• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to eat at Epcot? Snack Goals :)

As some of the PPs have mentioned, the macaron at l'artisan des glaces in France Pavilion (behind the fountain, in the tiny shop to the L of the French Bakery) is different & very good. Its a scoop of specialty ice cream sandwiched betw 2 fresh sweet meringue 'cookies'.

That macaron along with the Cronut at Refreshment Port, the skool bread at Kringla Bakeri in Norway and the chocolate covered caramel at the Karamell-Kuche (Werther's shop) in Germany, are my go-to unique snacks.

The Ramune soda in the Mitsukoshi treat shop in Japan is also fun & different. The CMs in Mitsukoshi will help you open it at the check-out when you pay. Its a small glass bottle filled with pop that has a clear glass marble built into the bottle.

I noticed a few posters have mentioned the Cronut. I have had it and it s good. I have also heard that ice cream can be added and the whole thing is a single snack credit.

I will be there in two days and hope it is true if not plain Cronut is pretty awesome anyway.

Also if having any adult beverages La Fin du Monde served in the Canada cart in my opinion may the best beer in Epcot.

We snacked around Epcot yesterday. Enjoyed a crepe from France, funnel cake from America, caramel corn to take to room from Germany, caramel apple and other treats from Germany, tiramisu from Italy and candied pecans from a cart between Mexico and Future World.

I noticed a few posters have mentioned the Cronut. I have had it and it s good. I have also heard that ice cream can be added and the whole thing is a single snack credit.

I will be there in two days and hope it is true if not plain Cronut is pretty awesome anyway.

Also if having any adult beverages La Fin du Monde served in the Canada cart in my opinion may the best beer in Epcot.
It is true- you can get the Cronut with ice cream on top. :)

Where can you get the Cronut?
For the true Cronut, you'll have to go to New York, as the word is a trademark owned by a Manhattan bakery. Look for other versions under the generic name "croissant doughnut" at the Refreshment Port in Epcot or elsewhere. I don't know how they compare, though I'm sure they're all good.

The ice cream from the sidewalk cart in France (can't think of the name). Oh my. It's the BEST soft serve ice cream I've ever had. It's not like the soft serve "ice milk" at most other locations around Disney. It's so thick and creamy and delicious. I think it's often overlooked because people probably think, "oh it's just ice cream." No. It's the BEST ice cream. In my opinion, of course. LOL.

For the true Cronut, you'll have to go to New York, as the word is a trademark owned by a Manhattan bakery. Look for other versions under the generic name "croissant doughnut" at the Refreshment Port in Epcot or elsewhere. I don't know how they compare, though I'm sure they're all good.
I am in NYC and this is true. Lots of places make copies though, Dunkin donuts has one!

In Germany I love the caramel apple cookie and the pretzels. The pretzel is a little drier and denser than the ones you get at the mall (not covered in butter) but I am pretty sure that is exactly how it supposed to be and we enjoyed it.

I made the assumption that you wouldn't want alcohol but if you enjoy wine, there are wine tastings in Germany, Italy, France and Japan. You can buy a passport that will allow you 2 tastings (I think) in each of those countries but you don't get to choose what they are. You can also go to the wine shop in each country and buy a flight and there are a number of different choices. There is also a wine bar in Italy where you can get flights and some pretty good cheese plates. Japan has a sake flight and I'm pretty sure you can do a tasting of plum wine. Every country also has beer if that strikes your fancy.

Where can I find out more about this passport? :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter