What to look for in a Elec. golf cart (and what to avoid)

LONE-STAR

<font color=green>1000 miles to far from Disney<br
I have gas carts but I am tired of gas fumes in my toy hauler. So if I was to look at elec. carts what should I look for. One of my gas carts goes 30 mph and the other one goes 25 mph. So I would like the elec. cart to do at least 20 mph or more. I would be buying used looking for a good deal.

Thanks in advance.

Seriously, I would go 48 volt for sure. You can spend around 1k for just a motor and controller. If the batts are older prepare to replace them or prepare to carry a long extension cord.

Been there done that. Went from Battery to Gas and mucho, mucho happier. You will kick yourself in the kahunas if you make the switch.:thumbsup2

club car because it is aluminum frame. there are some out there with 4 batteries (mine) and 6 batteries. they had 6 went to 4 and are now back to 6. i am not sure why but, they say the 6 hold the charge longer.

Been there done that. Went from Battery to Gas and mucho, mucho happier. You will kick yourself in the kahunas if you make the switch.:thumbsup2

I won't get rid of my gas carts. I would just leave one at home, bring one in the bed of my truck and put the elec. cart in the toy hauler(no more gas fumes so we could sleep in the trailer when traveling).

48 Volts is a must...Check the frame and make sure that it has not been welded back together and like already posted check the batteries for a date code. Might also try and charge the cart and make sure that the charger turns off by it self. If not, that is another expense you will have to look at. These are all mistakes that I made when I purchased my cart. You can make the electric carts go fast I have GPS'ed mine on a fresh charge at 29MPH IMO anything faster than that is kind of scary on a golf cart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter