• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to see first?

Trisa

Earning My Ears
For you guys who know WDW like the back of your hand.
We are only going to MK 1 day. I have been really trying to plan
so we can make the most of it. I have a 21 month old and a nine year old. I was thinking of doing the pooh ride, Peter Pan and the ones in that area first. I read the lines are long and dont want to take my 21 month old late in the day when she may be cranky.
I read on another site to try to ride splash mountain and or Space mountain during the day parade so the lines wont be so long. Does this sound like a good plan? I know my 21 month old cant ride those but I was thinking take her to the Tiki room maybe while hubby and son ride splash mountain. Are they close enough to do that? I can always ride the transit ride while they wait for Space mountain. Thanks for any ideas!!!! I love these boards!!! We are leaving the 21st of March. I can't wait. My son was 4 the last time we went and he really doesnt remember anything except for the Dumbo ride!!

Welcome to the DIS!! It sounds like you have some good ideas! I definitely suggest going to Fantasyland early in the day, as soon as they open. There are far less lines at that time. As far as Splash Mt., you could do fastpass or your idea about taking the baby to the Tiki room at that time is good, too, they are pretty close together. Going during the parade is a good idea. And the TTA is a great idea while you wiat for them to do Space Mt. It will be a nice break for you and the little one. Have fun!!

Trisa, do you know about baby swapping? With the baby swap, your DH and older child could ride Splash Mountain, while you wait with the little one, and then you and your older child can ride while your DH waits with the little one. Your older child gets to ride twice in a row. Just tell the first CM (cast member) you see at each ride that you want to baby swap. They'll give you a special pass so that the second rider can go through the fast pass line. At Splash Mountain there's a fun little playground where the waiting parent and little one hang out.

All the rides with height restrictions have baby swaps.

Are you going to any other parks, or is the entire trip one day at MK? On our last trip that's all we had, and we had to make the most of it. We got a lot done, and it was a day the park closed early. It really does take some planning. You might want to let your 9yo spend some time with Birnbaum's WDW For Kids by Kids and the free vacation planning video and pick his highest priorities for rides. My 9yo DD says don't miss Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain.

Also, keep in mind that they DON'T make you leave the park when it closes. You can really take your time, go into the shops, get an ice cream, enjoy the lights shining on the castle, etc. The rides will be shut down, but you can still hang around for quite a while.

I didnt know about baby swap. I really dont want to ride SM.
Im not one for getting soaked. But we can use it for other rides.
Can my hubby use fast pass and then me wait doing the baby swap then me go? How long of a wait will it be that way? My 21 month old is NOT one for waiting long if they dont have a play area or something to do. Thanks for you help!:Pinkbounc We leave next Friday!!!!!!!!

Opps i forgot, we are going to Mk for a day and Epcot for a day. Maybe MGM. Also going to UVS/IOA for 1 day and want a day or 2 to spend time at the resort. Off site but very nice. It has 7 pools!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter