What Was Your Longest Stay?

We have either done 7 or 8 days. I like having the extra day, simply as a waste day, where we may pop into a park for a few hours, but not need to do too much. Those often are the best days anyways. But I'm always ready to go home on that 8th day.

We typically stay 2 weeks (14 nights, 15 days) so we don't have to feel rushed to do things and can take the afternoons off - pool, naps, etc..However, with the pricing going up, I'd expect to do fewer days (11 days this year). They have raised too many prices (tix, resorts, food) and it is not reasonable any more.

We usually do 14 nights, but in 2014 we did 16. Two week long stays at time shares, with two nights in between to POR. We tend to plan one down day for every 2 days in the parks. It helps to have a kitchen, so most days we make our own breakfast, and non park days we make our own lunch. I have even been known to make us dinner as well. Our "down days" we tend to spend time at the pool, nap, be lazy and maybe visit DTD.

The 2014 trip we did not add another park, but we have done a Day at IofA or Sea World. Once we even did a day at Kennedy Space Center, which we highly recommend.

We live on the west coast, so with such a long flight, it just doesn't seem worth it for only a week. I think our shortest trip was 8 days, and it was just too short. Without having a kitchen I would be ready to leave earlier as I really get tired of restaurant food and just want to eat like we normally do. It also helps to have a washer and dryer, and return home with clean clothes. And after two weeks in the parks, we are ready to return home.

We've done 2 10 day stays, and another coming up this summer.
That's our norm, 1 10 or so day stay and several 3 to 5 night stays each year

8 days/ 7 nights. Which only is like 6 full days bc we loose a lot in travel but it's a nice amount of time for us to feel like we can relax a little at the resort. I'd like 10/9 but that too much for the budget as well as vacation time off work :(

Longest so far was 6 nights but in 2017 we will be reserving for 8. That is plenty for me!!

OUr longest trip last year was for 14 nights, 15 days. Just my husband and myself, the kids (19 and 20) had school and work. It was the MOST magical trip we have ever been on. We talk about it constantly that we can't do it this year, mom and sisters are taking our mom on a 70th birthday trip Disney) but we already have our dates planned for next year. For those saying they were done, we could of taken another week. We took days off and made them resort or waterpark days, didn't rush anywhere, park hopped, ate where we wanted (always do free dining). OMG, I can't wait until next year! lol

11 nights, 10 days, twice. This time we will only do 9 nights due to older kids and not being able to miss more than 5 week days :( Since we are not super close to WDW and flights are expensive, we like going for as long as we realistically can.

Our longest trip so far is 14 nights. This year we are going for 15 nights though (1 night RO at CBR then our free dining package of 14 nights at CBR). I can't wait. I think it's the perfect trip length, we get to go at our own pace, relax, take a lot of pool/water park time.

Just curious as to what everyone's record longest stay was OP, and your reason for it? On our last trip in 2008 we stayed 10 days which was, at that time, our longest, and by the end frankly we were pretty over people and lines and buses and heat. Having said that, this time we are staying 13 days. I'd REALLY like to add 2 days but we're already stretched to our financial limit by staying CL at AKL and booking all sorts of extras on top of that. We're doing it this way because it's our 10 year anniversary so we're having a bit of a splurge.

If you really want the 15 days stay, you could consider a split stay at two different resorts, and make the CL level at AKL be your final hop. Maybe a week at a moderate such as POFQ, do the boat ride to DD a few times, and then hop over to the more expensive lodging at AKL. Or some time not at CL on a monorail resort?

Before this year our longest trip was 6 days back in 2012. We are taking a trip in July of this year and going for 8 days. I'd love to stay longer but my husband is self employed and it's hard to be away from the business longer than a week or so.

We also tend to stay for about a week, but we promise ourselves another trip in a few years to do anything we missed. Years ago, some acquaintances carefully planned a week at Disney YC in which they were going to do EVERYTHING anyone had ever recommended to them. They scheduled themselves dawn to midnight for 7 straight days (and with children!). About day 2 we heard from them, "You are so right. We have to pace ourselves." They went back in a few years and did some of the things over and added a few new experiences.

Ours was 19 nights. This year will be 17 nights.

Our flight is pretty long though and I am of the opinion that if I can get the time off work and so can the rest of the family, then I'll do it.

Last August was our longest stay - 15 nights (2 nights RO at Beach Club and 13 nights bounceback free dining POFQ)

Coming up August trip - 15 nights (4 nights RO Contemporary, 4 nights RO Beach Club, 7 nights bounceback free dining PORS) ... plus one night to start vacation at MCO Hyatt - we love staying here (rooftop pool, the next morning we get up refreshed and board the Magical Express).

Wow -- I did not know about the rooftop pool! We are staying our first night there (plane gets in about 9:00 pm, and I hate to pay Disney for a room that night when I can use my Hyatt business travel points and get the room for free), and we plan to just show up with our luggage the next morning as if we had gotten off the morning plane.

Our complete FL stays are just over 2 weeks with WDW being just over half of that. This year we are doing:

2 nights Universal Cabana Bay.. (no parks just relaxing)
2 nights Clearwater Beach
6 Nights POR FD package 9 day tickets and MNSSHP
3 Nights Beach Club no dining but using rest of tickets.

that gives us 9 nights and 10 days of WDW... I thought I would have a lot of breathing space but with all the new stuff ( AK night events, HS Star Wars etc..) I feel like I am still rushed and have no time for down time. 10 days is a luxury but I still wish I had more time.

Not long enough!!! We've always stayed 7days/6nights, and our next trip (first with the baby) will be 5days/4nights.

10 days, 9 nights. December last year. It was good, but something about being away from home for the first ten days of December... seemed to take some of the anticipation/magic out of Christmas for us. Not really Disney's fault though. I think we'd do that length again, just not in December.
We felt the same way about our December trip. Though I LOVE the entire Christmas season and I loved the Christmas season at Disney, I think I prefer having a vacation in a month where there isn't something so big to look forward to. There's so much happening around here in December that going to Disney just made the season feel rushed I guess.

If you really want the 15 days stay, you could consider a split stay at two different resorts, and make the CL level at AKL be your final hop. Maybe a week at a moderate such as POFQ, do the boat ride to DD a few times, and then hop over to the more expensive lodging at AKL. Or some time not at CL on a monorail resort?

Well...I changed my res to a solid 14 days. Wow, 2 weeks at Disney, I can't believe it! I talked myself into it because we still have 4 months to pay for it and it IS a special occasion after all...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter