What Was Your Longest Stay?

We never did this before...but retired now, so what the heck. I don't have the itinerary in front of me right now, but last year (September 2015) we did about a week in BWV, a week in Vero Beach and a week in Saratoga. So I'll estimate at least 21 days but I think it was really 24 days with extra days here and there. I really wanted to add a week to AKV, but dear husband said enough! :rolleyes1

Wow -- I did not know about the rooftop pool! We are staying our first night there (plane gets in about 9:00 pm, and I hate to pay Disney for a room that night when I can use my Hyatt business travel points and get the room for free), and we plan to just show up with our luggage the next morning as if we had gotten off the morning plane.

We LOVE to swim at night on the rooftop pool. You can see planes flying over head, everything lit up ... a nice relaxing way to start our holiday. Usually pretty quiet later at night too. I think it's on the 9th floor. We swim till about 10:00 -10:30, shower, get a good night's sleep and we're ready for Disney in the morning! Here is a picture of the pool (a daytime picture:-)).

Hyatt_Regency_Hotel_International_Airport_Orlando_Swimming_Pool.jpg

OK. Everyone will think we're INSANE but it was a little over 2 months! We retired from NY last June and our house wasn't going to be done till end of Aug so we figured Why Not! We stayed at Shades of Green for 6 weeks(which was actually longer than they're supposed to let someone stay), then we moved to Pop, then we stayed at GF. We live only 30 minutes from WDW but so far we've been back for a week with our grandkids, a week during the week of XMAS, and my birthday. Do we have a problem.?!?!?

7 nights has been the longest. I think that trip was actually 8 nights but the first night was offsite... I want to do 2 weeks (14 days) some time in the future but no luck so far. Its not as much a question of $ as it is TIME.. its hard to get 2 straight weeks away from work/school/ kid activities... :(

I think I might win for the shortest "longest stay."

If we're only counting Disney hotels (and SOG, off site, etc. doesn't count) then our longest stay was 5 nights at CSR. If we count off property/SOG, then we've done a few 6 night stays off site and at SOG.

Just curious as to what everyone's record longest stay was OP, and your reason for it? On our last trip in 2008 we stayed 10 days which was, at that time, our longest, and by the end frankly we were pretty over people and lines and buses and heat. Having said that, this time we are staying 13 days. I'd REALLY like to add 2 days but we're already stretched to our financial limit by staying CL at AKL and booking all sorts of extras on top of that. We're doing it this way because it's our 10 year anniversary so we're having a bit of a splurge.

Last trip was 10 in the unexpected heat. (unseasonably) We had a big agenda and ran ourselves ragged seeing and doing. This time we are going for 10 and are carefully building in relaxing and savoring..Morning in the park or evening when cooler. Resort break in afternoon. Hitting the highlights and not trying to do all. Biggest thing. We are planning an entire day mid trip at the poly to lay on the beach, by the pool, staying at the resort. This is to refresh for the rest of the week. Me may go somewhere in evening..or not!! We are splitting our stay..FQ for A few days then Poly for the majority. You might consider that..great fun. Disney transfer the luggage easily for you.

I think I might win for the shortest "longest stay."

If we're only counting Disney hotels (and SOG, off site, etc. doesn't count) then our longest stay was 5 nights at CSR. If we count off property/SOG, then we've done a few 6 night stays off site and at SOG.
If you don't count SOG then it would be 3weeks at Poly. This was years ago. We had 3weeks reserved at CBR. I got a phone call saying they are refurb ing the hotel and for $10/nt more we could upgrade to BC,YC, or Poly. So we stayed at the Poly for 3wks at $89/nt! THAT will NEVER happen again!!

9 nights. It was too long. We actually scratched Legoland out of the plan because we were both over crowded parks in September heat (and we have season passes to a theme park, so I thought we'd be used to it!), this was followed by another 8 nights in South Florida, and then 1 more back in Orlando for Old Town. The entire vacation was probably too much for a 5 year old. We were running from one activity to the next everyday, I over scheduled every component of that trip trying to do "everything" . Not a bit relaxing- But it was still fun :)

We did 9 days which included 2 days at Universal in 2015. We stay 3 days at Port Orleans and 6 days off property.

Our usual Wdw stay is 14 days (on site). I'm not counting other places we are at before we arrive at Wdw.

9 nights off property. It was way too long and too much, especially as we had to combine our trip with family obligations. (Day 6 was spent with extended family when it should have been a rest day.) We also spent an additional week in Tampa before going to Orlando.

These days we're looking at 6-8 days on property and not letting any family know that we'll be there.

Off-property: 14 nights. We did mostly Disney but other local things too. This was with my grandma, aunt, and cousins and it was a blast! My parents could never survive Disney that long haha!

On-property: 7 nights/8 full days this past June. By the end we were about ready to go home, as our two favorites are Epcot and MK and we really spent a lot of time and saw most things many, many times over. It probably wouldn't have felt so "ready to go home" by the end, but we had torrential rains every afternoon so it really cut down on the ability to go relax and swim and sort of "trapped" us in the park longer than we anticipated every day.

If I am going to go anywhere for 2 weeks it will be to Great Britain. Want to plan another visit across the pond in the very near future!!

From 2013-2015 in the month of May we would do a 14-16 day trip. But as the kids are getting older its becoming harder to take kids out for that long. But answer the question 16 days at Wilderness Lodge. Loved it!

I have done 11 days before but I prefer 8 days and 7 nights. I found that is my sweet spot for a WDW vacation.

We LOVE to swim at night on the rooftop pool. You can see planes flying over head, everything lit up ... a nice relaxing way to start our holiday. Usually pretty quiet later at night too. I think it's on the 9th floor. We swim till about 10:00 -10:30, shower, get a good night's sleep and we're ready for Disney in the morning! Here is a picture of the pool (a daytime picture:-)).

Hyatt_Regency_Hotel_International_Airport_Orlando_Swimming_Pool.jpg
Thanks -- it looks lovely. This would also be a good idea for a last night in Orlando.

Never stayed longer than six nights, we were at Wilderness Lodge Resort. I was just saying to my wife for our next Disney vacation (after our DCL vacation later this year) I would like to make it an all WDW resort vacation. Except for the WL stay all our other vacations have been one to four nights at a WDW resort followed by a Disney cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter