What Tour Would You Design For Adventures By Disney?

SanFranciscan

DIS Veteran
I am sure that this question has been asked before here, but I don't normally hang out in this section of the site. If you were going to design a tour for Adventures By Disney, where and what would you put on the tour?

As much as I love trains, I think that I would make some arrangements with the railroads of the world. I would be particularly interested in historic trains or in journeys through Asia.

We would love to have Disney design a ABD trip to Egypt (with a Nile cruise included), New Zealand (with a lot of outdoor activities), and Japan. We hear from our sources that New Zealand is in the works next year.

Scotland and Wales
But Actually I would love to try almost any of the ABDs that are available now.
It is not a matter of not having the right itinerary. It is a matter of not having enough vacation time and money:)

We would love to have Disney design a ABD trip to Egypt (with a Nile cruise included), New Zealand (with a lot of outdoor activities), and Japan. We hear from our sources that New Zealand is in the works next year.
Oh, man! New Zealand??? I could so totally go for that! I've always wanted to go there.

Sayhello

I have two ideas.

First, I do alot of overnight motorcycle trips every year, and Disney would do a wonderful job of itinerary, destination, and sightseeing planning. There are many places to go and things to do that being on a motorcycle actually make better.

Secondly, how about an Amazing Race meets eco-challenge kind of event. Hidden clues and destinations with athletics and endurance aspects built in would be a cool trip.

I have no interest in China but I would love to go to Japan. I would also like to see Britain and Ireland that would be a great trip, I have been to France and I have no desire to return but England and Ireland would be great

I have no interest in China but I would love to go to Japan. I would also like to see Britain and Ireland that would be a great trip, I have been to France and I have no desire to return but England and Ireland would be great

They already have an Ireland adventure. I would like to see Japan and a more indepth England one not combined with Paris. Sometime like combining York and Northern England or Cotswolds and the Lakes region

They already have an Ireland adventure. I would like to see Japan and a more indepth England one not combined with Paris. Sometime like combining York and Northern England or Cotswolds and the Lakes region

ooh I would love that!

I am well aware they have an ireland adventure I would like to see it combined with England and not England and France.

I am well aware they have an ireland adventure I would like to see it combined with England and not England and France.

Sorry about that, I didn't realize you were talking about a combination between the two.

Perchance, to dream...if we were able to craft a land tour (and maybe hook it up with the Baltic Disney cruise), it would be a Moscow to St. Petersberg adventure. (Sure, lots of red tape--pardon the pun--but they did a great job with China!)

I heard on the China trip that Japan was being developed--of course, tying in with the Disneyland Tokoyo properties.

Finally...I would love to see a "Castles of the United Kingdom" with the focus on Scotland, Wales and upper England (probably have to first meet in London and then train up).

Dream on--you never know!

Egypt, without question. Also perhaps a Brazil trip or something through Siberia.

Wasn't there originally a Hawaiian tour? What happened to that one? I would love to go there - helicopter tours, volcano tours, surfing, etc. Maybe even cruise amongst the islands...

There was a Hawaiian tour some years ago. Maybe with Disney positioning a ship on the West coast next year, they are setting up a possible revisit to the Hawaiian Islands. I know they are building a DVC property as well. So someone at Disney is interested in bringing that area back into the Disney experience.

We did the Hawaiian tour in 2006. It was awesome! Oahu and the Big Island. Included Pearl Harbor, surfing lessons, Waikiki, Volcanoes Nat'l Park, Snorkeling and Outrigger Canoing. We did do the helicopter tour of the big island, but that was on our own. I think helicopter tours generally are "add ons" that the adventure guides can arrange for you. They are too expensive to include in the itinerary. We did an optional helicoper over the Grand Canyon with the Southwest Splendor's vacation.

I know DVC is opening a resort in Hawaii. That may be the reason they no longer do ABD there--but who knows. It was a lovely trip.

For my dream ABD--I would agree that a trip to Japan, Russia, or stand alone England/Scotland/Wales would be terrific!

Turtlemom:rolleyes:

Japan definitely!

Egypt - no way! We just got back from a cruise to the Eastern Med and Egypt. Our ship was overnight in Alexandria, so we did a 2-day tour to Cairo. It was an awesome experience, but no way I'd want to spend more than a couple days in the country. It is EXTREMELY dirty, and it'd be impossible to keep all the guests healthy there. On the ship, they put in extra cleanliness measures. There was hand gel everywhere - even in all the elevators. And they wouldn't allow us to serve ourselves at the buffet after our Egypt stop.

Egypt - no way! We just got back from a cruise to the Eastern Med and Egypt. Our ship was overnight in Alexandria, so we did a 2-day tour to Cairo. It was an awesome experience, but no way I'd want to spend more than a couple days in the country. It is EXTREMELY dirty, and it'd be impossible to keep all the guests healthy there. On the ship, they put in extra cleanliness measures. There was hand gel everywhere - even in all the elevators. And they wouldn't allow us to serve ourselves at the buffet after our Egypt stop.
That's interesting. I didn't know that about Egypt. Thanks for the info!

I'd love to see ABD do Japan, also. Russia might be cool, too. Don't know that I'd ever go there without a tour. And I'd love it if they did Hawaii, provided it did a lot of different things. I know the last year they offered it, the itinerary in the brochure looked like you were mostly doing things at the resort, which you can pretty much arrange for yourself by staying at the resort... It really didn't appeal to me.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter