What was the first character meal you ever attended?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I just realized that every character meal I attended on our first two trips no longer exists. Minnie's Menehune, Melvin the Moose, Empress Lily, one whose name I don't even remember at a now-defunct Contemporary restaurant, etc. So what was the first one you ever attended?

I’ve never even hear of Melvin the Moose...?!? Tell us more, pics if you can!

Our first character meal was CRT, on our first trip in 2008, and my DS4 got lipstick kisses from all the princesses 😍. He wouldn’t let me wash his face all day!

Back in the 90s 1900 park fare breakfest with Mary Poppins, not sure if it is still there or not

Sadly Chef Mickey's. It was crica 1998 and sadly the food wasn't any better then.

At Artist Point it was breakfast with Goofy, Mickey and Chip & Dale

I’ve never even hear of Melvin the Moose...?!? Tell us more, pics if you can!

Sorry, no pictures, but it was held in Pioneer Hall (I think that's the name), the same place as the Hoop de Due. Servers were all dressed country-style, just like the Hoop de Due. The main character, Melvin, was on the wall, kind of like the wall at Country Bear Jamboree. And someone had the "great" idea of giving out kazoos to all the kids-can you imagine? And we all had to sing along or play to some song. And the main thing I remember is that when Melvin first showed up, he was asleep, and we all had to yell loudly, "Wake Up, you silly moose!"
For some reason, when we got on the bus to go back to our Trailer Home, the bus driver announced "Now, you kids make sure you keep your kazoos safely in your pocket, or Mom and Dad's pocket".🤫 I can just imagine how many kazoos he had heard.

Our first was the character seafood buffet at Garden Grove at the Swolphin. That was 2018 and as you can tell we are late to the party! My family could never afford table service as my parents scraped together everything just to get us to DW in the first case but now I'm married and out and it is 20 years later its been a luxury we could finally all do together!
Btw I don't know whether it's still available but it really was a lovely meal!

Our first character breakfast at WDW was a Sunday Brunch on the Empress Lily. (now Paddlefish). We were staying at a hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd. I cant remember what chain hotel it was then but now it’s The B Resort.
Our oldest daughters first disney trip, she was not yet 2 yrs old - just shy of. So 1983

Last edited:
Crystal Palace dinner.

my XH has been to Disney every year as a kid but never ate on property They would drive from NJ, stay at a timeshare place where his parents would do the meeting to stay cheaply, buy tickets on the side of road and pack food and eat in their car when they went to the parks. After our first trip of staying with family and eating QS or offsite we went for trip #2. For this trip we were staying at a timeshare place. I found the dis about a month before we left. I discovered character meals! I had no idea they existed. I booked CP (he loves WtP and even named his brother Christopher due to the show) in hopes that if I lured him in we could have an on-site stay the following year.

Well it worked. He agreed to stay on property with DDP. I booked CP again along with other meals.

We’re divorced now but neither of us will stay off property now.

Not sure which was first. But early ones I remember was Mickey in the empress lily in downtown Disney. I’m thinking my son was about 2, so that’s be ‘95 ish.
And we ve always done crystal palace.
Many wonderful memories

Ours was breakfast with Minnie at the Plaza Inn at Disneyland.
We are looking forward to our first WDW character meal with the princesses at Akershus.

Farmer Mickey at Garden Grill. We just always ate QS and dh really doesn't like the idea of buffets during flu season (we like to go in Jan/Feb). We loved it. Planning on going back w/ all 4 kids and the granddaughter Thanksgiving 2021. So I'm thinking we'll do CP or Th for princesses depending on what the GD is into

Our only character meal was the Crystal Palace dinner with Pooh and fiends. We aren't big buffet fans but who can resist Pooh. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter