What to expect for a vacation at WDW 2018?

Michaela Brajczewski

Earning My Ears
This is my first post and I am traveling with my boyfriend just the two of us to WDW in April of 2018! I'm curious if anything special is coming in 2018? A new attraction? Celebration? etc. Just wanted to know as well if there is any money saving tips? its just the two of us and I have tried every trick i know to save money while booking the trip? I am doing the Dining plan, and i would like to stay at Carribean Beach Resort. :yay::mickeybar

Have you visited the MouseSavers website? It's a pretty comprehensive look at every way to save money at the parks and resorts. On our last WDW trip in 2016, we saved a lot of money by renting a DVC studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge, rather than paying full price for a room. But it's possible Caribbean Beach Resort is less expensive than renting - might be worth a look, though, at a DVC rental.

This is my first post and I am traveling with my boyfriend just the two of us to WDW in April of 2018! I'm curious if anything special is coming in 2018? A new attraction? Celebration? etc. Just wanted to know as well if there is any money saving tips? its just the two of us and I have tried every trick i know to save money while booking the trip? I am doing the Dining plan, and i would like to stay at Carribean Beach Resort. :yay::mickeybar
Have a blast... We are going in March 2018. Staying at The Wilderness Lodge. We changed our mind often as to what resort... first it was Port Orleans, then Art of ANimation Little mermaid room... now its The Wilderness Lodge... courtyard view w/ bunk beds (we have a toddler). I believe in April you'll be going during the Flower & Garden show at Epcot.

I believe there will be construction at Caribbean Beach and you won't be eligible for gift cards if you haven't booked yet. May want to consider POFQ or somewhere else.

As far as saving money, look at the dining plan very carefully compared to how you would normally eat. Many people find it doesn't save them $, there's too much food, or they are tied to meal times. Depends on what level you choose of course.

:welcome:

Flower & Garden festival will be going on at Epcot. I'm not aware of any "new" attractions other than Pandora the World of Avatar at AK, which is opening this month. You'll be too early for Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land. But there is always something new happening! They just announced a new Pixar musical at HS. There are rumors of Great Movie Ride closing and being replaced with a new attraction (no idea yet on theme or timing). Stitch's Great Escape is now a seasonal ride and there have been rumors about what will replace it. So the bottom line is, a lot can happen in a year!

As far as saving money, dining plan may not be the best choice. I would crunch the numbers there and make sure it's financially smart for you. I personally love the DP for the convenience factor, but not as a money saver.

Hi- We also are planning our 2018 trip. We will be staying at Coronado Springs- their pool is tons of fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter