What was the last thing you had delivered?

Pulse Oximeter. Had been saying I wanted to have one at home. Covidacation for me and DH made me get one. 97-98 saturation, yay!

I would love to see pics when the ornaments are done.
As for the last thing I got via mail? Wooden spoons, smart plugs (for making turning Christmas lights off and on a breeze) and an instant pot.

For me, I had wood delivered to make ornaments. Husband had parts delivered for my jeep, and my teenage daughter bought gaming equipment.

What do these do?
Apple Cider capsules

I miss B&B for Christmas, but they tear my hands apart.
A few Bath and Body Works products - Vanilla Bean Noel body lotion and confetti body scrub.

Ok fellow bibliophile - share. =)
What books did you get?
3 new books! For me. Because I wanted them.

Dude - same.
Amazon almost every other day.

When did this start happening again? We were doing so well there for a while, now I can't find Charmin anywhere again... my delicate bits are not going to be having a happy holiday.

A case of toilet paper!

Do you mind if I ask what went wrong? Just random curiosity as we really love this service.

I’m not the OP, but, after our last experience w/ Instacart, I swore never again. Whether or not I’ll be able to hold to that or not, we’ll see.

WARNING... long story ahead!

Even though there’s a crazy high markup w/ Instacart, I’ve used them before, &, while there have been occasional mixups, it’s been mostly fine. And I appreciate the convenience of having groceries delivered to me.

When the pandemic began, one of our local grocery stores started curb-side service similar to Walmart. I like Publix better, but, because this particular grocery store offers curbside, I’ve been doing all our big grocery orders through them.

Publix now offers curb-side as well, but it’s through Instacart - which means there’s a pretty significant markup on all the products. So, since the other local grocery store does curbside & only charges a $5.00 convenience fee, that’s what we‘ve been using.

Anyway...

In July/August, we rented a condo on the beach. We didn’t want to go out to eat due to the pandemic. The beach-town to which we were traveling has Publix, so, on the drive down, I went ahead.& did a Instacart service for curbside pickup for after we got to the condo & got checked in. Everything went fine.

We stayed about 10 days, &, mid-way through our stay, we had to switch condos due to the condo availability. So, we checked out of one condo, packed up all our stuff, & then hung out on the beach until check-in time of the next condo. Knowing that we were going to have check-out & then check-in, we had planned our groceries & meals accordingly - so that we wouldn’t have to try to keep food cold while we waited to check in to the 2nd condo.

So I did another Instacart for curbside pickup for after we had gotten settled in again. I placed my order that morning around 9:30 am for an early evening pickup (6:00 pm).

Well, about 15 minutes before our scheduled pick-up time, I got a text message from Instacart saying that, due to the volume of orders, my order had been delayed & I wouldn’t be able to get it until the afternoon of the next day... After the initial confirmation, that was the only notification I received.

Because we weren’t going to any restaurants, I had stuff for dinner that day & breakfast the next morning in my order.... so we kinda needed it that evening & NOT the next day. Even though we were trying to stay out of grocery stores, my husband & I decided we’d just go ahead shop the order ourselves.

However, when I tried to call & cancel my order, I couldn’t cancel the order because it had already been processed. The poor manager at Publix was willing to shop the order himself for me, but, due to the Instacart procedures, he couldn’t.

I talked to a few different people at Instacart & finally got someone who was able to cancel the order, but, because they had apparently already charged my card even though the order hadn’t been shopped, they couldn’t refund my card for 7-10 business days. And to get this accomplished, I was on hold for about 45 minutes.

I‘m slightly ashamed but I went all “Karen” on the phone & swore I’d never use Instacart again.

We’re going back in a couple of weeks, & my husband asked me if I planned to try Instacart again.

I don’t know. Maybe? LOL!

Do you mind if I ask what went wrong? Just random curiosity as we really love this service.
This was back in April; many here was on lock-down and the demand for insta-cart groceries was exploding. Problem #1 - it was taking literally 7 or 8 days to get a slot for delivery. Problem #2 - my slot got changed several times and it was 9 days from the date of order until the date of delivery. Problem #3 - no matter how many times I confirmed the delivery arrangements, which were to be to my office during business hours, the driver did not arrive. I got a call at home at 6:30 pm asking where I wanted the stuff dropped since the office was locked. I ended up racing over there (luckily I'm only 20 minutes away in light traffic) to pick up my groceries. Problem #4 - during the 9 days between my order and the time it was picked, several items I paid for became unavailable and there were no substitutes.

I am so sorry you had to deal with that.
And as for going "Karen" - you so didn't... everyone is entitled to demand basic good service and to call it out when we don't receive it.
It's not like you went off over it being an hour late or something.

I‘m slightly ashamed but I went all “Karen” on the phone & swore I’d never use Instacart again.

We’re going back in a couple of weeks, & my husband asked me if I planned to try Instacart again.

I don’t know. Maybe? LOL!

Ok fellow bibliophile - share. =)
What books did you get?

Books 2, 3, and 4 of the October Daye Series by Seanan McGuire. New series I found recently and loved book 1. There are 14 books so I have plenty to still enjoy over time.

A new pickleball paddle for me, and I'm not going to wait until Christmas to use it, breaking it in this week. :)

I got a bulk package of Kinder Happy Hippo snacks with the chocolate filling. I usually buy them at Epcot for stocking stuffers, but I believe the shop where they usually sell them is closed. Since there are more boxes than I usually buy, we will enjoy a few hippos for Thanksgiving while putting up the tree, and then the rest of them for Christmas. On the plus side, buying the bulk package was cheaper than buying the individual boxes, so that’s a win!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter