What to see in Universal Hollywood that is not at Univeral Orlando?

seema

Mouseketeer
We have visited Univeral Orlando several times over the last few years. I last visited Univeral Hollywood 20 years ago. What should we (including the children aged 10 through to 16) focus on at Univeral Hollywood, that is unique to that particular theme park?

Waterworld and the Studio Tour are probably the biggest things as everything else is either copied from UOR or UOR has it copied from USH.

You'll never see another Studio Tour like USH's. Depending what you and the kids are into, you'll all love it. And the kids will LOVE Waterworld. It's a live stunt/action show and depending on how brave your kids are, they can antagonise the guys with buckets and water spray jet things at the front and get wet. It's a great show - for all the family.

Backdraft is also pretty unique. I'd say it's USH's version of Twister. You basically go through a few soundstages and learn things about the film and then get on to see an amazing pyro display in the main part. And the kids always seem to like the Special Effects stages too.

The Studio Tour and Waterworld are on the Upper Lot and Backdraft is on the Lower Lot with Revenge of The Mummy (which is different (not as good) as the Orlando version - it does still go backwards though) and Jurrasic Park River Adventure which is virtually identical.

Have a great trip!!!

Not a ride or attraction, but something I think is unique to USH is the NBC Wardrobe Department outlet in the Silver Screen store. They sell clothing that was purchased for or used by actors and actresses. Many designer labels. Bargain prices.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter