What was first 45, Album or what ever was your first you owned

It may very well have been I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family.

First album was definitely The Partridge Family, too! 👊🏻

We had a tiny little store nearby that just sold records. It was so much fun to go in, buy it brand new in a little cover, then take it home and play it over and over! Lol

I had a number of story and kid records growing up, but my first REAL album was Harlequin's One False Move, which was a gift to me from my cousin, who worked in a radio station. (That means it was likely top of the charts and super hot at the time...ha ha!) It was also the first cassette tape that I owned. I still think the album art was great, all these years later.

There were two. I got them for a birthday present along with a little portable record player when I turned six. Sheb Wooley's Purple People Eater and David Seville's (Ross Bagdasarian's) The Witch Doctor.

ppe.jpg 558026

See the source image
This was my first record player! My brother and I had a bunch of kid records and we played them all the time. I remember them mainly being Disney and my favorites were Pooh, Davy Crockett, and Zorro. DH said and his sister had the exact same one. Besides that we didn't have any of our own music and just listened to the radio or watched MTV (early 80's).

When we were in elementary school we moved to Saudi Arabia and there were stores in town that sold cassette tapes for the equivalent of about $2. We'd save our money up to buy them because over there you couldn't hear any American artists and there certainly wasn't MTV! The first one I bought was Madonna and my brother's was Bon Jovi. Good times...

I don't remember the first cassette but the first 2 CDs I bought were Metallica-Ride The Lightning and Motley Crew-Shout At The Devil.

First 45 -was Bridge over Trouble Waters, and I thought I was getting Simon and Garfunkles verson but when I got it home found out Buck Owens sang it, I still played it over and over

First Album - Was a Partridge Family album, my favorite group and tv show at the time

Two 45s bought the same day. John Denver- Take Me Home Country Roads and Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down.

My first album was later given to me by my Uncle for Christmas: Jim Croce - Life and Times

Never owned 45s. My first albums were given as gifts; The Monkees and The Beatles "Help", After getting my first paycheck, first album purchased was "Closer to Home" by Grand Funk Railroad.

I cannot remember what my first 45 was. I know I had a couple, but cannot remember.

My first album was actually my sisters that she didn't want and gave it to me. Oh, I listened to this all the time. It took me a while to find the album on a google search. When I saw it, I beamed! :teeth: Took me right back. Thanks, @low-key for starting off my morning with a smile.

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.50.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.50.29 AM.png

Other than kiddie records, my first album was by Bobby Sherman, a gift. I likely bought his second album with birthday or Christmas gift money.

I can’t recall my first 45.

My first album with money I earned was Rumours by Fleetwood Mac.

My first CD was Talking Heads Fear of Music to replace my worn out vinyl copy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter