What was your plan of attack for maximizing rides during Disney After Hours?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
I am going to a Disney After Hours event in early December with a 10pm to 1am event time. I want to try to ride as many of the E tickets as possible, but have had some trouble trying to think through how best to approach the event. If anyone who has done the event has some thoughts on how best to order which rides when and/or what rides they were able to accomplish, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Honestly, the lines are so short there isn’t too much strategizing involved! I just had a loose plan of what direction we wanted to go in. We rode PotC and HM before the party w FP. Rode JC with FP right after HEA and then BTMRR and Splash right near the start of the party. They were already walk on. Then we just worked our way across the park from there. HM, PP, IaSW, Pooh, 7DMT, teacups, Ariel. Headed over to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz plus SM several times. We stopped for snacks at least 4 times and this was with a 5-year-old in tow. . It is an awesome event, have a great time!! PS, the only line was 7DMT, which was about 15 min, everything else was walk on. This was an early March party.

We were at a sold out event in august and we really didn’t plan much. Rode 7 dwarfs early with about a 15 minute wait. It was right at 10 and there were still day guests in line, so we got sent in the fast pass line. Just worked our way around the park.

My dd and I rode big thunder two times in a row as a walk on. Could have ridden it more times, but she wanted to ride different rides.

We rode dwarfs again at the end of the night and it was still about 15 minutes.

We had an amazing time.

We FPed Jungle Cruise and Splash before DAH since they are longer rides. Then we just basically went clockwise around the park and didn't have to wait for anything (we had already done 7DMT and PP).

Last February, the lines for popcorn were longer than the lines for any rides.

Agree with some others saying not to criss-cross the park too much and really try to do the longer attractions before the event starts. The walk on of Small World looks enticing (it's hard for me to pass it by) but it will cost you 12 minutes. Do what you enjoy but if you do Small World, then Haunted Mansion, Country Bears and then Splash Mountain (that is a realistic walking path) you will have spent 50+ minutes on those 4. Great attractions but try to do before the party or on a different day.
Also, if you want to do an attraction two or three times, if there aren't many/any people in line, ask if you could stay on and not get off. We did Buzz Lightyear 3 times in a row without getting off and it saved a few minutes of re-walking the queue.

We started with Jungle Cruise and worked our way around that way. We started riding some things 2X (staying in our seats) and as a result missed 1-2 rides at the very end in Tomorrowland. We did kooky things that we never ride, like Astro Orbiter, Barnstormer, Pooh, Grand Prix cars, etc.

I highly recommend this experience if it fits your budget.

We were the only ones on Splash Mountain....was kind of eerie. As others said, the only wait you will likely see (and not a long one) is 7DMT

No need for a "plan of attack". That's the best thing about DAH....crowds are insanely low and rides are available easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter