What was the first DLR ride/attraction you ever went on?

MissKIA

Mouseketeer
Mine was the Jungle Cruise and had no idea what to expect. I thought it was awesome!

Peter Pan! It is always my first ride now whenever we go. It was also my son's first ride when I took him for the first time also.

I would guess Dumbo. I was less than one year old (1970) and have a picture of myself on that with my Dad.

The teacups. As a kid I always thought they looked so cool so I rode that with my brother and sister on my first ever trip to Disneyland in 1977. Then my next trip was in 2003 when I took my own kids and we rode the teacups again because that was the ride my own kids picked first. Nowadays, we always ride Peter Pan first thing.

The first Disney ride ever was at Disneyland Paris and that was BTM, our first ride at Disneyland California (first visit) was IASW on our second visit it was Indiana Jones and our first ride at WDW was Splash Mountain.
Our first ride at California Adventure was California Screamin on both occasions and will probably be the same this year and it will probably be Indiana Jones again for our first ride at Disneyland.
Love Ella

Dumbo!

We arrived about 3PM on a Wednesday - and were immediately offered a ride on one of the antique cars up Main Street (as we didn't have a clue where to go or what to do) and were dropped off at the hub.

We walked through the castle into Fantasyland, asked the kids what they wanted to do first, and years and years of seeing that ride on TV made its mark and they insisted on Dumbo.

It was one of the few rides we ever queued for, and, truth be told, one of the least interesting. Next was Snow White, which started to show us how good the rides might be, then Peter Pan, which was awesome.

But it was when we did Haunted Mansion we were really blown away, and realised how amazingly good Disneyland is.

My first trip to DLR was in December 2001, and my husband and I specifically went out for the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I'm positive that was our first attraction there. Fortunately for us, we've been out there several times since, but it was the HMH that made us make our first trip.

I don't recall exactly, but I do seem to recall it being the Jungle Cruise, then Pirates (this was back in 1987 or so.) On my most recent trip, it was Soarin' over California, which is IMO one of the best ones there right now.

My first ever trip was in 76 or 77. I know I was 8 and I turned 8 in June so actually probably summer of 76. I don't remember what we rode first. Probably the train as that is my mom's favorite ride. But I DO remember my parents absolutely FREAKING me out about the haunted house and my screaming that I didn't want to go. I don't even remember if they got me to go on it.

But another ride I remember and I LOVED at the time was journey into inner space. I guess now as an adult I would think it was dumb but I loved watching everyone shrink as they went into the needle. I used to be amazed by that LOL.

I also remember mission to mars which was another dumb ride in retrospect but now it is nostalgic thinking back.

I also remember the mine trains which were where BTM is now. I thought that was neat too.

My first trip was this January. My first ride.. it's a small world holiday :-)

Wow, that is a good question. My first visit was in 1969 when I was two. I do remember riding the mules when I was about 5 and wanting to do that over and over again. And I loved Tom Sawyer's Island, but didn't like the snoring bear as you entered Bear Country.

I honestly don't know. I went when I was two for the first time also. My only clear memory is of being pushed in my stroller in the parking lot (I remember the big green hedge). I know I went on POTC because later I had nightmares about the disembodied voice in the cave. Next time I was six and my first ride was Space Mountain. I laughed the whole way through it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter