What was your health like when you were a child?

I missed 46 days of school in 1st grade, 24 in 2nd. I was tested for allergies and after I started taking shots my absences dropped to 3-4/school year.

Was very good, thankfully. Chicken Pox in 4th grade, other than that nada. 54 now and I've had some outpatient surgeries, but never spent the night in a hospital. (Knock on wood)

Invincible. ;)

Not sure these are actual health issues, but since were listing them, i will too. Had Chicken Pox & Pneumonia.

No serious illnesses or injuries that I can recall. Thankfully I missed out on a lot of those childhood diseases. In fact, I don't think I had any of them.

I DID however get chicken pox when I was 24, yea that was a very unpleasant experience.

Chicken pox too. Darn! Was it ITCHY!!!!!
Asthma - which still have, but much better managed

I had a bad run in fifth-sixth grade. Depression, cyclic vomiting syndrome, severe anemia.

Chicken pox in first grade

Biggest thing to note - and still to date - was being diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in the fifth grade. Definitely life changing.

Terrible. My birth parents were both heavy drug users during the pregnancy and I was born addicted as well. I've had lingering health issues because of that all my life.

Strong like bull! Had the normal, for the time, childhood things like mumps, measles and chicken pox. Was able to get the Polio Vaccine before it got to be a thing up in the area where I lived at the time.

I did have to get my tonsils removed (another common things in that time) but other than that I don't remember having many problems and all those happened before I was 10 or so.

I pretty much stayed quite good with the exception of high blood pressure, for most of my life until I reached the age of 67 then it started to come apart on me. First was prostate cancer (which we have done nothing about and now 8 years later it hasn't really developed into anything). Then cataracts both eyes (fixed) two different Kidney stone events, stenosis in three of my lower back vertebrae (still there), was equipped with a pacemaker in 2020 and one stenosis in my neck that required surgery and fusion. COPD, Sleep Apnea and a few dozen other things to minor to even mention. So not all that bad. I did have to have surgery for a severed quad muscle when I fell and landed hard on my right knee. No broken bones though. So far I've avoided arthritis in my joints but that is listed as the cause of the spine stenosis situations.

Last edited:
Almost nothing besides the normal colds. I had strep at some point before starting 1st grade. Never had chicken pox even though I was born in the 70’s. Don’t even think I had flu until I had kids to bring it home.

I suffered from angina when I was a teenager. It caused further health issues, unfortunately. I have to monitor my condition all the time. Fortunately, we live in a time of technology and have access to the info on the latest achievements in any sphere. I check the Canadian Pharmacy Partnership site to find out more about the latest medications and contact a doctor in the hope of solving my issues completely one day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter