What was the first Disney movie you remember going to?

Pete's Dragon was the first Disney movie I remember. I would have been 7 or 8. And the very first movie I remember seeing was released the same year Star Wars.

I read all the replies in this list and realized I have no idea what was my first Disney movie. I'm guessing it was probably Jungle Book. I know my father enjoyed that one tremendously. He would go around the house, singing the songs and doing the part of Baloo. I think that stuck with me more than actually seeing the movie at the time.

I was two when my mom took me to see my first movie. It was Snow White. I remember that we sat on the right side of the aisle, and that I was eating a box of jujubes. The color of the candies is what had enticed me to select that brand. My little jaws worked very hard to eat the chewy candies, and I remember wishing that I had selected chocolate instead.

Shortly after Snow White, the cinema became a "dirty movie theater," as my mom described it.

The first movie I remember was Beauty and the Beast and its still my favorite.

I don't know if it was Snow White or Pinocchio. I remember my aunt taking me with my cousins when I was younger. I remember seeing Bambi but I think that was after both of those.

I didn't go to the movies but we did have one of the original Micky Mouse films. We would have movie night and that would be one of the warm ups.
tigercat

My parents took me to see Hercules when I was almost three. I wouldn't sit still in the theatre so my dad and I only saw about ten minutes total.

Mary Poppins in the first few weeks after it opened in 1964. I was 7. We were downtown and my dad's car broke down on a 100+ degree day. Mom and I went into the air conditioned theater to watch the movie while we waited for the car to be fixed.

My aunt took me to see The Apple Dumpling Gang when it first came out.

It was Dumbo, in the mid 1950's, at a drive-in theater. Since this was in Houston, they had a pickup truck driving around fogging for mosquitoes, that went in front of us every 10 minutes or so. I spent so much time with my mom holding a wet washrag over my face (I have NO idea why) that when the movie was over, I didn't really know what it was about. I think that was the first and last Disney movie they ever took me to.

Must have been a re-release of Pinocchio in the movie theatre. I didn't see it it in 1940 when it came out...I wasn't born yet...neither were my parents.

I don't remember. There was a local theater that played Disney movies every Tuesday or Wednesday night in the summer, so we went all the time. Most of the ones I remember were live action movies like Love Bug, Escape to Witch Mountain and The Strongest Man in the World.

Mary Poppins.

My grandpa, grandma and great aunt came to take just me to the movies, and I didn't want to go. (I was 4, and wasn't used to going places without my parents or my older brother) My great aunt bribed me with a whole roll of Wild Cherry Lifesavers, so I went. (at that point, I was second oldest of five, so having that much candy was cool) And ended up loving it. I remember telling my 2 yr old brother she slid up a banister. Since we lived on the 4th floor of a walk-up apartment (no elevator) we wished we could do that too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter