What to pack for 2yr old?

KJMAX1

DIS Veteran
Our daughter is almost three, and we were at Disneyland last month, so we know what to pack for in the park etc. But since we will be going in a month, and since there is a ton of rain, what have people been packing for the kids to wear, and how much? I would like to only take one suitcase for she and I, and cram the extras into my husbands. Maybe I can get away with carry-ons only.

Also what other MUST haves did you bring? We just decided to bring a rain cover for the stroller!

Our dd just turned 3. We are just packing shorts and shirts and dresses. A couple of pairs of shoes, socks, panties, etc.... You didn't say how long you will be there, and that definitely affects things. We will be staying for 7 nights and have almost 8 full days there. Therefore, we are going to pack about 14 outfits. One for morning one for evening. That covers accidents in the parks at meals, etc.... We are going to buy pull ups at our grocery stop. Even though she is potty trained, we don't want accidents in the parks, so we will probably keep her in pull ups when we are at MK and maybe some of the others where there are long waits for rides.

Two swimsuits, one with floaties and one without. Water shoes if you are going to the waterpark are necessary, probably even at the resort.

Our must haves are more along the lines of medication. Our daughter is asthmatic, so we lug the nebulizer and all of her various medication with us - this includes anything and everything we think we might need.

As for unusual must needs, hmmmmmmmmmmm....3 pacifiers and 3 "burples". She won't sleep without either. Taking extra for those OMG we lost the pabby moments.

We take a small light for ours to hold on a dark ride, and a night light for the hotel. Take a set of warmer clothes or a jacket, one night at Epcot I had to go buy a warmer set of clothes because she was cold. The rest of us were fine, but she was cold in the stroller and I didn't want to return to the hotel. I always take the stroller cover in case of rain.

It is very hot and humid in DW in the summer. We found that having a small battery operated fan for each of us was helpful while waiting in line, for parades and for shows. They also make water bottles with a fan on them. This worked well to keep our son entertained and all of us cool.

We brought tons of wipes. Found it easier to use those than washcloths and even napkins most of the time. And, don't forget the suntan lotion. The sun there is very hot and you will use a lot of it. Plus, a hat is very nice, also. And, I would bring an extra pair of shoes as you never know when you might lose a sandal. They are expensive there.

A raincover for a stroller is a must and umbrellas for you are also nice. They sell ponchos there but we prefer the umbrellas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter