• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What toothpaste do you use? Does it leave your mouth fresh and tingly?

NikitaZee

DIS Veteran
I know it might sound silly, but I'm serious. My Mentadent Crystal Ice has been discontinued - I've been ordering it from Drugstore.com but now they're all out too. I need to find another toothpaste and I want one that leaves my mouth feeling really fresh and tingly. Any advice will help me narrow it down and save money buying all different brands! :goodvibes

it's been discontinued? I just bought a double pack with the dispenser a month ago at our Walmart Supercenter!! It's my favorite toothpaste above all others!

I love Arm and Hammer Complete Care. It just recently came out and my mouth has never felt better. Plus it's enamel strengthening.

Little off-topic, but still fun: I just read the book The Power of Habit. He explores the reasons behind why we do things, and delves a bit into how marketing folks use that to their advantage. Most of it started with toothpaste, believe it or not.

Back in the day, people didn't brush very often, nor did they think it all that important. To make it more important, toothpaste makers added a physical trigger to it: making your mouth feel tingly. It doesn't necessarily clean your teeth any better; it just makes you feel as though it does. Neat, huh?

Here's an excerpt I found about it online: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/...rom_charles_duhigg_s_the_power_of_habit_.html

I use Crest Pro-Health Clinical Gum Protection Toothpaste and I absolutely love it. I have never really been too brand-loyal when it came to toothpaste, but that has all changed now. My mouth feels so clean - even at the end of the day. When coupled with the mouth wash, it is even more amazing. My one warning about the mouth wash, though, is that it is hard to gargle with it. It kind of ends up fizzing in your mouth as though it is carbonated or something. But - definitely gets your mouth super clean.

I have to issue a HUGE second to the Arm&Hammer!!!!
I simply have to have a toothpaste with both Baking Soda and Peroxide.
The combination is well proven, and can't be beat.

I am using the Advance White-Extreme Whitening.
It has extra peroxide, and it actually foams and bubbles.

My husband uses the Brilliant Sparkle.
If you are wanting that overpowering mint - it has so much mint oil, I started using the one I just mentioned, because the Brilliant Sparkle has so much mint oill that it can really burn you up!

PS: to anybody who is plagued by mouth-canker sores... A strong baking soda and peroxide toothpaste will keep them at bay. (especially one with less lauryl sulfate type detergent-cleaner in it) We haven't had any since we switched years ago.

It kind of ends up fizzing in your mouth as though it is carbonated or something. But - definitely gets your mouth super clean.

Again, this is most likely the peroxide - like I just mentioned above.

I won't use that Crest...... No way.
But, I can recommend the Listerine Whitening Original mouthwash. (white bottle - blue labeling) :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone. I'm going to get both of the toothpaste brands you mentioned and try them out.
Lynxstch all I can find is the Refreshing Mint flavor, which isn't strong enough for my taste. I love the Crystal Ice - just can't find it anywhere. I hate Walmart but I would go there because they were the last store to carry it - alas, no more!

We just bought Crest Pro-Health for the 1st time and I hate the way it makes my mouth feel all day. It tastes like I haven't brushed my teeth and leaves a peroxide taste in my mouth. My teeth feel clean but the taste is horrible

I also use Crest 3D White. But a few times a week I dip my toothpaste (while it's on the brush, lol) in baking soda before I brush. I love those days. My teeth feel amazing - so clean and very fresh.

I know it might sound silly, but I'm serious. My Mentadent Crystal Ice has been discontinued - I've been ordering it from Drugstore.com but now they're all out too. I need to find another toothpaste and I want one that leaves my mouth feeling really fresh and tingly. Any advice will help me narrow it down and save money buying all different brands! :goodvibes

Hey there..try here. I found it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_20?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=mentadent+crystal+ice&sprefix=mentadent+crystal+ic%2Caps%2C153

Aquafresh EXTREME Clean. :thumbsup2

They carry different "extremes" of this kind but I tend to stick to the whitening or the fresh breath.

Dh and I love this toothpaste! However, my sister forgot her toothpaste when we went on a sisters Vegas vacation and she hated it. :rolleyes1 But then again, she just uses plain old Crest so I say she's a fuddy duddy. ;)

Good luck, it stinks when your tried and true is discontinued. (I still miss my favorite lip gloss and liner) :sad1: Damn you Revlon!!

We prefer Mentadent but don't insist on Crystal Ice. I ordered a box of about a dozen refills from Amazon, but then I started finding the refills in local stores again. The other varieties are fine. I don't use much with my electric toothbrush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter