What 'unusual' thing is sold out at your supermarket?

Just got back from shopping and was surprised at how un-crazy it was. Basically no lines at registers and stores were largely stocked

Little to no toilet paper or Lysol whips.

Main thing I wanted that they were out of was ground turkey - they had decent amount of beef but cleared out of poultry. Also frozen veggies were empty and sugar was basically out. Other than that basically everything was there - just maybe not as many options

Did find the ground turkey at a local / smaller grocery store

All in all I was expecting much worse given the number of confirmed cases in my area (in New York, just north of the City) .... Maybe here all the crazy shopping happened a few days ago and now getting back to normal 🤷‍♂️

WV representin’ here! Where there are NO confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our state as I type this. Yesterday. I searched high and low for toilet paper, we seriously just needed some tp, had 1 roll left. Finally found some at a new Dollar General that was built in the middle of nowhere that had just opened Monday. Pretty busy place, had a decent selection of TP when I arrived. I grabbed two regular size packs as we usually buy the bigger sizes and lasts for two weeks. Walked around to check some thing out, circled back around maybe 10 minutes later to the tp aisle and it was ALL GONE! Went on a Walmart run this morning to get a new vacuum cleaner. No milk, no eggs, no fresh produce, no juice, and of course no tp, paper towels, Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, hand soap and rubbing alcohol. Meat, water, and canned goods were running low. Population in our county; 33,000 ppl.

Our Costco wasn’t bad except for toilet paper. Kroger was a different story. Among the “usual” things - ramen, canned foods, frozen vegetables, milk, eggs, pasta, water, rice, soap (except for Dove soap. No one touched that), soup (except for clam chowder. No one touched THAT)... All of the men’s razor blades were sold out? None of the women’s blades, and none of the shaving cream.

Meats, potatoes, fruits and vegetables are all gone. Hopefully they have a deep freeze, because meat don't keep long term.

On the opposite side of things, no one has touched my Lean Cuisine Frozen Four Cheese Pizzas. I guess I am the only one who eats those things.

DH could not get me some Diet Dr. Pepper this morning on his way home....he found enough Coke and Diet Coke. No luck on tp/paper towels at 8 am.
I used Publix/Instacart and lots of brown rice (frozen and dry,uncooked), Hershey nuggets that were bogo (got 1 for the emergency stash), and mini key lime pie for today---no tp in the store of any type.
I have not replenish our no salt added black beans and no salt added beans due to no stock left for the past 3 weeks and the low sodium versions still have a lot in them.

Monday was good on meat selection for our main shop,however, our freezer was full from past couple ground turkey and london broil meats sales. Its enough for 2 or so weeks of meals in there (stretch more with brown rice.

Bananas. Went to 3 different stores before we found any.

Our priorities are probably a little off we mainly got candy and other junk food. I mean if I have to spend 2 weeks in the house with my kids junk is a must since I don't drink. Although I think I may need to start 🤪

I stopped at my Publix on the way home. It was busy, but aside from the tp and cleaning staples that all stores seem to be out of, there was plenty of food. It is odd that chicken seems to be the meat of choice. I wonder if people are planning to make soup if they get sick . . . Plenty of beef (ground and otherwise) and pork. Plenty of toiletries, canned and frozen food, bread was low, but still available (I put a couple loaves in the freezer in case I cook the turkey in the freezer and need dressing). Cheap soda was very low (store brand) but lots of brand name stuff. Plenty of produce and fruit. Lots of people just running in for a few things, and no overloaded carts. I would say it was like Social Security day (there is a HUGE retirement community right behind the grocery).

I actually found a tp stash I didn’t know I had. My dad, who passed away 9 years ago, had stashed tp away and I came across it by accident about a week ago. Felt like finding a gold mine!

Entire paper aisle gone - toilet paper, paper towels, wipes, etc. Pasta and pasta sauce gone - except fat free alfredo and lasagna noodles (guess even a pandemic won't make people eat something disgusting and people want to make things that are low effort). Produce was fully stocked. Frozen fruit gone, frozen chicken everything gone (fingers, patties, etc.). Beer section was still well-stocked which kind of surprised me but that's craft beer - didn't notice if the cheap stuff was low. Ice cream was about half of what it normally is and soup was completely gone. I live in Wegmans' home town so that's primarily where we go and everything I heard said other stores in the area were similar.

There's actually a local Atlanta brand of Ginger Ale that I like called Red Rock that they usually have plenty of in the grocery store, but there was absolutely none on the shelf of the Kroger I was at the other night.

I always have a decent stock of TP on hand but my pregnant daughter in-law could only get her hands on two rolls this week. Since she is quite pregnant and was told not to go out in public until delivery day, we handed over our supplies.

We went to Aldi and their fresh produce section had a few bananas and a two cabbages left.
Are people freezing this stuff??

We did get the last box of cheeze-its!

No, more then likely it will go to waste. It is a shame how people are behaving.

Can someone explain to me why people in my town are hoarding cat litter??? Not even food. LITTER!

That's the weirdest sellout I've seen. Otherwise, the shelves are low on the typical things: paper products obvi, OTC pain relievers, soaps and cleaning products, pastas and soups, etc. Oh yeah, and the supply of chicken was running super low too.

My local grocer was out of ginger root and garlic.... I guess we won’t make Chinese dumplings this weekend, oh well

Bananas - just one sad lonely banana left, that had been slightly peeled at the stem end. Even the higher-priced organic bananas were gone.
Thermometers - I got the last one
Hand sanitizer - none in stock for days
Toilet paper - none at all
Eggs - only a handful of cartons left, and most had one or more cracked eggs
Following up on my shopping yesterday evening, I found bananas at a different store chain this afternoon. There were the greenest bananas I've ever seen, but at least I found them.

This store had no "regular" thermometers, just baby thermometers. They work just like regular thermometers, but they have a built-in alarm if the temp exceeds 99.5 degrees F.

Got everything else on my list, plus a bonus treat - Dark Chocolate Mint Kit Kat bars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter