What to see and do during the holidays at WDW

LuvMy3Monkeys

Mouseketeer
What should we make sure we see while in the World from dec 1-15? I know there are some things you can only see/do during the christmas party, and we're not sure if we're doing that yet or not. Anyone want to help me plan? :goodvibes

Well, there are great things to do at the Christmas party, but also all over WDW....my family loves the storytellers about the holidays all over the world in Epcot as well as the Candlelight Processional there :)

Personally I think the Osbourne Lights are a must.

I love seeing Christmas Lights anywhere but there is something special about this event. It is truly inspiring. The way it "takes" over and you are submerged in the lights....it is breathtaking.

MVMCP is not for everyone. We did it, loved being in MK on our last night (which is why we did the event)....would we do it again. Don't know. To me the fireworks show and the parade aren't as good as the normal ones. JMO.

Another thing I think is overrated is the resorts decorations. Yes the are nice but to me it takes too much time going to see them. If you have a meal planned at a resort, sure take in the decorations but it isn't worth it to me to seek them out.

I do recommend really stopping to look at the big trees at the park's enterances. They are so cool. We took pics in front of each one....it is a special memory for me.

Lastly, nothing beats Main street for the "Christmas spirit". Really take your time walking and looking at it. Very nice.

Osbourne Lights for sure, and walking down Main Street -- with the "snow" and the lit castle. :)

I loved MVMCP, but only because we're commando ride folk and were able to bust through all of the rides in no time at all! Couldn't tell you a thing about the parades, lol. But the "free" snacks were great ;)

Visit the resorts, as many as you can. They are stunning. The deluxe resorts are all standouts. Take a day to resort tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter