place. All the kids shared these. Their total here was $28.31...again, a bit high but they are very good and plenty of food.

We will most likely return to both of these places in the future!

And as we headed out again it started drizzling again...just enough to be annoying! We walked Francesca and Ava to the big store in front so they could buy sweat shirts and then they left for the boat and we headed back towards Hogsmeade!

img_7231.jpg

It was raining a bit harder but not bad. Our goal was to see the Hogwarts Castle show.

img_7232.jpg

img_7233.jpg

img_7234.jpg

It was really crowded back there but it was a really neat show. I only took movies so I have no proof we saw it but, we did!

Afterwards we did some shopping and looking around. Tyler wanted a Pumpkin Juice so we grabbed one of them ($7.50 that I'm not including in my food total because it was more a sourinear)...um, while I like pumpkin flavor, this was SUPER pumpkin flavor on steroids! I think we eventually drank it but I more think he wanted it for the jar!

img_7238.jpg

We headed back to the train station to go back to Diagon Alley.

img_7237.jpg

There was a bit of a line at this point but not too bad.

img_7239.jpg

img_7240.jpg

img_7241.jpg

img_7242.jpg

img_7245.jpg

We took our time enjoying our last night at Universal...

img_7247.jpg

img_7248.jpg

img_7249.jpg

img_7250.jpg

img_7251.jpg

img_7252.jpg

img_7253.jpg

img_7254_1.jpg

We got to the front of the park, grabbed Skyes stuff we had stored in a locker, and headed to the boat dock where we were able to pretty much jump right onto a boat and were home shortly after that. We were all a bit in a snacky mood so we headed into Emack and Bolio's Marketplace at the hotel for snacks.

We decided to do a Emack Attack 4...whc=ich was four scoops of ice cream of your choice, toppings of your choice, whipped cream and cherries...and a bowl.

img_7255.jpg

I cannot remember what flavors we got but it was all good and we made a huge dent but did not finish it all. We do still have the bowl at home though!

Skyler also got a 16oz Peach White Tea drink.

img_7256_1.jpg

She liked it. It was 8:43pm and we were exhausted! Our total here was $22.37 and well worth it!!!

When we got back to the room, we found this...

img_7257.jpg

img_7259.jpg

Skye's coach and the other girls were going to hang out for a bit in her coaches room but she wanted to just lay down for a few before going. I told her if she lay down, she would not make it to the get together. She insisted...then was mad at me in the morning when she finally woke up! LOL...I told her!

January 5, 2019 started with Skye being mad that no one woke her up! Hey, we all passed out...we were exhausted!

Some of her people had left already. Some were getting ready to leave. And we were heading to make the most of our last day, Her coach was able to add another day for people who wanted it for an extra $5.00 per person...heck ya!

So we packed up and had bell services come to take our stuff to store for the rest of the day. They were quick once we called and at 11:16am we arrived at Universal Studios.

img_7260.jpg

img_7261.jpg

It was a tad bit cool this morning so Skye and I bought sweatshirts.

img_7265.jpg

img_7266.jpg

img_7268.jpg

img_7270.jpg

We looked around and took pictures on our way back to Diagon Alley.

img_7271.jpg

Of course Skyler needed a picture with the Nutcracker since her life from mid August through the first week in December for the past 8 years has been consumed by The Nutcracker!

img_7272.jpg

Skyler bought her new Pigmy Puff (she got one leat time too ... Penelope and Piper are their names!). She was disappointed that the cast member did not do the adoption ritual that the last one did when she adopted Penelope.

img_7274.jpg

We finally reached our destination...

img_7276.jpg

img_7282.jpg

img_7283.jpg

img_7286.jpg

img_7287.jpg

There was a little line for express pass but it was not long the entrance just looks jumbled! We Escaped from Gringotts and then headed on...looking around and taking pictures.

img_7278.jpg

img_7279.jpg

img_7281.jpg

img_7288.jpg

img_7289.jpg

img_7290.jpg

img_7292.jpg

Skyler and Piper needed a picture!

img_7293.jpg

img_7295.jpg

img_7297.jpg

img_7298.jpg

img_7299.jpg

img_7300.jpg

Somewhere in there we took the train to Hogsmeade and looked around taking pictures before heading up for lunch.

We headed up towards Seuss Landing.

img_7301.jpg

Sam I Am was a little scared of Piper...

img_7302.jpg

img_7303.jpg

img_7304.jpg

img_7306.jpg

img_7308.jpg

img_7309.jpg

img_7310.jpg

We headed into Circus McGurkus for lunch. This is another place we have eaten before and it has been pretty good.

img_7312.jpg

We all ordered and then Cary stayed to get the food. There was a bit of a line. When he was close, Tyler went to help him carry the trays.

img_7313.jpg

img_7314.jpg

So Cary and Skye both ordered the
Super Spaghetti & Meatballs Combo - served with a side Caesar salad and a breadstick.

img_7316.jpg

They both liked this a lot. The salad was pretty big for a side salad and the spaghetti was steaming hot. Cary got Skye's Meatballs because she does not eat them...and that was fine with him!

I had the
Fried Chicken - Served with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob... that we asked for french fries with because Tyler wanted fries and I was not that hungry...but as you can see...

img_7317.jpg

But in the end, I was happy to have the potatoes and gravy because they were good and i don't get gravy at home because i am the only one who eats it! It was a good meal...pretty much the same as in Springfield though.

Tyler had the Pepperoni Pizza Jumbo Slice.

img_7318.jpg

The salad was not his...he doesn't eat the stuff! Was the pizza worth $10.99? NO! But he liked it and it was large. But it came with nothing else for that price! It did what he needed it to do though and when in a park, you're kind of at the mercy of what they have.

We also ordered two cokes because we knew we would not be here all day so we were not lugging the cup around or paying for a refill for the day. All in all, we probably should have because two cokes was almost the same price as the refill would have been...but one less thing to lug around.

We enjoy it here. The food is good and there is so much going on that it's a fun place to be! There is a lot of seating and it is all indoors. We will be back when in the area and needing to eat!

We were here at 2:20pm and our total was $60.86.

At this point we started heading up front.

img_7319.jpg

img_7320.jpg

img_7322.jpg

And headed into the Trading Company.

img_7324.jpg

img_7325.jpg

Tyler picked up a Chocolate Frog. Last time we were heading on a cruise right after Universal and he bought on. The back it was in got lost and by the time the ship located it it had been hanging in an un-climate controlled room and no longer looked like a frog by the time we got it back! He also got a Jurassic Park t-shirt and Cary got a sweatshirt.

By the time we were done spending money, it was time to head out.

We have been dying to actually eat at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium since the first time we were here and have yet to do it.

img_7327.jpg

We did however, both time, get milk shakes!

img_7328.jpg

We decided on a
Confetti - Vanilla ice cream, confetti cake, vanilla buttercream frosting, rainbow sprinkles, fresh whipped cream.

img_7329.jpg

Isn't she beautiful??? And oh so good!

And a
Cookie Jar - Vanilla ice cream, Oreo®, oatmeal, and chocolate chip cookies, fresh whipped cream

img_7330.jpg

And this one was so pretty too! We liked the shake of the cookie one better but the toppings on the confetti one better...so all in all, good choices!

These are huge! And the jars are a keepsake. We now own four...LOL! We still want to eat here but we just never have enough time. Some day...

There was a bit of a line for milk shakes and it was about 4:03pm so not even a huge meal time. Our total was $27.69...but oh so worth it!

We boated back to Hard Rock where Tyler had a purchase to make at the store there. He bought himself a jacket...I think you;ll see in later pictures. And then we got our luggage, packed it in and headed to our next appointment!

So we hopped in the car and headed to our last destination of the trip. Originally, this was when we would start back home. However, Disney had recently opened up ADRs for a new venue we all were running to grab! So just for fun, I don't have luck with things like this, I went on to see what was available for that day...that was the only time it would fit. And what did I find? Well, an ADR for 5:45pm.

So we arrive at the Wilderness Lodge, self park and walk in.

img_7331.jpg

img_7335.jpg

img_7336.jpg

img_7337.jpg

img_7338.jpg

img_7340.jpg

img_7339.jpg

Now we went into this with trepidation. I mean, Artist Point was one of our favorite signature meals in the past. We are not a fan of these kind of meals where you pay one price and everyone shares appetizers and desserts and you pick your entree from a small list of them. And usually (although starting out, this one was not) they are more expensive than they are worth. And I am not of the camp that you pay for the experience...no person dressed up like a character is worth some of the costs...the food and service has to be worth it too! But getting in on the ground floor, we had to do it...i figured per Disney's usual norm, they would scale back the types of food and the sizes of the food served and raise the price as soon as they could.

SO we head up to where you used to check in for Artist Point and were kind of rudely pointed back to an unmarked kiosk away from the bottom of the ramp...like, no one saw it because there was a line of people following us that ended up at the same place we did.

So we get checked in and we're about 10 minutes early and they make a point of telling us, kin of rudely, that we wont be seated until closer to our ADR time...really??? It's 10 minutes, do people complain about showing up early for an ADR and not being seated right away, or within 10 minutes??? Anyway, we were called in about 7 minutes. Yes, after the way she told us that and the fact that when we were initially checking in in the incorrect spot we could see a lot of empty, clean tables, we were watching the clock...curiosity sake.

img_7341.jpg

We were led to a table in the center of the first room you enter into where we could watch The Queen meet and "not" greet. It is an odd set up. The place is pretty. Lots of trees with twinkle lights that change colors and dance with the music being played. But The Queen meets right in the middle of the venue. So when there's a line, and there was usually a line, it was weaving between tables where people were trying to enjoy their dinner and meet other characters.

The table set up was cute.

img_7342.jpg

img_7343.jpg

The inside of the menu provides a back story.

img_7344.jpg

img_7345.jpg

img_7346.jpg

And at various intervals the characters parade through the restaurant with the music.

img_7347.jpg

img_7348.jpg

Our server was Ryan and he was not very nice or helpful and seemed rushed. I did not really notice him serving a ton of tables but maybe I just did not pay much attention. Since we were at about two weeks into opening, I am sure they were still working out the kinks of going from an upscale signature dining venue to a mobbed, busy one!

Our appetizers came out first...before our drinks did.

img_7352.jpg

There was winter squash bisque with toasted marshmallows on a stick for stirring. The presentation was awesome! I was the only one who would even try this. It was good but very rich, very creamy (which i enjoy) and very sweet. The marshmallow was a great addition but it seemed more like a dessert soup to me.

There was also the Hunter's Pies.

img_7353.jpg

Everyone tried these. They are minced chicken and black truffle inside and a stone fruit preserve to spread on them. No one used the preserve except Cary. He enjoyed these the most...and i got to finish the kid's attempts.

We also got the Wicked Shrimp Cocktail - Soy, Miso, Avocado, Thai Chili, Greens ...which was the only "normal"ish thing that the kids were interested.

img_7354.jpg

Unfortunately, like the other items, even though it is served in one container there are exactly the number of shrimp in that jar as there are people at the table. They were a bit on the spicy side but the kids enjoy that so as long as they did not have too much extra stuff on them they were good. Cary ate his too but I took a bite of mine and let Tyler have the rest.

Around this time Snow White came to say hi!

img_7356.jpg

And the trees turned a sinister red when The Queen came back from her break!

img_7357.jpg

img_7358.jpg

Dopey was next to visit.

img_7359.jpg

And then Grumpy.

img_7361.jpg

Who MADE Cary and me get up for a picture!

img_7362.jpg

For entrees I got the Venison dish that does not seem to be on the menu anymore.

img_7366.jpg

It does seem to be an awfully lot like the pork shank dish that is on the current online menu though as it was served with Celery Root Mashed, Wilted Winter Greens, Jus. It was ok. I think maybe I did not read the menu completely enough. It was between this and the fish dish and I think I chose wrong. It was ok, it just was not fabulous...that might be my fault though.

Tyler also did not read the menu well enough because if he had he would have either ordered differently or ordered the same item but with things left off or on the side. He got the fish dish that does not look like what is on the menu now (see there have already been big changes in menu)...

img_7367.jpg

He took one look at it and knew he was not going to eat it. It was covered in a white sauce. He did not want to switch with me, I offered. I should have ordered this because I probably would have enjoyed it. Cary caught (and I do mean he had to catch him because he never stopped by to see if we were happy with out meal and he was not the one who brought it out) Ryan and he exchanged it for him. Tyler did not even taste it!

He ended up with the Brother’s Grimm Roasted Chicken -
Herb-crusted Potatoes, Fire-roasted Petite Squash, Golden Raisins...which appears basically like the same dish as now. ANd he had them leave off the sauce.

img_7370.jpg

This is the dish he should have ordered in the first place. He likes fish but he does not like the unknown so the fish dish was a surprise to me! He really enjoyed this. Cary ordered the same thing but as it is served and he was in agreement with Tyler that it was very good.

img_7368.jpg

Tyler only ate the chicken though so Skyler ate his potatoes. She and Cary said the potatoes were great!

Skyler ordered the Royal Prime Rib Roast -
Horseradish-Mashed Potato, Carrots, Popover, Jus.

img_7369.jpg

She was not happy. It was pretty fatty. I wish i had taken a picture of what was left after she got done eating the meat so you could actually see all the fat! And she is a medium rare kinda gal. She loves prime rib normally. The parts that were eatable, were good but so much was not. She did not remember that the potatoes are horseradish based and took a bite and that was the last bite so she was happy to have Tyler's potatoes. At this point she did not trust the popover but I did and thought it was really good. She also liked her carrots.

img_7371.jpg

We had a very slow paced meal here. Like sitting between courses with no food to eat, waiting for the next course. Our drinks were not filled very often and when they were it was by a different waiter that we had to flag down. I'm not sure what was up with Ryan but he had no real interest in our table.

Finally desserts arrived.

img_7373.jpg

FIrst the Miner’s Treasures -
Sponge Cake, Chocolate Gems, Berry Panna Cotta.

img_7374.jpg

img_7375.jpg

Now, I am a snacker of cake and cookies (as opposed to salty like the rest of my family...where did they come from???) and I like sweet! But this was way super sweet! The chocolate rocks did nothing for it. It was like totally separate things...although they did carry out the mining theme quite well. But I am one who likes more cookie than chip in my chocolate chip cookies so maybe it's just me. But it was so sweet.

Next was the Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie -
Meringue, Gooseberry

img_7377.jpg

The kids are not big on fruity pie in general so they did not taste this as a whole. Skye ate some of the meringue but otherwise no. Cary and I tried them but I found it on the sour side in an odd way. I cannot pin point what it was that I didn't like about it but I didn't. Cary thought it was ok.

And last was the 'Poison' Apple -
Dark Chocolate-Apple Mousse, Sour Center

img_7378.jpg

img_7379.jpg

This was all of our favorite...they are little and you get one per person. They had a really good flavor and the novelty of it was great!

As soon as our dessert came, Ryan showed up with the The Hunter’s Gift to the Queen -
Crackled Maple Popcorn, Ganache Heart

img_7376.jpg

img_7380.jpg

img_7381.jpg

There was almost no smoke to the smoking box and there was absolutely no fan fare when he delivered this. Basically he walked over, opened the box, started scooping it out onto the plate and left. I do have to say, while the idea of the way it was supposed to be presented sounds cool, I don't understand the caramel corn??? The chocolates were good chocolates though so that's a win!

Once we were done and ready to leave we jumped in line to meet The Queen. And there was a line. And we were wound around people's tables while they were eating. It was pretty awkward. One lady complained because someone in line was coughing so they moved the line to curl around someone else's table. I don't know that the meeting spot fir The Queen was the best thought out plan.

img_7382.jpg

We were leaving there at around 7:25pm. So an hour and forty five minutes that felt much longer.

Needless to say, we are not rushing back to Storybook Dining and we will miss Artist Point in it's old form. In theory this sounds like a great character meal but it was too slow. It was too ... um, what do I want to call it ... fancy in a way. The food was very NOT regular old people food. I don't know how accommodating they would have been if we had asked for changes to things...like if Skye had asked for the potatoes to not be horseradish or to get the fingerling potatoes instead. Part of the ability of these kinds of places to push out as much as they do is ordering as it is offered. But I would assume they would have altered things if we had asked. I think the main problem was that the appetizers were weird, for us. The desserts were too sweet or odd, for us. And the mains were all saucy and fatty, for us. Other people, including friends who were there the day after we were, love it. It has an odd set up for meet and greeting The Queen and service was slow. I.m chalking the slowness up to being a new venue, although it would seem with all the same appetizers and desserts and only a handful of entrees, serving should be easier, but what do I know?

Anyway, we will not be rushing back so all of you wishing for an ADR here will not have us to get through.

Our total here was $234.30 which we thought was a lot for what we got out of it. We're glad we tried it though rather than sitting here wondering about it and hearing all the rave reviews. Now we know we have no need to go back....lots of other places to eat at!

After dinner we headed to our room for the night at All-Star Music. It has been a long time since we have stayed here. We were all the way in towards the side of All- Star Sports in the Rock section on the outside facing the parking lot. It was for one night...it was fine...if we had been staying longer, I would have asked to be moved. There did not seem to be ANYONE around us AT ALL. I am sure that's not true but it was like a ghost town back there. THese rooms are not renovated yet so that worked for me. So far I am not fond of the look of the new rooms.

img_7385.jpg

img_7386.jpg

I understand all the sanitary reasons the new blah-ness is loved by most but I do not like all the white, blah-ness. We all lived through itchy colorful quilts that you did not actually sleep under for ever before...it's a wonder we're all still alive! I am interested in giving the new rooms a try, maybe I'll change my mind. But the decor of the room kept me immersed in my DIsney Bubble at all times. Now, from what I am seeing, I could be anywhere. The jury is still out!

img_7387.jpg

We are also keepers of the little bottles of toiletries to use at home. And we LOVE the H2O stuff but cannot fathom paying upwards of $20 for a small sized jar for it. So we're also bummed by this change. And while i hear the environmental stuff, I do not believe that is why Disney does anything completely. It if did not save the money, they wouldn't do it. Skye has broached the subject of how to take it home now...and NO, I will not allow her to tamper with the bottles!

img_7388.jpg

We dropped off our stuff for the night and decided to check out Music on our way to the buses. We were in this section but no where near here...LOL!

Cary liked all the cars around.

img_7389.jpg

img_7391.jpg

img_7393.jpg

img_7394.jpg

In the lobby there were these...

img_7395.jpg

We headed out to a bus stop and within minutes we were on one heading to Disney Springs. It was crowded but not crazy and it was not super hot so it was a good night for this.

img_7396.jpg

img_7397.jpg

img_7398.jpg

img_7399.jpg

img_7400.jpg

Ty was hungry so he went to 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck for
Tacos (3) - choice of filling with Guasacaca, Crème Fraiche, Pico de Gallo, Salsa Verde, Queso Fresco and Cilantro in a Tortilla with a Lime and Jalapeño.

img_7403.jpg

He got the brisket barbacoa, lettuce, and cheese. He said they were ok and ate them all...I think they looked and smelled wonderful...so this is probably Tyler just being picky. He ate them so they had to be pretty good though. He did not share. This is someplace I want to come back to to try in the future!

His total was $11.71.

We found a seat along the water where we could relax and listen/watch the band that was playing on the stage. Cary ran to Joffrey's and got him a coffee and me a hot chocolate. ($7.97). We sat while Tyler ate and then decided we were all tired so headed back the way we came.

Past the Lego Store...
img_7404.jpg

img_7405.jpg

We were able to hop on a bus remarkable fast for Disney Springs transportation, although we did take the All- Star Sports bus back because it was there and we were closer to that stop than our own.

We got back around 10:30pm and didn't take long to fall asleep on our last night in The World.

We decided to sleep in a bit. It was a little cool out so no one wanted to get up and head to the pool. We packed up our stuff and took them out to the car before heading over to Intermission Food Court for brunch.

This was the view from our room...and how far out we were...

img_7408.jpg

img_7409.jpg

img_7411.jpg

It was about 11am so breakfast was over so we all got lunch.

Cary and I decided to split a
Foot-long All-Beef Chili-Cheese Hot Dog -
Chili-Cheese All-Beef Foot-long Hot Dog served with French Fries.

img_7413.jpg

As you can see in the picture, I got a chocolate milk, Ty and Cary got Monsters, and Skye and I got a fruit cup to share.

img_7414.jpg

Tyler got the
Monster Slice of Pepperoni Pizza -
Served with a Side Salad ...but got a breadstick instead of the salad.

Skyler got a
Monster Slice of Cheese Pizza -
Served with a Side Salad but also got a breadstick, a parfait, and a strawberry milk...

img_7415.jpg

Everyone enjoyed their food and it did what we needed it to do. We contemplated heading someplace else for lunch but decided to just eat and get on the way. We checked out here at 11:16am but took our time enjoying the almost empty food court until we were ready to head out. Our bill was $56.88.

We hit the gift shop to look around and ended up with a bunch of stuff for us all.

We headed back out to where our car was by our room.

img_7416.jpg

img_7417.jpg

Jumped in the car and headed north.

Just a quick wrap up...

We headed home. Stopped for gas at a Pilot in Valdosta, GA and got Wendy's while we were there.

We got to our destination with enough time to swim, unwind and order food.

We were at the Hampton Inn in Chattanooga, TN...and it was an great hotel (especially compared to our trip down!) and we would be sure to return again if stopping for the night in the area.

The pool was really cold though so we did not swim long...and no hot tub!!!!

img_7418.jpg

img_7419.jpg

We found a pizza place that would deliver here...Mr T's Pizza...and we got a large pepperoni and a large sausage pizza, two garden salads and a two liter of coke...it was $34.08.

img_7420.jpg

img_7421.jpg

img_7422.jpg

The food came, we ate, put the leftovers in the fridge, and went to sleep.

In the morning we had breakfast...

img_7423.jpg

img_7424.jpg

img_7425.jpg

img_7426.jpg

img_7427.jpg

img_7428.jpg

img_7429.jpg

img_7431.jpg

img_7433.jpg

img_7434.jpg

img_7436.jpg

img_7437.jpg

Then we packed up and got on the road. At about 2:12pm we stopped at a Cracker Barrel in Cave City, KY...which was not the best we have been to.

I had the Chicken 'n' Dumplings with mac & cheese and hashbrown casserole.

img_7438.jpg

Cary had the Meatloaf with mac & cheese and mashed potatoes.

img_7439.jpg

Ours came with buttermilk biscuits and corn bread...that were a bit well done.

img_7440.jpg

Skyler had the Kid's Grilled Cheese and a baked potato...I think the grilled cheese mostly was taken to go.

img_7441.jpg

And Tyler just had a chicken sandwich that he thought was relatively laughable...it was two smallish chicken fingers on a bun, bacon and lettuce with fries....

img_7442.jpg

It was all eatable...mine was the best. We were these around 45 minutes and spent $45.11 for a mediocre meal. But it was a meal and it filled us up for the rest of the ride home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter