• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Treasure cruise are you booking next week?

Our TA was able to get us the January 18th sailing at our preferred stateroom level with no problem!
Out of curiosity what would you say is the best level? And is that due to motion sickness or proximity to certain areas?

We're ABD Insiders and got our April 5th 4B on deck 9 with no problem, and on the edge of a bump-out, too!

I'm feeling very excited, although I have to remind myself that the cruise is 564 days away, ha! Hopefully we'll get lots of fun and exciting Treasure details over the next 15 months. :)

Out of curiosity what would you say is the best level? And is that due to motion sickness or proximity to certain areas?
Oh, I meant like stateroom class (we're in 5C on this sailing), not so much deck level.

I do get some "motion sickness," but not in the nausea sense, more in the sense that I get a bit dizzy the first couple of days on the boat. We'll be on Deck 7, technically aft but right at the edge of what's considered aft. I do think that being on the lower decks and towards midship helps me with the motion.

We are booked on the March 22-29 Western Carribean sailing. Deck 9, adjoining veranda rooms at the beginning of the bump out. Only mildly excited, as we will likely switch to the Fantasy when booking for the rest of the ships open up if she is sailing the Eastern Caribbean route those days.

Jealous! I really wanted to book a reasonably priced January trip but my husband the responsible dad put his foot down on pulling them out of school for a week so we are paying spring break rates in March, which were $2K more than January (but still $8K less than the ridiculously maiden). But I am officially now excited for this! We’ll see if I get buyers remorse and cancel before then though.
I feel you. I wanted to go in January or May. But we’re going to be paying summer rates since DH didn’t want to take out DS that long. Still planning something short in January though.

I’m so on the fence.
I got covid from The Magic Aug 22
I got covid from Regal Princess Feb 23 and so especially after taking longer to get over this year I’m a bit put off to be honest.
So I’m doing a land based vacation this November on The Big Island of Hawaii and my preference is for another land based trip in Feb/March 24 probably to Barbados.
Perhaps then I’ll be ready to cruise again. However, I’m a hang out in the shade all day at the Quiet Cove type person chilling and reading combined with being in the pool for long periods of time and I just don’t think I’ll like the layout of the pools on The Wish and The Treasure.
I just can’t seem to get enthusiastic. This year is the first year that I’m not sailing on DCL for as long as I can remember. Think I’ll wait a bit.

Is it normal that there are no staterooms available already for the March 8th sailing?

Was thinking it might just be my party size (5) but I even tried a double occupancy booking and it said nothing was available. Was trying online just now with the Silver window.

Is it normal that there are no staterooms available already for the March 8th sailing?

Was thinking it might just be my party size (5) but I even tried a double occupancy booking and it said nothing was available. Was trying online just now with the Silver window.
Hope this was resolved for you already, but I just tried for a party of 3 and found plenty available!

Disney website is having major issues this morning. Works for some, but doesn't for most. I keep getting the message that there are no staterooms available for all sailings. What a mess.

So we are signed in as silver, confirmed that it has our silver status correct, and the website still says coming soon for Treasure bookings. I can’t do anything… anyone else having this issue?

I looked at the January 18th sailing, as we really don't want to go over spring break again (the airfare for our spring break 2024 trip was bonkers high) but I think we'll just wait to see what the Fantasy is doing.

I'm a DVC member. Called this morning just to see availability for one of the Treasure itineraries that interests us. Estimated wait time: 354 minutes.

Got through via Costco, they were on hold for a little over an hour but was able to use our OBB on the March 8th sailing

So we are signed in as silver, confirmed that it has our silver status correct, and the website still says coming soon for Treasure bookings. I can’t do anything… anyone else having this issue?
Same issue here. Just came to the board to see if it's just me.

Same issue here. Just came to the board to see if it's just me.
We ended up calling and getting through in less than 10 minutes. Originally was going to do the New Years cruise but ended up deciding to go on March 8 and saved 4k by doing a verandah on March 8 vs New Years. I checked just now and website still grayed out for me.

We ended up calling and getting through in less than 10 minutes. Originally was going to do the New Years cruise but ended up deciding to go on March 8 and saved 4k by doing a verandah on March 8 vs New Years. I checked just now and website still grayed out for me.
Glad you through quickly and are booked!

Was able to book this morning and able to place 2 bookings, then the site got really glitchy because I'm assuming everyone was on it at the same time. The site right now is working again with no issues so I'm assuming the rush has ended. Maiden voyage is still available. I really can't justify spending that amount in concierge knowing that it was roughly the same fare for South Pacific concierge. Hopefully DCL will learn maybe not to put any maiden voyages on a holiday because that definitely inflated the cost.

Does anyone know why the February sailing 7 night eastern itinerary that does not stop in Puerto Rico is priced at a higher starting value? That sailing has a lot of concierge rooms available. I for sure thought January would be priced higher because more people would want to book but that sailing is lesser in price than Feb.

I also found interesting that the no verandah concierge Oceanview staterooms were priced higher than concierge family ocean view verandah. On the wish it was the exact opposite in prices when it came out.

For anyone that has sailed the eastern itinerary what would be the best months to go if you had to choose between January, March, and May?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter