What was your first resort?

It would have been the Contemporary back in 1992. I remember loving the arcade they had and enjoyed watching the monorail go through the resort. I also remember eating at Chef Mickey's in Disney Village Marketplace (I believe that is now Disney Springs) for my birthday. That was the last time I stayed there and would love to stay again for WDW 50th. DW has never stayed, so once those rack rates open up for 2021, I will be on the lookout.

1998, All Star Music. I was 8. There was a frog that was outside of our room almost every night. I loved it.

I haven’t stayed there again- we did Caribbean Beach in 2002, Wilderness Lodge in 2007, and Pop in 2019. We have plans to stay in All Star Movies in May.

We always stayed at the Polynesian when I was a child, and I always loved it. We honeymooned at Wilderness Lodge, and the first resort we took our first child to was POFQ. They are all “firsts” for different reasons! I haven’t stayed at the Poly since 1986. I just can’t justify the cost!!! We love POFQ and stay there often!

Dixie Landings (Riverside) back in the 90's.

Ours too! We had stayed a couple of times before, but either at an off-site campground or hotel. It was our first on-site resort and it was magical. I remember having some sort of "charge card" or something where my sister and I would go get food at the food court and it would get charged back to the room. We thought it was incredible because we didn't have to pay, never realizing the obvious.

I also seem to remember there was some voucher or ticket for the buses? It was our first time ever using the transportation system other than the monorails. I also remember going to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time since we had gone to River Country way back in the day (quick aside: one of the times we went to Disney back in the early 80's we put on sunscreen every single day except the day we went to River Country because my dad was tired of putting it in and of course everyone got fried).

My very first was the contemporary but I was a baby so obv don’t remember. My first as a child that I remember was Dixie Landings. My first trip back as an adult with my husband, kids and parents was BLT. I wanted to raise the bar for our first trip together but now my daughter says she doesn’t want to try any other hotels. We are in the early stages of Nov 2021 planning and now that they know what to expect everyone has an opinion. She wants the one “that the subway goes through”. 😳

POFQ. We loved it. We haven't stayed there since, but have stayed at POR a few times and also really liked it. The past several trips have been to POP, which we also like.

AKL before it became Jambo House. It was also our first investment in DVC which we only added to last year after 9 years (and 10 years after our first visit!). 💗🦒🦓🦌🦩💗

CBR in 1996 for DD’s 1st trip at 1 yr. I actually stayed there 1 night myself in February before transferring with dd now 25 to RR(I changed flight last minute).

I have stayed there on and off the over the years, we had lots of great trips there.

I have stayed at all but SSR. Someday maybe,

CBR in 2009. I really enjoyed my stay there. My kids loved the poolWe had stayed offsite before then.

Did CBR again in 2011 but haven’t been back since. It holds a special place in my heart though.

Our first (and second) stay was at Port Orleans French Quarter back in 2008 (and 2010). Then after a six year hiatus from WDW, I did my College Program so Pop Century became our new go to.

However, last August our flight home got canceled so we were stuck in Orlando for two extra days. We ended up back at POFQ and it felt like a homecoming for us. We spent so much time at the pool, walking around the grounds (we found our first ever WDW resort room), and just soaking it all in. It's so relaxing there that I just love it.

My first trip in 1995, we stayed at All-Star Sports, then we stayed a couple nights at Disney's Village Resort. Since then we've stayed at Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge, All-Star Movies, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West, Swan, Dolphin, and Pop Century.

our first visit in 2012 we stayed at POFQ. This was a trip with my three daughters and I (teenagers at the time) and my 2 brothers and their families were there also. We stayed there several times after that.
Then, my oldest daughter and I went for her college graduation and we stayed at AKL. She didn't love it but I did. My next trip was just DH and I and again we stayed at POFQ. But every trip since then save a couple we have stayed at AKL. We love it. so much so that we bought DVC there.

We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge and then Copper Creek in 80 days then back to AKL in September :)

Contemporary, in one of the garden wings. This was back in 1996 or 1997 when I was 6 or 7 years old. I still have pictures from the beach area there.

As a child, my first stay was at Polynesian. I do not remember much but enjoyed it, and yes I have stayed there as an adult.
As an adult my first visit was two resorts. Pop Century, which we disliked so much that on day 2 we moved over to Wilderness Lodge. We would not go back to Pop. Wilderness Lodge I absolutely love and now is always my first choice if the price is right.

AKL with the kids in 2011. Loved it and will be staying there again in July. In between we tried POR to cut back on costs but I guess I felt deluxe was worth it for us because I can't wait to get back to AKL and are considering buying into DVC to visit more often.

AoA in 2016. Our son was 7, and obsessed with the movie Cars. I booked a Cars Suite, when we walked into "Radiator Springs", he was speechless. There's only 3 of us. We really didn't need the suite, but it was his first visit, we weren't sure we would be back :rotfl2: and I wanted to make that first trip super memorable.

We haven't stayed at AoA again, but it is favorite. We've been to POFQ x 2, AKL and CBR (with the Skyliner).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter