What was your first resort?

I remember staying at Poly and Contemporary as a kid. As an adult, my family's first onsite stay was at All-Star Movies.

On subsequent trips, we stayed at Caribbean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and a short stay at Port Orleans Riverside.

In 1999 we stayed at All Star Movies (Dalmatian building) with me,DH, Kids were 8,6, 9months. We had a great time but never again. The rooms were so small and just so busy!! Since then we have stayed at Coronado Springs, Ft Wilderness cabinsx3, the campground x1 and offsite 3x.

First visit with husband was Contemporary Resort in 1983. We stayed in the wing where Bay Lake Tower now replaced it. This was our 1st Anniversary and to our surprise they upgraded us to a suite.

Pop Century was the first time I stayed onsite, I was traveling with friends. They started me down the darkside of staying on property, I never used to because of cost.

That being said, I will probably be going back to staying off propery after my trip next month, I think I've finally reached my tipping point with staying on property; there aren't many perks left that I can't find elsewhere at this point, and Lyft/Uber has made getting to the parks easy.

Caribbean beach in 1989. May/spring. Full price, no discount = $69 a night. This was the first value type resort on property. I booked over a year in advance and there was a waitlist for openings. (Yes back in the day you could go on a waitlist). Only one small section was open. There were no sections open beyond the main pool, nor was there a section across the water. first resort with a food court. No mugs back then.

1997- we stayed at the Polynesian. Since then I have stayed at the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Beach Club, POR, CBR, Coronado, and Pop Century. My next trip is All Stars Movies. It's what I can now afford. I'm glad I go to do deluxe when the prices were affordable, at the time, for me.

Our first on-site stay was for our honeymoon and we stayed at Coronado Springs and we were magically upgraded to a multi-room suite! We stayed again when we brought our oldest for her first trip at 6 months old and would probably stay again. We’ve also stayed at Pop, POR, CBR, and OKW.

Our very 1st trip was in 2000 for the Millennium Celebration and we stayed at PORFQ. We loved it! Our first 2 children were 6 and 2. The beaded necklaces at check in and the slide were a hit with them. After that we started staying at ASMo. and then learned about renting DVC points here on the DIS in the mid 2000's and haven't been back. I'm sure we'll eventually book there again :)

My first time at Disney World was off site in 1993. Our first "family" visit, which was All Star Music, was Jan 2007. At the time it was great. Newbies lol Perfect time for our boys too who were 4.5 and almost 6. What a wonderful awe inspiring time for us all. I don't think we would stay there again unless there was no other alternative. After that we were at All Star Movies- Jan 2011, Pop Century- Jan 2013, Pop Century-Nov. 2014, Pop Century- Jan 2016. and our last one was All Star Movies-Jan 2018. Planning to go hopefully in the fall or Jan 2021. We are quite content with Pop Century as we do stay in the parks all day till the fire works.

Though I've been going to Disneyland since the early 1970's, my first trip to WDW wasn't until 2005 with my husband and children. We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and loved it. What I though was going to be a once in a lifetime trip has turned into so many amazing Disney vacations.

Me personally, it was CR back in 73. Still want to go back there.
As for our family, it was Poly and it was just okay and have not been back.

Have only been twice (third trip scheduled for Nov 2020). First trip was a multi-generational family trip. We stayed at Saratoga Springs which had 2 room suites that worked out great for us. Nice resort. Very quiet and relaxing. Second visit was just my daughter and I and we stayed at Pop Century. Was fine for that trip. We had no issues. Nov trip, we are staying a Wilderness Lodge Very excited!

Our first stay was at the Poly - which in '77 was the less expensive venue available between the Contemporary and Disney Hotel (? - which is now Fields of Green). We returned to the Poly when a portion of it was converted to the vacation club.

We honeymooned at the Vacation Villas, which were kind of the overflow for the Treehouses back in '79, and has been renovated into Saratoga Springs - with a brief stint as the Disney Institute. Our view was the Empress Lily, which became Fultons Crab House and is now Paddlefish. We have stayed at Saratoga several times since.

When we first took the kids we stayed in the Fort Wilderness Cabins, which was wonderful with 3 kids = lots of room. Our first Disney Hotel with the kids was Dixie Landings Alligator Bayou, because it slept 5 with a trundle, which is now called Riverside at Port Orleans. We never return to either place, although we stayed one at Port Orleans French Quarter.

First was Polynesian quite a while ago...30+ years.. I wouldn't say it's a favorite. My favorites at this point, having been to Disney 30+ times over almost 40 years, are AKL, WL, BWI, CSR, POFQ, and POR. If I'm going more than 2 weeks a year, I'll stay at one of the mods every time. If I'm only going two separate weeks in a year, then 1 mod and 1 deluxe. Since I tend to get AP now, i dont usually go less than 2 weeks since it wouldn't be worth the AP.

On my first Disney trip, I camped at Fort Wilderness. My first resort stay was at CBR. I’d love to camp at the Fort again. It’s a special place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter