What was the renewal price for the Disney Sorcerer pass when it came out?

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
DH and I previously had Gold APs with our DVC but then when the APs were changed, we then renewed for the new the Sorcerer pass..

I found online what the "new" purchase price is/was (who knows if they'll change anything when AP sales resume) but does anyone remember what the renewal price for the Sorcerer pass was/is?

Its pretty bad I can't remember what I paid... :rolleyes1 🙄 ...

I read recently that the renewal price for Sorcerer is $764. Can’t remember where I found it but it was a reliable source! :p

YIKES! I believe that when I renewed my Gold pass (for 2) it was like roughly $1,200 and now I'm looking at over $1,600 - even though I'm sure that I paid that when I renewed for this year!

:scared1:

our passes expires in mid-October so I'm trying to decide if it's better for DH and I just to buy tickets for our October 22 trip if we don't plan on going back again until after Oct. 23...

it looks like if you renew, you're only saving less than $100/per AP ticket, right?

QUESTION: If I don't renew my AP, and then we decide to buy APs later in the future, will my renewal date will change to the new date when I buy APs again? Or will it revert back to my original AP date even though I let them lapse?

YIKES! I believe that when I renewed my Gold pass (for 2) it was like roughly $1,200 and now I'm looking at over $1,600 - even though I'm sure that I paid that when I renewed for this year!

:scared1:

our passes expires in mid-October so I'm trying to decide if it's better for DH and I just to buy tickets for our October 22 trip if we don't plan on going back again until after Oct. 23...

it looks like if you renew, you're only saving less than $100/per AP ticket, right?

QUESTION: If I don't renew my AP, and then we decide to buy APs later in the future, will my renewal date will change to the new date when I buy APs again? Or will it revert back to my original AP date even though I let them lapse?
If you " RENEW" your AP it starts when your last AP expired. If you buy a "NEW" AP the date starts when you 1st use it.

If you " RENEW" your AP it starts when your last AP expired. If you buy a "NEW" AP the date starts when you 1st use it.
GREAT! so if we chose to not renew it later this year and then we decide to get a new AP, (even though we'll be paying a higher price), we'll have a new renewal date since we'll be buying "new" again.

Thanks!

Just did mine yesterday. Went from gold to sorcerer and they were $813 and some change each. We did not do photopass.

GREAT! so if we chose to not renew it later this year and then we decide to get a new AP, (even though we'll be paying a higher price), we'll have a new renewal date since we'll be buying "new" again.

Thanks!
That's correct. But something to keep in mind (which might not matter when you re-purchase), they are not selling new APs right now. Only renewals.

Thanks!

Correct. What you risk is that AP sales could be suspended and you are then out of luck if you did not renew within those 30 days.

Just keep that in mind. It’s why I will be renewing all the time now…as It’s not worth the risk.

Correct. What you risk is that AP sales could be suspended and you are then out of luck if you did not renew within those 30 days.

Just keep that in mind. It’s why I will be renewing all the time now…as It’s not worth the risk.

We were not sure about renewing at this time, but with the pause still being on the AP purchase we also decided to bite the bullet and just renew now even though we aren't going until May at the earliest.

This is how my thought process went for my October passes. I don't want to be locked out completely of APs, so guess that choice is made.

We were not sure about renewing at this time, but with the pause still being on the AP purchase we also decided to bite the bullet and just renew now even though we aren't going until May at the earliest.
Last year our renewal window was mid-October but they actually let us pay the renewal in April just because I was being anxious about getting park reservations. I do believe a few months after that they stopped allowing renewals so early and went back to the 30 day window. :headache:

It still feels odd to me that for our Oct trip I technically don't have tickets...ugh...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter