What was/is your first dance song and father/daugther dance? I need suggestions

Thanks for all of the ideas ladies, haha! Thanks to the OP for posting this, too! :goodvibes
I'm only about a month into planning and we haven't gotten as far as songs,
but here are some ideas i've had:
First Dance: "The Very Thought of You," "So Happy Together," "God Only Knows," "You're In My Heart, You're In My Soul" (DF would kill if I make him dance to country songs for our first dance, haha)
For my daddy/daughter I am thinking that "I Loved Her First" is a good song. Or "In my daughter's eyes". I'm also considering "Landslide". And of course, "Butterfly Kisses".
Another good one that I am not considering is "Daddy's Hands".
Mother/son I am not sure about since my DF and his mom are not super-close so I have no idea what kind of song he will want (clearly I'm about sappy, haha). Probably a generic nice song. Or a Disney song. They are both passionate about Disney.
For the last dance I think I'll give in to Disney and go with "We Go On" - the ending song from Illuminations. I am such a sap for that song. or.... "Save the Last Dance for Me". just cute.
Ok enough. I am now scouring the net for dance song recommendations - ay yi yi....

First Dance - Can You Feel the Love Tonight from Lion King
Father/Daughter - In Your Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBryde

We're dancing to Come Home to You by John Michael Montgomery... It fits us perfectly and I've never heard of anyone else having it as they're song. :goodvibes

We had 2 first dances....Together as One by Stryper and Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd. My Dad and I danced to Butterfly Kisses, and DH and his mom danced to Mama Come Quick....I forget who sings it....maybe Collin Raye....think early-mid 90's country...It's a perfect Mother son song

From This Moment - Shania Twain
was our first dance.
This is what I looked like when I danced to the ballad: :yay:

I'm really torn for the father/daughter dance:

I Loved Her First
My Little Girl (Tim McGraw)

Both make me ball!

Our first dance is going to be "At Last" by Etta James. Father/Daughter dance is "I Loved Her First" by Heartland, and then Mother/Son dance is "Through The Years" by Kenny Rogers.

Our first dance was "Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler (from The Wedding Singer")

We wanted something cute, short, and "us"

I thought I would add a bit of silly fun to this tread. When I was looking into using Better Together by Jack Johnson as our first dance, I stumbled upon this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nie9lKPifg . It's fantastic!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I love it!!!, it made me grin from ear to ear, what a cool thing to do.
I really like the idea of Better together as a first dance ( without the michael jackson add on! )
at the moment, I couldnt even tell you all what we've picked for our first dance, all I can remember is that it was a slow one from Disney's list, which makes me think, it's not the song for us LOL.
We are following (whatever slow one we decide on) with "I'm a believer" and want everyone else to join us for a jump around ( there will only be 8 of us altogether! )

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I love it!!!, it made me grin from ear to ear, what a cool thing to do.
I really like the idea of Better together as a first dance ( without the michael jackson add on! )

Good. I'm glad someone else got as much of a kick out of this as I did. Seriously, that couple must have had a really fun reception. And is it just me or does it seem like the groom is even more into it than the bride? Hahaha! I think the whole thing might have been his idea. I love that.

Yes, we have decided to use Better Together (nix the MJ) as our first dance and I'm happy that it works so well.

DH and I Danced to "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw and I dance w/ my dad to "Tiny Bubbles" -- I can't remember who sings that... A hawaiian guy. Not the typical father/daughter dance, but he used to play the ukelali (I know that is spelled wrong) and sing that to me when I was small. While we were dancing, some of the guest blew bubbles in our direction (one of our party favors).

Our first dance was "If I Never Knew You" .. it's from the Pocohantas credits.... but we picked the version done by Michael Crawford and Sherie Rene Scott.

My DF and I are on the song selection part now as we only have about a month to go. It was nice to read this thread and I believe I got two ideas for songs because we were pretty stumped not to mention since she is making allot of the invites she put me in charge of the majority of the music.

From reading this I think our last song will be What a Wonderful World and the mother/son song will be I Hope You Dance.

We are using 'Candle on the water' from Pete's Dragon for our first dance.

my df has made it quite clear that he doesn't want dancing. i was clear on that idea as well...but now i've changed my mind...so i'm starting the sales process...

this is what i want
our dance- at last by etta james OR moon river by henry mancini

i don't know what other songs i'd want..."our song" is "if you're not the one" by daniel bedingfield...

so the sales process begins...

Well, we had some difficulty deciding on a first dance song for us, and ended up compromising. At the Disney cake & champagne reception, we are going to do "Unchained Melody" for the first dance, since we both really like it, it was one that was already on the Disney list, and we think it will sound really nice on just the violin. At our at home reception, though, we are going to do "Can I Have This Dance" for the first dance.

The rest... well we won't be doing really any other special dances at the at home reception - my family won't be at that one anyway.

At the Disney c&c, we plan to do the father/ daughter and the mother/son.

For the mother/son, it will be "I Hope You Dance".

For the father/daughter, I went very non-traditional. We're doing "Peg O' My Heart". It's an old Irish love song. We're part Irish - in fact, the Irish isn't too far back in the family line. My great-great grandfather came over from Ireland. My dad could actually petition for Irish citizenship if he wanted to. He's been to Ireland twice, and loves it. And the song is one that he really likes, and I learned to play it on the piano when I was young because he liked it. So it has special meaning for us, even if it isn't exactly a father/daughter song per se. Also, I think it will sound beautiful on the violin. I think it will be a nice surprise for my Dad.

At our reception (9/23/07) we used " A whole New World" the movie version as our son
Father/Daughter was " Hey Old Pal" by John Denver and the Muppets
Mother/ Son "Wind Beneathmy Wings" by Bette Midler

I did not want a slow dance with my father it is just not the kind of people we are (emotional)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter