• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What type of housing would you not want to live in?

Anyplace I would be stuck inside the whole time during a quarantine and any place without lots of storage.
I've been working at home since March 20. We did a top to bottom remodel of our house of 37 years 7 years ago. I REALLY have enjoyed staying home and getting to enjoy my house. My wife has to still go into work and is really jealous of me getting to stay home.

I would not want to live in some McMansion suburb where all the houses look the same and there’s no real character. I would not want a house with a pool or multiple stories. I love my neighborhood because there’s no HOA and people have added unique touches to their homes. There are some city rules that have to be followed because I live within historic district, but I do not have an issue with those.

I could never live in a house "out in the country" on a large plot of land with no neighbors in sight. I would feel way too isolated and freaked out at night, imagining all the things that could be lurking around.

I'm a fan of suburbia.

I live in subs we have all nature of things lurking from animals to humans don’t have to be in the out in the sticks to get the lurking!! My ring goes off night and day all hours !! I’m about to rip that thing out!

I live in subs we have all nature of things lurking from animals to humans don’t have to be in the out in the sticks to get the lurking!! My ring goes off night and day all hours !! I’m about to rip that thing out!

LOL. I live in a VERY DENSELY developed suburb. We have some random coyotes every once in awhile, that's about it.

You know you can set your Ring to recognize people and only alert to that, right? Makes a huge difference. My ring uses to send notifications when the shadows changed as the sun moved through the sky. Crazy.

I have people out at all hour of the night !! Why are they out at 2 or 3 am walking their dog ??? Crazy !!

That is crazy. We have some neighbors who are consistently up with all their lights on at like 3am. I have no idea what their deal is.

Scared of the dark ? Or just tired of chasing hubby around to turn lights off and gave up because they are led bulbs and last forever and don’t use a lot of electric - I have that on good authority from someone who never turns a light off - I won’t name any names but I live with him !! Haa haa

Scared of the dark ? Or just tired of chasing hubby around to turn lights off and gave up because they are led bulbs and last forever and don’t use a lot of electric - I have that on good authority from someone who never turns a light off - I won’t name any names but I live with him !! Haa haa

Nah. This family is all awake and seemingly working. I can see into their living area because they also leave all their curtains/blinds open. I suppose they are nocturnal.

I also forgot to mention if I turned off animals I would not have seen the bobcat !! Nice to know he’s prowling around but maybe a coyote can get him or he get the other !!!

I've been working at home since March 20. We did a top to bottom remodel of our house of 37 years 7 years ago. I REALLY have enjoyed staying home and getting to enjoy my house. My wife has to still go into work and is really jealous of me getting to stay home.

Ahhh...there's staying home and then there's staying inside. I've been staying home, working from home and enjoying it thoroughly, but when the restrictions were on full, when even the local parks, etc. were closed I could still go out in the yard, sit on the deck, talk to my neighbor with her in her yard, me in mine. OTH, my husband is and essential work and his work involves going into other people's homes. When the quarantine restrictions were full he was going into places, where, except to go to the grocery store people had no way to be out of their homes, they were stuck inside the whole time, no yard, no deck, no balcony, etc. Some were in single family homes, others condos, others in apartments. And you and I have something to do to keep ourselves busy, a purpose to every day at home. Imagine being stuck inside for months with nothing of purpose to do. I'd go crazy.

Ahhh...there's staying home and then there's staying inside. I've been staying home, working from home and enjoying it thoroughly, but when the restrictions were on full, when even the local parks, etc. were closed I could still go out in the yard, sit on the deck, talk to my neighbor with her in her yard, me in mine. OTH, my husband is and essential work and his work involves going into other people's homes. When the quarantine restrictions were full he was going into places, where, except to go to the grocery store people had no way to be out of their homes, they were stuck inside the whole time, no yard, no deck, no balcony, etc. Some were in single family homes, others condos, others in apartments. And you and I have something to do to keep ourselves busy, a purpose to every day at home. Imagine being stuck inside for months with nothing of purpose to do. I'd go crazy.
With a few newly announced changes, pretty much still full restrictions here. Of course given how many people are ignoring the restrictions you understand was August had the highest level of infections and deaths here. And now the computer projects for January are double what August was. All because people won't social distance, wear masks and stay home. And as I am typing this the people next door are having a pool party for the third Saturday in a row, and none of the people out of the pool are wearing mask. How many people have to get sick and die before folks realize you can't do that.

Urban cores, too much noise, smells and closeness. The mini urban cores that are becoming more popular in my area typically have a medium because while the sounds are more suburbia (as they are located there) they have some things within walking distance like shops and restaurants as well as other businesses that appeal to those looking for more walkability.

Densely populated apartments and really anything that shares a wall so duplex, and fourplexes as well as condos.

I like having my house at this point in my life and one that is in suburbia--it's close for highway access but space to move but yes no walkability which is fine by me. That said I'm not really into tiny homes for actual living. Once I moved into a home (first was a rental at 1,500 sq feet and present home is 2,700+ sq feet) it's hard to imagine going really tiny. When my husband was in CA last year his apartment was 470 sq feet and for tiny homes that's actually large so yeah that's a nope for me.

I think with RV'ing I would get bored after a while of not having my own space outside to do what I want so at least right now in my life nope on that.

I love old farm houses. Unfortunately, they are surrounded by cornfields. I am very allergic to corn pollen/corn silk.

I need a single family house in the suburbs, not a lot of land, able to drive to anything in 5 minutes or less. I think I’d actually like a one story one day, but they hardly exist here, right now I have a basement and a finished attic, so 4.

I guess I could do any of them if I had to, but I would certainly prefer to avoid: Anything rural and probably even suburban--I'm just a city guy. Frankly, I don't think I would want a freestanding house--it just seems like so much work. And certainly nothing with wheels.

"Anywhere rural. I need to see something when I look out my window"

"Anywhere urban would be off my list. I hate city life."

"Green Acres...we are there"
lol.
I watch too much MeTV:happytv:

I'd hate to live anywhere without a garden. Also, I'd prefer my garden not to be overlooked. We live at the end of a cul-de-sac and our neighbours' windows don't face onto garden. We also back onto a country park so no issues there either. It's the primary reason we bought this house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter