what to pack for July weather?

sevenreeses

Earning My Ears
We're leaving in the wee hours of this Saturday:p and can hardly wait! I've spent what seems like months gathering all the little doo-dads recommended on this site - glow bracelets, mini-fans, walking sandals etc. etc. But I'm starting the actual packing and starting to worry about having either too much or not enough cool-weather clothes. I'm planning to tell my kids to pack one pair of long pants and one sweatshirt or long-sleeved button-down, in case of rain or cool evenings. Does that sound right? I have lots of kids, so I really don't want to bring more than necessary, but since I've never been to Florida, I'm a little worried. Any advice? Oh, btw, we have laundry facilities in our resort room and I plan on throwing in a load on most days. Thanks for all your help! :) :bounce:

I just pulled this from weather.com. It doesn't look like jeans will be needed at all if the lowest low is going to be 72--but you know your family best--do they consider 72 cool? As far as sweatshirts and stuff-I wouldn't pack any and if a need REALLY arose I would use that as an 'excuse" to have to purchase one there--even if I had to go to the outlets at Lake BUena Vista or off of Vineland (Premium Outlets) (both have Disney outlets in them). Perhaps count it as a souvenir?

As far as rain---the dollar store sells ponchos 2 in a pack for $1.00. I feel that wearing a poncho actually traps the heat inside next to your body so the last thing I want to wear is heavier clothes in the rain (plus they take longer to dry out).

Just MHO, Hope this helps.

Today
Jun 27 PM T-Storms 83°/72° 60 %

Fri
Jun 28 Scattered T-Storms 86°/72° 50 %

Sat
Jun 29 Scattered T-Storms 85°/72° 40 %

Sun
Jun 30 Scattered T-Storms 86°/73° 40 %

Mon
Jul 01 Scattered T-Storms 85°/73° 40 %

Tue
Jul 02 Scattered T-Storms 85°/73° 40 %

Wed
Jul 03 Isolated T-Storms 85°/73° 40 %

Thu
Jul 04 Isolated T-Storms 87°/73° 30 %

Fri
Jul 05 Isolated T-Storms 87°/73° 30 %

Sat
Jul 06 Isolated T-Storms 87°/73° 30 %

Thank you Belle! That makes it easy. The weather is so unpredictable here in Utah we never leave the house for more than a couple of hours without something warm to put on, so it feels funny to leave for 10 days without anything. I hadn't planned on jeans. My kids like to wear cotton scrub-type pants around the house, so I think I'll stick with those, they might feel good after changing out of wet clothes in the evening.

We just got back from being there June 15-22. We are from West Michigan on the shore of Lake Michigan where weather changes every few minutes.

All I can say is, leave the winter gear at home. Florida is either Hot or Hotter. We brought pants and sweatshirts and all they did was make the suitcases heavier.

We packed way too much stuff.

So I would suggest bringing say 4 or 5 outfits for each person, and do laundry while swimming at your resort.

Have fun and the best purchase we made beside the ponchos (it rained all last week) was the mister/fan because when the sun comes out, IT IS HOT!!!

I took way too much clothing in July last year. If you are staying where laundry facilities are available, use them. You need shorts, light shirts and swimsuit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter