What to rope drop Hollywood Studios…

I do not understand the people who rope drop AND pay for ILL unless their trip is super short. You can easily rope drop Slinky and get to Railway before it backs up.
We choose to RD TOT and RNR. I will now pay to avoid any line. I’m going in the summer with 3 young kids and my parents. No one wants to stand in a line in the heat.

Why would you rope drop things that you can Genie+?

I can't speak for everyone, but we will hopefully rope drop some things that we can also G+ so we can ride them a 2nd time later... We like rides and aren't planning to visit disney again for quite some time... so if we can ride a few things twice, with a short wait, it'd be great for us.

I can't speak for everyone, but we will hopefully rope drop some things that we can also G+ so we can ride them a 2nd time later... We like rides and aren't planning to visit disney again for quite some time... so if we can ride a few things twice, with a short wait, it'd be great for us.

yes my girls want to ride several of the DHS rides more than once, especially ToT and RnR. We rope dropped them during FP+ too even though we also had a FP+ for one or both. We think slinky is overrated- we ride it if it works out but don’t sacrifice other things for it. There are rides at all of the parks my kids want to ride 2+ times a day and previously it was not an issue. We go back this December - hope they still can.

This week we have went to HS twice at early entry. First day we got in line to scan about 745 and went to tot. Not many people yet. We were on that and rode rnrc twice by probably about 825. As we were heading over to mmrr I’d assume they just recently opened for ever guest. Mmrr was about a half hour. Then we waited about an hour for sdd. That was time change day so I think that helped.

Yesteray got there about 730 and went to sdd. Off maybe 5-10 minutes after opening and to rnrc. Got in line at tot at 835 and waited an hour.

When going though early entry go more towards the right (the far right is off site). The first day we were in the left line and noticed the right one was moving more quick so we worked our way over there.

I just planned a trip for a family that will never go back. We used all of this. G+, ILL, rope drop to get maximum rides in. You have to use all of this if you want to cover the park in the only day you have. When G+ didn't work, they still had to wait for Slinky Dog at rope drop. Has anyone ever actually gotten Slinky Dog???

Over the holidays I got SDD by booking at 7am for early evening return time using strategies posted on DIS and other places.

The techniques described in this thread feel like a digital version of what I followed in ‘06. I had a touring plan that said do this ride, then that ride, then go grab a FP from that machine and depending on return time you do this next…

This thread proves how complicated Disney has made it to plan a day in the park.

I hate having to have multiple strategies our HS day depending on how it goes. It's very frustrating to have no control over pre-planning!
RotR is the priority, so we were going to rope drop it and save some $$. But then we read that it frequently goes down in the morning, so back to paying for it. We'll rope drop it too just because we like it so much but only if we're successful at getting SDD G+, otherwise we'll rope drop that.

I hate having to have multiple strategies our HS day depending on how it goes. It's very frustrating to have no control over pre-planning!
RotR is the priority, so we were going to rope drop it and save some $$. But then we read that it frequently goes down in the morning, so back to paying for it. We'll rope drop it too just because we like it so much but only if we're successful at getting SDD G+, otherwise we'll rope drop that.
Don't necessarily totally disregard rope dropping ROTR (at least with Early Entry).

Wife and I did that earlier this month, and we were near the back of the Early Entry crowd. When we got to ROTR, they were letting people get in line, although telling us the ride was not up and running and they didn't have an ETA. Most people had decided to get in line and wait anyway, and we chose the same. About 20 minutes later, the ride was running and the line was moving. We were on and off the ride in less than an hour after Early Entry, including the 20 minute delay (and everything was working on the ride).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter