What view did you book at Aulani and were you happy with it?

Can anyone comment on good island garden view rooms? We have a 2 bedroom dedicated. I will post and read more on the big Aulani thread too. I'm sure there will be someone there with experience with island garden view.

So excited and so glad everything is working out!!!

That sounds great!!

We are in Island Garden View category at Christmas time. From looking at the Aulini Villas and Views thread it seems like the best views in that category are down the long hall of the Ewa bldg- higher floors. You get a nice view of Starlit Hui as well as being able to see the ocean, all for less points.

I had 813, ocean view 1br. (view photo posted on wdrl's thread). For me, it was a disappointing view. IMO, a partial ocean view at best. I wasn't too upset about it since at the time they were refunding 2 nights worth of points due to construction (which wasn't all that bad).

They did have an open house in a unit that had a great ocean view which made my view all the more disappointing. For me, I don't think I'll book ocean view again. It'll either be pool view or island view, but not standard view.

Cinderpamela said:
That sounds great!!

We are in Island Garden View category at Christmas time. From looking at the Aulini Villas and Views thread it seems like the best views in that category are down the long hall of the Ewa bldg- higher floors. You get a nice view of Starlit Hui as well as being able to see the ocean, all for less points.

Is that how you worded your request? High floor down long hall of Ewa building? I am still bummed about the island gardens view. I need to take more time to look through the views thread, I'm just having a hard time picturing an appealing island gardens view.

dvc_john said:
I had 813, ocean view 1br. (view photo posted on wdrl's thread). For me, it was a disappointing view. IMO, a partial ocean view at best. I wasn't too upset about it since at the time they were refunding 2 nights worth of points due to construction (which wasn't all that bad).

They did have an open house in a unit that had a great ocean view which made my view all the more disappointing. For me, I don't think I'll book ocean view again. It'll either be pool view or island view, but not standard view.

I would definitely be upset if I spent ocean view points for a less than stellar view. I wonder if they need to re classify some of the rooms at Aulani.

So from the looks of it that was in the Waianea Building, right? Seems like those ocean view rooms in that building just aren't always as good as the ocean views in the Ewa tower. Though from the looks of it you probably had a great sunset view?

We were in Waianea for our trip last August and had a poolview studio room that was great (#504). I think for our December trip with the Island view 1 bedroom category I will definitely request the Ewa building.

What is better for an ocean view the ewa tower or the other tower. I was pretty sure room 1204 was a good view?? Should I request something else?

#1204 has a great view! In fact for our stay last August we were in 504- so 7 floors down from that same view and we loved it. In the other thread on Aulani Villas and Views you had mentioned the sunset... you will not get the sunset view from the side that #1204 is on. If your ok with no sunset then 1204, or any of the rooms around it, are great. From 1204 you will not be able to see the Marriot as it is on the other side of that tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter