What was your favorite experience at Be Our Guest?

Genie+

You can never spend enough
DH and I just finished mapping out our ADRs and WDW itinerary. BoG came up and the kids remembered how impressed they were on our first visit. Back then we ordered lunch from the quick service kiosk and picked a table to sit. Magically the cart knew where were sitting and arrived with our order.

What is your favorite memory from Be Our Guest?

DH and I just finished mapping out our ADRs and WDW itinerary. BoG came up and the kids remembered how impressed they were on our first visit. Back then we ordered lunch from the quick service kiosk and picked a table to sit. Magically the cart knew where were sitting and arrived with our order.

I still don’t know how they did that…
I’d say the onion soup and the French dip sandwich. Both awesome. Glad I got to try the grey stuff, too. Not bad at all.

I'm not sure how they did that either. I miss the breakfast a lot! Loved lunch their too. We still haven't had dinner there but may try next trip.

My favorite memory is really more of a favorite outcome. My family was seated at a corner table in the Rose room that was next to a large party of 12-14 people. We were happy to be seated and relaxing but after approximately 20 minutes, we realized no servers came to our table. I had to look for a manager and he was very apologetic. I'm sure the waiter was stressed, but he said he thought we were with the large party. That was strange because we watched him serve that table, and if we were part of the large party, he'd have taken our orders too. We didn't make a fuss and thought it was pretty funny. We still reminisce about it at times. The manager came over with two anytime FPs for us to use at any ride, including SDMT. We were also given a free dessert.

The french dip was great, and the soup! Miss them and their 2017 prices-
1662851464403.jpeg
The breakfast was wonderful. Always felt magical. WDW at its best!

Getting seated next to the Christmas tree and having fun spotting character ornaments from Beauty and the Beast. When we tired of that momentarily, we simply watched the snow falling outside.

Unfortunately, the food was not nearly as memorable but for some pretty good French onion soup.

being able to get into the park early for a breakfast and being allowed to ride SDMT twice before the park officially opened. The turkey sandwich at lunch . The grey stuff.

This price fixe set up is insane and beyond justification. It's dark inside. Sure, the ceiling is neat and the Beast is cute to see but we have two teens and two 11 year olds that are picky eaters . I can't even consider every going back there.

I went with my family to Be Our Guest for the first time yesterday and thought it was mediocre at best. We had 4 sit down meals in our two days at Disney, and it was, by far, the worst.
We ate at Chefs de France the night before and it was cheaper, better French food, with a more enjoyable ambiance.
We ate at Chef Mickeys for breakfast, and while the food is nothing to write home about, the characters make up for it.
We ate at California Grill and while more expensive, the location, service, and quality of food made it a perfect night.
The food at Be Our Guest was fine, but wasn’t 250 dollars for a family of four good. We were seated in the main hall in the table closest to the entrance. If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have known the theming was Beauty and the Beast. We went to peak at the other two rooms which were much better themed. The Beast made what seemed like a 15 second appearance from a distance. I'd argue that Gaston's Tavern offers a better experience, with better theming, and better food.

I went with my family on Monday at 10:30 AM, when they were serving both lunch and the breakfast menu. It was our first time and I loved the dark, elegant, spacious and relaxing ambiance. Our waitress was so nice and the chef accommodated multiple food allergies. Enjoy!

A few years back when the beast was still doing a M&G. Got a great family photo with our son and daughter. And the meal was very good.

My favorite "Be Our Guest" experience was dining there for the first time during soft opening. You could feel how excited everyone was (including the servers) to be inside of the "Beauty and the Beast" ballroom. One father and his little daughter actually did an impromptu waltz in.

I still don’t know how they did that…
I’d say the onion soup and the French dip sandwich. Both awesome. Glad I got to try the grey stuff, too. Not bad at all.

RFID chip(like a "GPS") in that little flower puck they gave you.

We also always preferred the QS breakfast and lunch there. And we sorely miss the QS lunch.

Not sure I could name one. We ate lunch there back when it was the older individual menu. I recall standing in line in a long/stuffy hallway before getting to those kiosks to order our food. The Disney people seemed annoyed everyone was taking so long to place their order, but it was a complicated set of menus that most had never seen before. Service is a rather odd hodge/podge of TS & QS, you get your own silverware & beverage then find a table. They bring you the food when it is ready. Thought the food was very average and not really sure why some seem so impressed by the decor.

With that new pricey fixed menu we have ZERO intentions to ever eat there again.

When they used to serve breakfast, I think many found it a way to 'game' the park opening time to get early access to a popular ride nearby. They no longer serve breakfast. I think any park restaurant serving breakfast shouldn't allow people other park access until the park actually opens. That would eliminate the 'game playing' regarding early park breakfasts.

Last edited:
Not sure I could name one. We ate lunch there back when it was the older individual menu. I recall standing in line in a long/stuffy hallway before getting to those kiosks to order our food. The Disney people seemed annoyed everyone was taking so long to place their order, but it was a complicated set of menus that most had never seen before. Service is a rather odd hodge/podge of TS & QS, you get your own silverware & beverage then find a table. They bring you the food when it is ready. Thought the food was very average and not really sure why some seem so impressed by the decor.

With that new pricey fixed menu we have ZERO intentions to ever eat there again.

When they used to serve breakfast, I think many found it a way to 'game' the park opening time to ride a popular ride nearby. They no longer serve breakfast. I think any park restaurant serving breakfast shouldn't allow people other park access until the park actually opens. That would eliminate the 'game playing' regarding early park breakfasts.
Now there is early entry everyday i dont think it would matter tbh

Really hard to beat the excitement before and during the first visit. Walking in was so impressive, the ballroom was stunning and we sat close to the big windows with snow falling. Continued to be our favorite seats. (Loved our stops in the West Wing but it was too hard to find seats there.)

The cart arriving TOO COOL! Smart operation move, and magic for the guests.

I think after that I'd say ...
DS did one of the Dining with an Imagineer, the one in charge of all New Fantasyland. Shared lots about BOG but the one was the cherubs faces on the ceiling, the faces were babies of the designers. Each visit we couldn't help but look at all the faces.

Last edited:
Of all the WDW places we’ve repeatedly dined, BoG holds the crown for how many different magic memories I can still vividly remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter